Need a Fun Car

BStowers023

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter what it seems you should hold on to the TL. Because winter. Sure a Vette can do it. I drove a Foxbody for years in it....Not worth the risk. We arent 17 anymore.

Yeah, I mean there is a chance I buy another car and keep my TL, it's just if I get it through a dealership then it would be hard to not trade my TL so I don't have to deal with the hassle of selling it later. I hate selling cars...

This is why I said Audi or BMW awd mid 12 second car with easy mods that normally would still even keep a factory warranty ( I say normally because at 15 you will probably be buying one out of warranty already) and can easily drive all year round

I think I'm really leaning towards a C5 now. I've been looking at some FRC's and Z06's. I am done with college next week and I've always said when I get established, I'm going to buy a Corvette. I kinda look at it as a present to myself. I just don't think I will be happy until I own one. I tried to settle with a Wrangler and I think if I bought anything else I'd be doing just that, settling. I'm not 100% certain I will buy one, but I'm really leaning that way.

Call that dealership I posted. I bet you can get that FRC for a good price. It's sat all summer and it's almost winter so I'm sure he is ready to move it.

Yeah I will. I have a buddy down on the Gulf Coast where I used to live who buys auction cars for cheap and can have another one of my buddies down there build it to spec, have the engine torn apart and gone through and install whatever I want and include it all in the price of the sale which is what I'm considering doing.

I know cars from the auction are frowned upon, but if I can get a c5z for $10-12k and have my buddy tear it down and do a cam and full bolt ons for an extra $3-5k it'd be hard not to go that route. I just don't have the resources or know-how to do all the work myself and his labor rates about about 4 times as cheap as any shop up here will charge.

Watch out for flood-damaged cars.

The used market makes me nervous, after all the storms/flooding from earlier this year (OH/KY/WV, Southeast, west of the Rockies)

Yeah, the guy that I know is very good at picking out clean/good cars at auctions. I know some things are hard to see, but if anyone can pick out a bad egg, I know he can. Plus, the car will be gone through and everything and if it's junk he buys the protection package and he can give it back to the auction. I still am considering buying one myself from a dealer near by or a private seller near by, just depends what I hear back from my buddy.