Dodge Challenger Demon

Mallard

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next video so what's the 13.5 = 575 @ 500. Maybe Boost,torque,RPMs?

Dodge Resurrects the Demon: Teaser Video No. 7 – ‘Third Law’

"Third Law,” the seventh video in the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon pre-reveal teaser campaign, launches today

Fans should visit http://www.ifyouknowyouknow.com for weekly updates, to download sharable content and for a countdown to its reveal

Dodge’s new ultimate performance halo to be unveiled during 2017 New York International Auto Show week

Use hashtag #DodgeDemon to be a part of the next chapter in the Dodge performance story

February 23, 2017 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat’s supercharged HEMI® produces all the power required to run quicker and faster quarter-mile ETs than its balanced suspension and tuning enable. This is because, as extreme as the Challenger SRT Hellcat is, it was always intended to strike that perfect balance between drag strip brute force, road course competence and street car civility. Anyone who has driven a Hellcat will attest that it has an incredible “personality bandwidth,” depending on how a driver configures the power level, suspension, transmission, traction and stability controls. It truly is the ultimate “do everything” muscle car.

The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon, however, has a different mission. Designed to be highly competent in all drive modes and configurations, the SRT Demon is made to absolutely dominate in Drag Mode. In the coming weeks, Dodge will share more of the Drag Mode attributes. But this week, the focus is on how Drag Mode, in combination with the SRT Demon’s all-new suspension, maximizes weight transfer, traction and control … because burnouts are fun, but they don’t win races.

The “old school” solution was pretty simple – get the quickest reacting springs upfront, the softest rebound front shocks that wouldn’t restrict the springs' reaction, remove any restrictions (sway bar) and increase the compression of the rear shocks. This combination resulted in extremely efficient weight transfer, but provided minimal lateral stability in the event that directional corrections were required.

The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon combines the best of both mechanical and electronic tuning to deliver maximum launch force while still maintaining precision directional control. The SRT Demon is the first-ever factory production car with mechanical/electronic drag-race-specific suspension tuning.

The “Third Law” teaser video, released February 23, helps illustrate the benefit of the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon’s new Drag Mode mechanical/electronic suspension tuning.

Hardware:

35 percent lower rate front springs/28 percent lower rate rear springs

75 percent lower rate hollow front sway bar/44 percent lower rate rear sway bar

Drag-tuned Bilstein Adaptive Damping Shocks

Software:

Rear = F/F and Front = F/S

F/F – F/S maintained @ wide open throttle (WOT)

F/F – F/F < WOT

Traction control disabled/ESC maintained

Result:

13.5=575@500

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

There are drag radials on the front and rear. Hmmmm

Yea, they already explained that it was built so that when you buy the crate with the car, you have two sets of drag radials. The crate has two skinnies inside it, so at the track you swap the fronts and have 4 tires to rotate on the rear.

Yea, they already explained that it was built so that when you buy the crate with the car, you have two sets of drag radials. The crate has two skinnies inside it, so at the track you swap the fronts and have 4 tires to rotate on the rear.

So if you don't buy the crate, what tires do they put on the front?

Debate we are having at work and I can't seem to find a straight answer... Is it going to be AWD? I read a thing on Jalopnic? that said maybe. Has there been any confirmation on that?

If so I would love to see that in the charger platform, maybe bring back the daytona again, but better.

Debate we are having at work and I can't seem to find a straight answer... Is it going to be AWD? I read a thing on Jalopnic? that said maybe. Has there been any confirmation on that?

If so I would love to see that in the charger platform, maybe bring back the daytona again, but better.

For the 1000th time, IT'S NOT AWD!

And this week's reveal:

This week, the newest Challenger SRT Demon teaser, “Race-hardened Parts,” unveiled March 2 at http://www.ifyouknowyouknow.com, explains how the Demon's driveline is upgraded to handle these increased loads.

Compared with the Challenger Hellcat, critical driveline updates include:

Upgraded prop shaft increases torque capacity by 15 percent: Accomplished through the use of high-strength steel, a 20-percent increase in tube thickness and heat treated stub-shafts.

Upgraded differential housing, with 30 percent increased torque capacity: Accomplished through the use of heat-treated A383 aluminum alloy and a higher strength gear set material that has been shot-peened to increase durability and reduce residual stresses.

Upgraded 41-spline half shafts that deliver 20 percent increased torque capacity: Accomplished through the use of increased diameter high-strength low alloy steel and 8-ball joints that improve torque capacity while reducing operating temperatures by more than 86 degrees Fahrenheit.

Then the SRT engineers went digital to isolate and resolve one of the biggest challenges to clean launches and driveline integrity – wheel hop.

In simple terms, wheel hop happens when tires quickly slip and regain traction at launch, rapidly storing up and releasing energy in the driveline. These high torque spikes can quickly and severely damage driveline components – and up until now, the only solution was to back out of the throttle.

Not with the Challenger SRT Demon. In a first for a factory production car, the SRT Demon’s Launch Assist uses the wheel speed sensors to watch for signs that the tires are slipping/sticking. If slip is detected, the SRT Demon’s control module momentarily reduces engine torque to maximize traction almost instantly – without the driver having to lift. Launch Assist reduces loads in the driveline from wheel hop by more than 15-20 percent, dramatically reducing component damage.

And finally ... for the driver, there is a new four-point harness bar, available through Speedlogix, for use while at the track. The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon’s rear seat is deleted and mounting points are made accessible, making it easy for customers to install the bar without cutting or drilling anything in the car.

More information...

2018 Challenger SRT Demon / ADR Wide Body

- 6.2L HEMI Supercharged V-8 (More Horsepower and Torque)

- 8-Speed Auto Transmission w/ Paddle Shifters (8HP90) ONLY TRANSMISSION CHOICE

- Illuminated Air-Catcher Headlamps

- Standard Challenger Based SRT392 Rear Spoiler

- Widebody Kit (Similar To The 2015 Dodge Challenger GT AWD Concept One)

New: Drag Mode Feature On SRT Performance Page

New: Special Drag Racing Settings For Shift Points In Transmission

New: Nitto 315/40R18 Drag Radial Tires

New: 18"X11.0" Forged Aluminum Wheels

New: 3.09 Axle Ratio

New: Limited Edition numbered dash plaque

New: More than 200lbs lighter than SRT HELLCAT

New: Line Lock Feature Added

New: Upgraded Prop Shaft

New: Upgraded Differential Housing

New: Upgraded 41-Spline Half Shafts

New: Launch Assist Feature

New: Racing Fuel Feature

New: Four-Point Harness Bar Mounting Point (Bar Available Through Speedlogix)

New: 35% Lower Rate Front Springs & 28% Lower Rate Rear Springs

New: 75% Lower Rate Hollow Front Sway Bar & 44% Lower Rate Rear Sway Bar

New: Bilstein Adaptive Damping Shocks Tuned For Drag Racing

New: 18% Increase In Converter Torque Multiplication

New: 18% Increase In Rear Axle Torque Multiplication

New: More Than 35% Higher Launch Force VS SRT HELLCAT

New: 45 Sq. Inch “Air Grabber” Cold Air Intake

New: Larger Air Box, Sealed And Ducted To Hood Scoop

New: Available Cloth Seats

New: ADR Package Will Include Performance Create With Goodies

b9ff77ee159e5595b39b4dff59d8408b.jpgac6f66bc84fee587bcfe1e840548edfa.jpg

And Many Other Features Yet Discussed