Political Thread Of Fail And AIDS (Geeto ahead!)

BStowers023

Just for the triple

If someone held a gun to my head and made me choose if I was more R or D, it would without a doubt be R. 5-6 years ago I was a diehard R, now that I've realized that most of that party is 60+ white dudes who are so out of touch with 90% of todays issues I've chosen to get away from that and just do my own thing. Most ballots I'll pick R over D as well if I don't know the names.

If only we had a third party worth a fuck. Libertarians botched it (Mainly Gary Johnson) BAD last cycle. Lost a huge opportunity they may not get back

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the triple

If someone held a gun to my head and made me choose if I was more R or D, it would without a doubt be R. 5-6 years ago I was a diehard R, now that I've realized that most of that party is 60+ white dudes who are so out of touch with 90% of todays issues I've chosen to get away from that and just do my own thing. Most ballots I'll pick R over D as well if I don't know the names.

If only we had a third party worth a fuck. Libertarians botched it (Mainly Gary Johnson) BAD last cycle. Lost a huge opportunity they may not get back

Where have you been? When there isn't salt on the roads and that V6 or whatever challenger wants absolutely assraped shoot me a pm.

LOL yeah sure, buddy. I've heard you're the big bad wolf everyone is scared of :lolguy: Make sure you bring your handicap helmet, you'll need it ;)

Uhm, yup. I'm certain that was me.

LMK next C&C you'll be at. I'll make the trek over :)

Literally that is some shit I heard in elementary over myspace.

"YOU WONT SAY IT TO MY FACE YOU PUNK!!!"

Well my Challenger isn't a V6 and it's certainly not a race car and I've never bragged about it being one. How about this, if the roads are dry next week we can run? what do ya say? I'm calling you out so let's put up or shut up. I don't want to hear any excuses, NOT ONE. I have a running car ready to race. It's slow as fuck but it's ready to race. It's a lot nicer than that Junkyard shit box you have. My car is a hillbilly car for sure, but your shit is straight up from the trailer park out of Portsmouth hillbilly. So what do ya say, hillbilly. Wanna race next week? Remember, no excuses.

Wow...this thread took a massive left turn....

Brandon,

We've had this conversation before, but I'll say it again because it doesn't seem to be sinking in.

Nobody here really thinks you are not intelligent. It is just very frustrating to have conversations with you because you want to discuss things that you aren't that knowledgeable about, and rather than ask questions or be receptive to the conversation you double down on these bad ideas and then the insults fly. Part of the problem, I think, is that you seem to think all media is biased and because of that you seem to want to give equal weight to something you see on facebook as you would the WSJ or the New York Times. To a certain degree media is biased, but in other ways it is not - it relies on your critical thinking to evaluate each piece objectivity before you absorb it subjectively. There are published standards for journalism (each credible source will have it's own published cannon of journalism), become familiar with them and you will start to see the fake news from what the president calls fake news (but really isn't).

here are some examples:

http://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp

https://www.nytco.com/who-we-are/culture/standards-and-ethics/

I genuinely think that you should ask more questions and be more open minded toward the actual discussions. A lot of your rhetoric seems to be based not on facts but on your general hatred of a perceived stereotype of "liberal" that doesn't really have anything to do with politics. Your "manliness" is not tied to your politics - conservatives are not macho and liberals are not pussies, and supporting that lie doesn't help anybody.

Now, if you want to point out the accomplishments of the trump presidency, there have been a few, but they aren't the economy or any of the things you listed previously. In fact depending on where you stand, it's hard to call some of these things successes. But let's talk about them anyway.

Environmental Deregulation:

With Scott Pruitt at the head of the EPA, the organization has been able to do things like dismantle the clean power plan and retract the 2015 Waters of the United States Rule. Permission for new offshore drilling has been granted, and about 30 other smaller regulations have been repealed. The Keystone pipeline is back underway, and fracking on public lands may soon be available.

Considering that general "deregulation" was a specific talking point that goes back to the campaign you could say that the administration has been successful, furthermore - the Trump administration's narrative has been the environmental regulations were what was keeping us from dominance in the energy sector. If you were a libertarian, this would seem like a victory to you.

National Geographic has an excellent writeup of All the changes if you care to read them:

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/03/how-trump-is-changing-science-environment/

Justice Department revamp:

Notwithstanding Trump's recent comments on bringing in someone like Roy Cohen (Trump's once personal lawyer, and Joe McCarthy's right hand man during the witch hunt), the administration's narrative has been "tough on crime". The way it has enforced this is to strengthen the government's power of civil asset forfeiture, encouraging prosecutors to seek maximum penalties on low level drug offenses. It has also rolled back it's position against certain discriminatory voting laws, and also extensions of protections to LGBT people under current anti-discrimination laws. Technically this counts as a win since this is what the administration set out to do, whether it is actually good for the american people is another story.

