College Football Thread 2016/2017 v2.0

Zx2guy19

ESPN's Way Too Early Top 25

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18395211/alabama-crimson-tide-florida-state-seminoles-headline-way-too-early-top-25-2017

1) Alabama

2) Florida State

3) USC

4) Penn State

5) Clemson

6) Ohio State

7) Oklahoma State

8) Washington

9) Wisconsin

10) Oklahoma

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised Michigan isn't somewhere in there.

They're 12th. Michigan returns next to nothing. Although Harbaugh will finally be coaching "his" guys (recruits) so you never know they could be right up there by the end of the year. I think Michigan is a team that will get better and better as the year goes on next year. They play Florida early which will be a tough game for them, but I think we will see a different Michigan team in THE GAME than we do early in the season.

Just think if MSU pulls their head out of their ass how fucking insane the B1G East will be next year. Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State and MSU all contending. That would be right up there or better than the SECw during their prime.

Thank the defense for that 11-2 record. Trust me, I want Barrett to be as good as anyone next year because I know he is a big factor in whether or not we are successful, but to not acknowledge his faults and just make an excuse for why he didn't have a good year is laughable. You sound like one of those Ohio State fans I was referring to in an earlier post. I watched Barrett have guys WIDE OPEN streaking down the field ALL SEASON only to under-throw them by 10 yards with the best case scenario being the receiver has to come to a complete stop and the defender runs into him and causes a PI. What's your excuse for that? And don't even get me started on bad weather games. Last year we watched Barrett get completely outplayed by a freshmen quarterback at MSU that had never started a game while Barrett looked like he should still be in High School. Are coaches to blame? YES. Are receivers to blame? YES. Is the offensive line to blame? YES. Is Barrett to blame? YES. I don't understand how you cannot acknowledge bad play when it happens.

*facepalm*

Where did I say JT never screwed the pooch? :lol: Look back. All I said was it's not like he's a garbage QB like Bellisari was and that there were other factors that came into play, which you just reiterated.

He DEFINITELY missed some throws, but your original comment was:

you mean Bama actually has a...competent quarterback...?

I simply posted his stats in relation to Hurts, the QB of who has been perceived as the best team all season, proving that he's competent. Not perfect. Competent. It's quite simple really.

Not only did he underthrow 80% of his long balls, after an overthrow or 3, he'd launch one 10 yards LONG. His receivers weren't doing him any favors though.

He needs some serious work over the off season to get him to where we all/he wants to be.

Agreed. I look for the new staff and the off season to help him a bit.

As for the game last night, I fell asleep. All I will say is it's so great every time 'Bama gets beat on a big stage regardless of who deals the L to them.

Go Bucks.

Glad Clemson won. I was really wrong about them.

Brandon is spot on - don't lose to a contender; paradoxically, it kills your chances by virtue of always being one place ahead of you in line for playoff. And Ohio State was best team in 2015. But you shit the bed at the wrong time and then you get to sleep in it.

Any indications why? That's a big loss considering where our receiver core stands.

Rumor is there are concerns about his injury and the staff wanted to redshirt him and he feels like he can play

Latest on Lindsey is that this was 100% unexpected by Ohio State. Tate Martell didn't even know until Lindsey announced it on Twitter at 2am (Lindsey lived with Martell for a while)

Marshon Lattimore declared for the draft today, OSU will again be replacing 3 starters in the secondary. They did just pick up a commit from the #1 JUCO DB Kendell Sheffield who happens to be a former Alabama player. Many expect him to come in, start next year and be gone to the NFL afterwards. I think we as OSU fans had better prepare to see guys at OSU for a very short time before they head to the league. I know it's been common at times in the past, but I really feel it's about to become so normal that we won't really know a guy for more than a year, ala Malik Hooker.

Latest on Lindsey is that this was 100% unexpected by Ohio State. Tate Martell didn't even know until Lindsey announced it on Twitter at 2am (Lindsey lived with Martell for a while)

Martell does not seem very happy about his decision either. I really hope OSU lands Harris out of Ohio as the next WR in this class. Recruiting is such a crazy roller coaster ride.

Marshon Lattimore declared for the draft today, OSU will again be replacing 3 starters in the secondary. They did just pick up a commit from the #1 JUCO DB Kendell Sheffield who happens to be a former Alabama player. Many expect him to come in, start next year and be gone to the NFL afterwards. I think we as OSU fans had better prepare to see guys at OSU for a very short time before they head to the league. I know it's been common at times in the past, but I really feel it's about to become so normal that we won't really know a guy for more than a year, ala Malik Hooker.

Alabama fans have been saying that Sheffield is damn good, and is a enforcer type corner. Apparently his dad is an asshole though, and kind of got him run out of Alabama.

• 3 weeks later...