1999 Speedway White FRC Corvette

BStowers023

So I finally got around to buying my childhood dream car. Like the title states, it's a 1999 Corvette FRC. I went up to Port Huron, Michigan to buy it. The owner of it owns Huron Speed who fabricates and sells turbo kits for LS Motors. Great guy and he's taken great care of the car as you can see in the pictures. This is honestly one of if not the cleanest C5 I've come across. The underbody, engine bay and interior is near perfect. I don't plan on really racing it, more just to cruise in, go to meets/shows and maybe get on it a little every once and a while, but I likely won't turn down a race, so don't tempt me please :p

Here are the mods:

Torquer V2 Cam

Ported 5.3 heads

Monster Twin Disc Clutch

LG G2 Shocks and Coilovers

LS6 Intake

CAI

Twin fuel Pumps - LPE in tank and a Magnafuel 4103 Pump that isn't hooked up but installed.

XS Power Longtubes w/X-pipe

Mangaflow Catback

Z06 Wheels

Z06 Seats

Nitrous Express Direct Port Kit w/twin bottles

The car is essentially complete for what I want, but there are a few additions I'd like to make. It has a fuel system set up for BIG power, except the injectors, so I'd like to get some 39-48lb injectors. Upgrade the rear end gears to something like a 3.90 and probably do a re-tune.

Questions for LS guys...

Roughly how much power can stock 99 injectors hold?

Best place in Columbus to get a dyno tune?

How much of a bitch is it to change the gears?

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a439/bolton4valve/Vette2.jpg

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a439/bolton4valve/Vette.jpg

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a439/bolton4valve/Vette%20Rear.jpg

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a439/bolton4valve/Vette%20Interior.jpg

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a439/bolton4valve/Vette%20Engine%20Bay.jpg

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a439/bolton4valve/Vette%20Underbody.jpg

Nice pick up, little confused why such a big name in turbo kits puts soray on the car instead,

And iirc your factory size injector is about 26.5lbs and base pressure. What plans do you have for "big" poet because right now you probably don't need anything larger than stock and if you want to make real power 48lb won't get it done

Well best place for a dyno tune is a matter of opinion but you can't go wrong with Brian at Dynotune. The gears are not simple, looked into doing to mine and I'd rather exchange the unit with RPM or someone like that to change gear ratio. I'm not sure what the stock 99 injectors are but all LS1 injectors are close so right around 400 wheel is pushing them.

That's a nice looking car, nice white over black interior is not easy to find, love the FRC.

So clean. The tires look a little strange...whats up with that?

Yeah, it needs new/bigger rear tires to make the stance look a little better. Just haven't decided if I want to keep this wheel setup or go to like a CCW.

Nice pick up, little confused why such a big name in turbo kits puts soray on the car instead,

And iirc your factory size injector is about 26.5lbs and base pressure. What plans do you have for "big" poet because right now you probably don't need anything larger than stock and if you want to make real power 48lb won't get it done

So he bought the car to fab up twin kits and intended to use this as a show car but I guess he's gotta free up some money for some other projects. The motor was actually taken out and they put a 427 in it and fabbed up a kit for it, hence the big fuel system and re-location of a lot of parts. The car pretty much sat in the garage and wasn't tested on the street (so he says). He seemed like a really nice guy, and the car seems to be in good shape, so I believe him.

Well best place for a dyno tune is a matter of opinion but you can't go wrong with Brian at Dynotune. The gears are not simple, looked into doing to mine and I'd rather exchange the unit with RPM or someone like that to change gear ratio. I'm not sure what the stock 99 injectors are but all LS1 injectors are close so right around 400 wheel is pushing them.

That's a nice looking car, nice white over black interior is not easy to find, love the FRC.

I've heard good things about Brian so I'll probably get in contact with him. The car has a dyno sheet making 404whp but it's from 09 so it's a little out of date, plus has some new parts. I don't want to spray the house down, but I'd like to run a 100-150 shot every once and a while so it seems like bigger injectors will be a must.

Was curious as to how many of these are actually out there. From my research, I guess there were only 311 White FRC's made in 1999 and another 315 in 2000. In 2001 there were 352 speedway white z06's produced. So in total there are under 1000 white FRC C5's out there. I'm sure a lot less than that now since they've been around over 15 years. Pretty crazy!

Yeah, it needs new/bigger rear tires to make the stance look a little better. Just haven't decided if I want to keep this wheel setup or go to like a CCW.

So he bought the car to fab up twin kits and intended to use this as a show car but I guess he's gotta free up some money for some other projects. The motor was actually taken out and they put a 427 in it and fabbed up a kit for it, hence the big fuel system and re-location of a lot of parts. The car pretty much sat in the garage and wasn't tested on the street (so he says). He seemed like a really nice guy, and the car seems to be in good shape, so I believe him.

I've heard good things about Brian so I'll probably get in contact with him. The car has a dyno sheet making 404whp but it's from 09 so it's a little out of date, plus has some new parts. I don't want to spray the house down, but I'd like to run a 100-150 shot every once and a while so it seems like bigger injectors will be a must.

If it's a wet nitrous kit you don't need injectors. The extra fuel is sprayed through that. So since it has the supporting pump and such it should be good.

Good purchase. I almost scooped this one up myself.

Did you see it on Tech? I got into contact with him about 8 hours after he posted it and put a deposit on it the next day. I was about to send a check to a dealership in NJ for a silver z06 they had and I told myself that I was for sure going to buy it UNLESS I came across a white FRC or z06 and sure enough the next day I found this one lol.

If it's a wet nitrous kit you don't need injectors. The extra fuel is sprayed through that. So since it has the supporting pump and such it should be good.

Yeah, I guess it will depend on how it does on the dyno and what % duty cycle those are running at. I don't want to push them too much and I don't really want to hold the car back.

Was curious as to how many of these are actually out there. From my research, I guess there were only 311 White FRC's made in 1999 and another 315 in 2000. In 2001 there were 352 speedway white z06's produced. So in total there are under 1000 white FRC C5's out there. I'm sure a lot less than that now since they've been around over 15 years. Pretty crazy!

Even more rare if you get the speedway white z06 with the mod red interior.