Ruth Chris Steak House

ODoyle

How is it?

Are there better places to spend my money for an anniversary?

Wanting a nice upscale steakhouse. Went to Texas De Brazil last year and thought is was good. Looking for something new this year.

LET ME KNOW YOUR OPINIONS!

The Top will be the next one I try. Wife and I have done Smith and Wollensky the last 4 years. Last year was the worst steak I've ever had anywhere......including Golden Corral. Shitty steak and it'll be my last Smith and Wollensky steak.

The Top is awesome. Eddies is fantastic. Hudson 29 certainly doesn't suck. I love Hyde Park. And if you want a casual but fantastic experience you cannot go wrong with the rock filet at the Elevator. You really cannot go wrong with any of these options.

Good Luck!

-Marc

The Top is awesome. Eddies is fantastic. Hudson 29 certainly doesn't suck. I love Hyde Park. And if you want a casual but fantastic experience you cannot go wrong with the rock filet at the Elevator. You really cannot go wrong with any of these options.

Good Luck!

-Marc

x2

I read Ruth chris bought Mitchell's steakhouse and fish market in 2008 for $92 million then sold them in 2014 for $10 million. Holy shit that's a terrible loss.

this is a pretty good analysis of the deal:

http://nrn.com/blog/why-did-ruths-sell-mitchells-so-little

My wife used to work for Ruth's Chris Corporate when we lived in New Orleans. It was an ok company to work for but she hated her manager. Still got to eat a ton of free steak though. In terms of the national chain steakhouses I would rank it higher than Smith and Wollensky and The Capital Grille in most locations (but not Cbus since they closed), but not higher than other chains.

A lot of solid suggestions in here food wise so I don't have much to add.

Can I ask though - is anybody else bothered by Elevator's Decor? The awful two tone green carpet and that leftover 1980's booth fabric kinda bothers me for how "high end" the menu seems to be. The bar area, private booths, and pool table area all are great - it's just that general dining room that reminds me of a dentists waiting room circa 1987.

this is a pretty good analysis of the deal:

http://nrn.com/blog/why-did-ruths-sell-mitchells-so-little

My wife used to work for Ruth's Chris Corporate when we lived in New Orleans. It was an ok company to work for but she hated her manager. Still got to eat a ton of free steak though. In terms of the national chain steakhouses I would rank it higher than Smith and Wollensky and The Capital Grille in most locations (but not Cbus since they closed), but not higher than other chains.

A lot of solid suggestions in here food wise so I don't have much to add.

Can I ask though - is anybody else bothered by Elevator's Decor? The awful two tone green carpet and that leftover 1980's booth fabric kinda bothers me for how "high end" the menu seems to be. The bar area, private booths, and pool table area all are great - it's just that general dining room that reminds me of a dentists waiting room circa 1987.

ebitda of 1 million wolf! :dumb: thats an insane amount of work to clear a mil.

I didnt enjoy Hyde Park. The steak I got really didnt blow me away and I was not too stoked about ordering sides on the side. I like it when they have it all plated, chefs choice lol. Give me a full dish with sides/sauces/ect that compliment each other.

I think the Refectory food was good, but I hated the actual place. Huge cathedral...cold, musty, lit pretty brightly if I recall, and just totally full of old people lol

Eddies was superb as well, but again...the place looks like a Holiday Inn. I guess I just like unique, dimmer places for date nights.