new guy knows nothing.....this should be fun!!

Fbodyfreshman614

Starting a project real soon. Heard a lot about this forum so I wanted to soak up some info from more knowledgeable people. I don't know much so I need all the help I can get. Also wanted to see whats out there around me on the east side. Thanks for having me......I look forward to learning everything I can. The project...........

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u367/fbodyfreshman614/IMG_0062_zpsoock80tq.jpg

:mod fixed your pic:

Thanks for the welcoming. The car is actually a roller. Used to be sbc on juice. But as of now it's a blank canvas. Actually just got it a few days ago. My heart says bb but my pockets say sb. Still fighting with myself about it. It has frame ties, 3.73 10 bolt rear, and all super clean and stock interior. Other then those few things it's pretty much stock. Oh and aluminum radiator. Basically nothing usable for the bb ( says the right pocket). But then I think why not just take my time and go bb. One of the reasons I wanted to join this forum was for help on the decision. I know this conversation is played out. But the point is to make up my mind and stick to it. What do you guys think?

From recent builds locally, as well as a lot of YouToobin' I've been up to with this stupid cold...I would unfortunately suggest an LS-swap, unless you already have a lot of the pieces you need for the SBC. Figure you'll be $3k into a decent CL/eBay Chevy 350/383 build, with a lot of work...and you'll be happy if you're pushing 400-425hp. LS swap will ensure power, reliability, and some economy with the guarantee of aftermarket parts for the next 25 years.

If there's no tranny in your roller, even more reason to get an LS/4L60 take out from a dismantler. Start from there and use bolt-ons as your budget affords to build power.

How is the fuel system set up? Electric pump-in-tank? If you're looking to keep it as simple, carb'd as you can get it just to do some track days, go cruising, and have fun without throwing a bunch of dough at it, just get a 383 stroker (if possible) that someone's getting rid of.

Not opposed to the ls. Just not too familiar with them. I have looked into ls swaps a little as well as 383 str. I've pretty much scratched the 383. Definitely want more ci. And you're also one of the many that have suggested the ls. Maybe I should spend more time researching the ls and not so much on cr lol

Yea no tranny. Can't lie it sounds enticing. I'll look into cost and see how it matches my budget. I appreciate your time and input. Not Brian I love the car to death. That's why I wanna do right by it. Just wanna decide and go. It's bugging me to death. Thanks guys

Nice looking car, I had a 92 rs when I joined here (305/5 speed car, was a ton of slow fun). I also recommend a ls swap. You would be in it for less than a big block and be capable of making pretty good numbers on a stock motor. Check out http://www.car-part.com for a motor, you should be able to get one shipped pretty cheap (you may even be able to source a complete motor/trans/ecm all in one shot).

• Casper unlocked this topic