The Andersons - closing

zeitgeist57

That sucks, they always had a great beer selection... anyone know of any other good places with a similar variety?

Weilands market in clintonville. Gentile's in Gview isn't huge but they have some hard-to-find stuff.

Hopslam will be out soon, got a taste of it on Sunday at Dude-A-Thon where Bell's was the feature brewer.

The Giant Eagle Market District in Grandview has a pretty good selection.

as does the one at Sawmill and Bethel.

Does suck about The Anderson's though. I really liked that store. Although I can see the mis-management of it it. They remodeled the store recently to try and compete with places like Kroger Marketplace, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc. but it never really worked. Prices were higher too. Crazy though as it was always packed on weekends. Especially so in the spring for planting season.

Sad state of the economy and definitely a testament to how online is impacting stores locally.

so where are they going to have the Oldsmobile car show come September?

Can't say they didn't see this coming. $20 million in losses over 8 consecutive years means something had to give. Still it was kind of a fun place. Now I feel bad I didn't get my xmas tree from them this year.

so where are they going to have the Oldsmobile car show come September?

Can't say they didn't see this coming. $20 million in losses over 8 consecutive years means something had to give. Still it was kind of a fun place. Now I feel bad I didn't get my xmas tree from them this year.

They always had the best snow shovel selection anywhere. Guess I'll go snag one on clearance.

Kenny Road Market kinda close to Kahoots has the best selection I've seen by far

Kenny rd is the place to go. Plenty of stores have stepped up big time with craft beer selections, but Kenny rd is still the best.

They had locations in Toledo too.....I blame Toledo, aka Michigan South.

At one time I went there a lot when I lived up in Columbus. They used to have a great fishing dept. and that went to the way side. They kinda changed their target audience I think at some point. I do want to get up there this month though because I want some frog legs and that's about the only place I know that would have them. For several years I've been threatening to smoke some frog legs and just haven't gotten around to it. I'll have to make it happen this year. :D

They just remodeled the place like a year ago. Bummer. Guess I'll have to hit up Giant Eagle on the way home for good beer now.

The former CEO LOVED having the retail stores. It was almost like a hobby. Even though the stores were losing money for years, the company was still turning a profit. The new CEO came in late last year, used the expense of the giant new headquarters and ethanol plant to show that the company was losing money as a whole, and decided that they needed to cut the retail.. Oh well.