College Football Thread 2016/2017 v2.0

Zx2guy19

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JT is competent when he has a legit play caller. MORE than competent. It's not JT's fault. Makes me LOL when folks blame him. :lol:

JT Barrett:

Comp - 233

Att - 379

Yards - 2555

Comp % - 61.5%

YPA - 6.74

Long - 79

TD - 24

INT - 7

Sack - 27

RAT - 135.3

RAW QBR - 56.2

ADJ QBR - 98.0

Jalen Hurts:

Comp - 227

Att - 351

Yards - 2649

Comp % - 64.7%

YPA - 7.55

Long - 71

TD - 22

INT - 9

Sack - 19

RAT - 143.6

RAW QBR - 64.2

ADJ QBR - 72.7

It's not like Hurts is God's gift to football. You yourself said, in the post I edited, JT didn't have the best coaching or line, yet he put up fairly similar stats. :dumb:

I guess you missed the games where he couldn't hit a receiver further than 10 yards past the line of scrimmage... ALL SEASON. I'd fucking hope any D1 QB could complete over 60% of his passes and have a decent passer rating when 80% of your passes are bubble screens and those little 1 yard flip things we love to run. You're right, barrett didn't have a great opportunity to succeed this year but he looked like garbage when he had plays available for him to make. He missed so many wide open receivers that would have been walk in TDs. I hope Kevin Wilson can bring the freshmen back into Barrett because I've never seen a QB regress like him from his outstanding freshmen year.

But that means we know he can do it. Not being able to trust your receivers and a turnstyle right tackle will play mind games with any QB. Wilson like crossing routes and timing routes to go along with a power run play action game. I think JT looks like 2014 JT. Plus Ryan Day did good work with Bradford and Kaepernick.

I guess you missed the games where he couldn't hit a receiver further than 10 yards past the line of scrimmage... ALL SEASON. I'd fucking hope any D1 QB could complete over 60% of his passes and have a decent passer rating when 80% of your passes are bubble screens and those little 1 yard flip things we love to run. You're right, barrett didn't have a great opportunity to succeed this year but he looked like garbage when he had plays available for him to make. He missed so many wide open receivers that would have been walk in TDs. I hope Kevin Wilson can bring the freshmen back into Barrett because I've never seen a QB regress like him from his outstanding freshmen year.

1) It's not like he had the stellar WR's this year as he did in previous seasons.

2) 11-2. He must not have been too fuckin' bad.

But that means we know he can do it. Not being able to trust your receivers and a turnstyle right tackle will play mind games with any QB. Wilson like crossing routes and timing routes to go along with a power run play action game. I think JT looks like 2014 JT. Plus Ryan Day did good work with Bradford and Kaepernick.

^ Gets it.

One other thing is that when Barrett did hit guys with good throws they dropped the damn ball. It was a team effort on offense to look mediocre in the passing game.

^ Gets it.

Wilson for OC was a fantastic hire

Agreed.

Great game. Sucks Bama lost but Clemson played a hell of a game tonight.

They have what, 4 in 8 seasons? Could have easily had the 5th tonight. No reason to be down on how they played. Hats off to "your" team. Seriously. They were a very good team no doubt about it.

One other thought. I wonder how badly Bama's D would have shit on us this year....wow. Here's to hoping we get a Bama OSU title game next year.

1) It's not like he had the stellar WR's this year as he did in previous seasons.

2) 11-2. He must not have been too fuckin' bad.

Thank the defense for that 11-2 record. Trust me, I want Barrett to be as good as anyone next year because I know he is a big factor in whether or not we are successful, but to not acknowledge his faults and just make an excuse for why he didn't have a good year is laughable. You sound like one of those Ohio State fans I was referring to in an earlier post. I watched Barrett have guys WIDE OPEN streaking down the field ALL SEASON only to under-throw them by 10 yards with the best case scenario being the receiver has to come to a complete stop and the defender runs into him and causes a PI. What's your excuse for that? And don't even get me started on bad weather games. Last year we watched Barrett get completely outplayed by a freshmen quarterback at MSU that had never started a game while Barrett looked like he should still be in High School. Are coaches to blame? YES. Are receivers to blame? YES. Is the offensive line to blame? YES. Is Barrett to blame? YES. I don't understand how you cannot acknowledge bad play when it happens.

Not only did he underthrow 80% of his long balls, after an overthrow or 3, he'd launch one 10 yards LONG. His receivers weren't doing him any favors though.

He needs some serious work over the off season to get him to where we all/he wants to be.

Damn, what a game. Fell asleep at half time and woke up with 6 minutes to go in the 4th. Clemson looked amazing to close out that game. It really doesn't get much more exciting than a "final" play with 6 seconds left. An instant classic in my book.

As far as JT:

The guy has it in him, but he had a terrible season. I think he'll have a bounce back year. He has a great football IQ but wasn't helped by shitty receivers, O-line and terrible play calling. BUT, there were a number of times it was 100% on JT. Welcome to college football. He's still the starting QB in my mind.

The guy has it in him, but he had a terrible season. I think he'll have a bounce back year. He has a great football IQ but wasn't helped by shitty receivers, O-line and terrible play calling. BUT, there were a number of times it was 100% on JT. Welcome to college football. He's still the starting QB in my mind.

My thoughts exactly. Get him comfortable in the pocket, rhythm passing game, work on his footwork, receivers who are better, he will be back to form

If JT does not start nailing the long ball no one will respect it and they will crowd the box. For example, he HAS to hit that pass to Ben Victor against Clemson - he was behind the defense. I do understand though, maybe he does not trust the WR to get open and has to hold the ball until they are actually open. By then they are either too deep or we get a sack.

I think Kevin Wilson will bring out the best in JT. He runs a fast paced, pro style attack which should make JT comfortable. I'm hoping JT can have a big bounce back year and bring OSU back to the promise land.

I like out 2017 team but I REALLY like our 2018 team. We will compete for a B1G title/National Title next year but I think 2018 we will be the best team in the country without a doubt. I think realistic expectations next year should be to win the B1G and win a playoff game.

I think Kevin Wilson will bring out the best in JT. He runs a fast paced, pro style attack which should make JT comfortable. I'm hoping JT can have a big bounce back year and bring OSU back to the promise land.

I like out 2017 team but I REALLY like our 2018 team. We will compete for a B1G title/National Title next year but I think 2018 we will be the best team in the country without a doubt. I think realistic expectations next year should be to win the B1G and win a playoff game.

I hope you are right but you would be breaking in a new QB. Next year is probably our best opportunity.

Damn, I still can't believe we got shut out. Clemson was a great team, but as a buckeye fan of 26 years, I don't remember ever feeling so "hopeless" lol.

Yeah it was hard to watch but proved that we had no business being there. If I remember right, Urban kept saying during media day and before the game "We're a very young team." Almost as if he knew what was coming and was making an excuse before it happened. The stage was too big for our guys this year, but now that they've been there and know what it's like to get humiliated on the biggest stage, they'll be ready next year.

This years Clemson team was very similar in a lot of ways to last years Ohio State team talent wise across the board. The only difference is that last year (2015 team) we lost a contender while Clemson lost to a non-contender. It seems backwards that things worked out like that because I still think Ohio State was the best team in college football in 2015, we just didn't get to prove it because of a fluke. What college football has told us is that it's better to lose to a non-contender in your conference or just lose out of your conference than lose to a contender because chances are that contender will take your spot. So next year if OSU loses I hope it's to Indiana or something.