Moving "Downtown"- Help

Zx2guy19

This house has been a cluster fuck for the last 30 days. Literally everything that could go wrong, has.

Trying to sell 2 houses and buy 1 was not a smart idea, but it was my only option. The appraisal on the house came in at 290k and I was in contract for $332.5k. After some cock massaging by my real estate agent, we got the sellers down to $300k (I pay 10k out of pocket, they dropped 32.5k). The house is worth 340k, despite what an appraisal says.

Next, a variance was found on the property during the appraisal. Basically, the City of Columbus has no fucking idea there is a second house on the property. So, if it burns down, I can't rebuild it. Ultimately, I'll get it taken care of once I get possession, but this has caused the bank to now want 30% down ($98k fucking dollars).

For what it's worth, Marc (AngryBMW) has been incredible through this process. Not a giant fan of the bank and their dictorial ways, but that's what happens when you use a small bank that doesn't have the corporate structure of a Huntington, Chase, etc. They are also one of probably 3 banks in Ohio that would finance this type of deal, and they know that.

As of now, closing for all 3 houses is looking like it'll be Feb 28th. If not, I'm walking away from this deal and the sellers can fuck off.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like it's easier to pay cash lol

Yeah, I'll just whip out the 300k I carry around with me like a boss lol. I wish!

Damn that sucks, if you walk away now would you lose anything?

Ernest money at the very least

I actually wouldn't lose my earnest money ($2500) because this is all due to them failing to disclose the zoning variance on the property. It'll just be a pain in the dick to have to find a new house.

Latest update: It appears that the people buying my house aren't willing to move the date. So, I'll have to put all my stuff in a storage unit for 3 fucking days and stay with my girlfriend. I have until the 25th to get my stuff out of my current house and can't close on the new house until the 28th. Unbelievable.

Trying to sell 2 houses and buy 1 was not a smart idea, but it was my only option. The appraisal on the house came in at 290k and I was in contract for $332.5k. After some cock massaging by my real estate agent, we got the sellers down to $300k (I pay 10k out of pocket, they dropped 32.5k). The house is worth 340k, despite what an appraisal says.

This is happening a lot right now with how high the asking prices are even compared to last year. Appraisers aren't able to justify the price with available comps. If this were to go for sale mid-summer more higher priced comps will be available then.

Yeah, I'll just whip out the 300k I carry around with me like a boss lol. I wish!

I actually wouldn't lose my earnest money ($2500) because this is all due to them failing to disclose the zoning variance on the property. It'll just be a pain in the dick to have to find a new house.

Latest update: It appears that the people buying my house aren't willing to move the date. So, I'll have to put all my stuff in a storage unit for 3 fucking days and stay with my girlfriend. I have until the 25th to get my stuff out of my current house and can't close on the new house until the 28th. Unbelievable.

Pod?

dang, that's not cool but congrats on the sale! Consider just renting a large uhaul for those days to avoid the extra loading and unloading?

Ya this is what I'd do, rent commercial.

Other option is to tell the people buying your house that if they don't move the date you aren't coming to closing, make them call your bluff.

dang, that's not cool but congrats on the sale! Consider just renting a large uhaul for those days to avoid the extra loading and unloading?

Not a bad idea, however 6 days is awhile to rent a U-Haul and I'm not even renting one for the initial move to the storage unit. I only have 8-10 heavy items to move and a lot of it will stay in storage anyway because I don't have a garage at my new place (tools, etc.).

Pod?

Expensive. Very expensive, and small. 2 garages are only $130 a month total. I'll be keeping 1 after all this is done anyway.

Ya this is what I'd do, rent commercial.

Other option is to tell the people buying your house that if they don't move the date you aren't coming to closing, make them call your bluff.

I did lol. They told me it was great working with me. :dumb:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this bitch closed last night. FINALLY. Met the sellers at closing and they were awesome- they have lots of extra material left that they're going to give me since they know I do rehabs. Also, I'm excited because they just bought the house directly across the street, so that'll help raise values on my street.

I have spent the last two weekends moving stuff out of my old house and into a storage unit, so I said fuck it and got movers for this weekend. It was only $300 and well worth not having to carry that washer and dryer down the basement. That alone is worth $300 to me.

Well, this bitch closed last night. FINALLY. Met the sellers at closing and they were awesome- they have lots of extra material left that they're going to give me since they know I do rehabs. Also, I'm excited because they just bought the house directly across the street, so that'll help raise values on my street.

I have spent the last two weekends moving stuff out of my old house and into a storage unit, so I said fuck it and got movers for this weekend. It was only $300 and well worth not having to carry that washer and dryer down the basement. That alone is worth $300 to me.

It closed! :lol: Celebratory beers are in order asap!

And yeah...$300 for movers is a steal. Like we discussed yesterday, I will never move without them again!

Congratulations again and thanks for allowing me to help!

-Marc

Congratulations, Brad!

$300 for movers??? That's really cheap!

Groupon lol

It closed! :lol: Celebratory beers are in order asap!

And yeah...$300 for movers is a steal. Like we discussed yesterday, I will never move without them again!

Congratulations again and thanks for allowing me to help!

-Marc

Thanks for all the support Marc. I know this had to be one of your more challenging deals, but you stuck with me the whole time. Looking forward to a smoother one next time!

Thanks for all the support Marc. I know this had to be one of your more challenging deals, but you stuck with me the whole time. Looking forward to a smoother one next time!

I can tell you, there is a way more handsome, smarter, and sexier guy on this board who is probably a more challenging R/E deal for Marc to do than yours. ;)

Congrats! We may be looking for a real estate investment, do you feel like the area will be steadily coming up?

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Yeah, but you may have missed the boat on OTE. Most distressed properties are selling for a premium right now. I paid top dollar for my house which I almost never do, but to get into the area, I had to.

Look at Kings-Lincoln. That's supposedly the "next one".