What a find - 34yrs in a barn

TTQ B4U

Would be cool to have something this clean to bring back to life. Not easy, especially with the mechanicals, but low miles would still make it a lot easier than finding one at deaths door prior to sitting.

BMW M1 found after 34 years in Italian garage

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1108067_bmw-m1-found-after-34-years-in-italian-garage

Really wouldn't be that bad, looks to be in good shape. Mechanically not hard to get it going again, just taking the time to.

You'd be suprised, I've ownered a couple barn finds (not as good of condition as the M1), usually someone not mechanically inclined as the owner and the car needing something simple that never got done, 10/20/30 years later... still setting.....

Had a friend beg for years for a 70 Cuda that sat in a guys yard, 20 years later guy finally wanted to let it go. Car had rotted so bad it tore almost in half trying to load it :( Could have been saved.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Most all the parts for this should still be available. It would be a pain to get them (if the car was here) because of the BS BMW makes you go through to get non-US parts. I just helped a guy get the gaskets to do a reseal on his M1 engine. Hopefully in Italy its easier to get parts for a German car. Cool cars, nothing I lust after though.