So just for kicks, where would you move?

Cordell

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to Seattle a few years ago to visit friends and had a great time. Lots of good beers and beautiful scenery once you leave the city. Cost of living is kind of ridiculous though.

Santa Fe is a great city too. We were out there for a few days earlier this year. Not blindly hot like Albuquerque, the art scene out there is awesome and tons of history. Plus easy access to skiing too.

I would definitely live in or around Napa if I really had to choose. Awesome countryside with tons of two-lane driving roads snaking through the hills, great wines and it's not expensive to find a nice house out there. I'm planning another trip out here in a few years with the wife and friends, that's how much I liked it.

SoCal without question.

This. Weather is perfect year-round, people are friendly as fuck, and there's always something to do. Tons of homeless folks, mexicans, and dirty hippies though.. but whatever. I have friends and family around San Diego, La Jolla, L.A., and San Francisco.. love visiting. Tons of gays in San Fran, but they really know how to spruce up the place.

I have never lived outside Ohio so it's hard so picks permanent place where I want to go. I like seasons but as I get older I dislike the cold more and more. Once the kids are grown and I do not care about the school system I hope to move out of the city. I need a building to store cars and a place to shoot but I would still like to be close enough to civilization to get groceries and parts relatively easily.

This. Weather is perfect year-round, people are friendly as fuck, and there's always something to do. Tons of homeless folks, mexicans, and dirty hippies though.. but whatever. I have friends and family around San Diego, La Jolla, L.A., and San Francisco.. love visiting. Tons of gays in San Fran, but they really know how to spruce up the place.

Exactly, money being no object it is the place to be. A buddy of mine has a place in La Jolla and it is amazing.

I've been in the SC/NC Charlotte area now for over two years and I've not seen any bugs. Except for several Hercules Beetles and those are awesome. The last mosquito I saw was back in Ohio. The weather is so amazing it must be experienced. No one from Ohio would believe that you literally go weeks/months between overcast days and in between is blue skies and puffy white clouds.

Oh the locals, bitch about the weather constantly, if its not exactly 72 degrees they cry. If the humidity is above 40% they cry, if it rains for more than 2 days in a row they cry.

I love every fucking day here because no matter what its not as bad as Ohio's weather and just changing that part of my life which I could do something about by simply moving was totally worth it.

Having said that, it would be nice to able to get an excellent pizza, about the best you can do here is the national chains. I personally would like to move to the coast and start boating and thats in the plans, but not yet.

X2.

NC can't be beat.

Tennessee is awesome, but that Humidity is :barf:

I wasn't a big fan when I lived in Charlotte

I've been in the SC/NC Charlotte area now for over two years and I've not seen any bugs. Except for several Hercules Beetles and those are awesome. The last mosquito I saw was back in Ohio. The weather is so amazing it must be experienced. No one from Ohio would believe that you literally go weeks/months between overcast days and in between is blue skies and puffy white clouds.

Oh the locals, bitch about the weather constantly, if its not exactly 72 degrees they cry. If the humidity is above 40% they cry, if it rains for more than 2 days in a row they cry.

I love every fucking day here because no matter what its not as bad as Ohio's weather and just changing that part of my life which I could do something about by simply moving was totally worth it.

Having said that, it would be nice to able to get an excellent pizza, about the best you can do here is the national chains. I personally would like to move to the coast and start boating and thats in the plans, but not yet.

Is Brix still there in the city? It was a bit pricey but not bad. Nothing like up here though.

Seattle. Or anywhere NW for that matter that isn't NoCal, mainly due to the cost of living.

If I wanted to actually move somewhere totally different climate wise it wouldn't be within the United States. Sweden, Switzerland, Luxembourg or Austria. Maybe some other Scandinavian country that doesn't shove those nose in everyone's shit.

Was in Seattle few months ago. Cost of living is trash there too and going up. Stayed at a friends small condo while we were there and they have to move out in a few months due to the place going up for sale for 600k starting :o

Agreed on moving out the US if I were to move anywhere else.

My wife and I will have some type of vacation property down south. It is still up in the air where, we have to see where kids end up. If they stay in Ohio after college, Folley Beach, South Carolina will be the vacation home.

My wife and I will have some type of vacation property down south. It is still up in the air where, we have to see where kids end up. If they stay in Ohio after college, Folley Beach, South Carolina will be the vacation home.

Still haven't been sold on this. You can pay for a lot of weeks with the cost of a home/upkeep. Unless it's an investment or you plan to spend months there.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Your current house is a vacation house!

Preferably somewhere in the Charleston, SC vicinity. Although I have been researching places in NC as well. I have become very fond of Asheville. There are a few other small towns just north of Charlotte that I've been to in the past that I liked too. One being Cornelius, but it has been about a decade since I was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having said that, it would be nice to able to get an excellent pizza, about the best you can do here is the national chains.

Does that go for NC too?

Me and my Family have been hardcore Midwest Pizza Aficionados for years. Have long discussed opening up a Joint with our homemade recipe.

If what you say is true I could see myself moving down there in 10-ish years.

Also Texas heat and AZ heat negates the loss of Humidity. But i supposr most shops there would be air conditioned.

It's humid in TX. DFW, San An, Houston is the worst. You have to swim through the air there. Humidity here is going to be 60-70's% For the next two weeks. It's a rare occasion when we get into the 30's-40's. On the rare occasion that you do get a day where it's 30-45% humidity, it's nice; bit it's not often.