Financial Deregulation:

From the beginning trump's narrative has been that financial regulation is crippling our industries. The administration has so far been able to roll back parts of the Dodd-Frank act and render the CFPB ineffective through it's recent leadership kerfuffle. Keep in mind the stuff they are "deregulating" are actual consumer protections that came out of the financial crisis. Still Deregulation was the goal and this counts.

FCC Deregulation:

Net Neutrality. 'nuff said.

So Trump has been busy, and his administration has been able to do some of the things he claimed on the campaign trail. The only question is, are they good for the American people?

Well my Challenger isn't a V6 and it's certainly not a race car and I've never bragged about it being one. How about this, if the roads are dry next week we can run? what do ya say? I'm calling you out so let's put up or shut up. I don't want to hear any excuses, NOT ONE. I have a running car ready to race. It's slow as fuck but it's ready to race. It's a lot nicer than that Junkyard shit box you have. My car is a hillbilly car for sure, but your shit is straight up from the trailer park out of Portsmouth hillbilly. So what do ya say, hillbilly. Wanna race next week? Remember, no excuses.

We can do a two for one, when the salt isn't on the roads ill drive the trailer park car over and we can race then ill call you stupid.

Sure eill be a shame when a bucket of turds and wires makes that V6 look like it's sitting still

Brandon,

We've had this conversation before, but I'll say it again because it doesn't seem to be sinking in.

Nobody here really thinks you are not intelligent. It is just very frustrating to have conversations with you because you want to discuss things that you aren't that knowledgeable about, and rather than ask questions or be receptive to the conversation you double down on these bad ideas and then the insults fly. Part of the problem, I think, is that you seem to think all media is biased and because of that you seem to want to give equal weight to something you see on facebook as you would the WSJ or the New York Times. To a certain degree media is biased, but in other ways it is not - it relies on your critical thinking to evaluate each piece objectivity before you absorb it subjectively. There are published standards for journalism (each credible source will have it's own published cannon of journalism), become familiar with them and you will start to see the fake news from what the president calls fake news (but really isn't).

here are some examples:

I genuinely think that you should ask more questions and be more open minded toward the actual discussions. A lot of your rhetoric seems to be based not on facts but on your general hatred of a perceived stereotype of "liberal" that doesn't really have anything to do with politics. Your "manliness" is not tied to your politics - conservatives are not macho and liberals are not pussies, and supporting that lie doesn't help anybody.

Now, if you want to point out the accomplishments of the trump presidency, there have been a few, but they aren't the economy or any of the things you listed previously. In fact depending on where you stand, it's hard to call some of these things successes. But let's talk about them anyway.

With Scott Pruitt at the head of the EPA, the organization has been able to do things like dismantle the clean power plan and retract the 2015 Waters of the United States Rule. Permission for new offshore drilling has been granted, and about 30 other smaller regulations have been repealed. The Keystone pipeline is back underway, and fracking on public lands may soon be available.

Considering that general "deregulation" was a specific talking point that goes back to the campaign you could say that the administration has been successful, furthermore - the Trump administration's narrative has been the environmental regulations were what was keeping us from dominance in the energy sector. If you were a libertarian, this would seem like a victory to you.

National Geographic has an excellent writeup of All the changes if you care to read them:

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/03/how-trump-is-changing-science-environment/

Notwithstanding Trump's recent comments on bringing in someone like Roy Cohen (Trump's once personal lawyer, and Joe McCarthy's right hand man during the witch hunt), the administration's narrative has been "tough on crime". The way it has enforced this is to strengthen the government's power of civil asset forfeiture, encouraging prosecutors to seek maximum penalties on low level drug offenses. It has also rolled back it's position against certain discriminatory voting laws, and also extensions of protections to LGBT people under current anti-discrimination laws. Technically this counts as a win since this is what the administration set out to do, whether it is actually good for the american people is another story.

Financial Deregulation:

From the beginning trump's narrative has been that financial regulation is crippling our industries. The administration has so far been able to roll back parts of the Dodd-Frank act and render the CFPB ineffective through it's recent leadership kerfuffle. Keep in mind the stuff they are "deregulating" are actual consumer protections that came out of the financial crisis. Still Deregulation was the goal and this counts.

FCC Deregulation:

So Trump has been busy, and his administration has been able to do some of the things he claimed on the campaign trail. The only question is, are they good for the American people?

I never pretended to know everything. You and Greg bash me for my personal values in regards to politics.

We can do a two for one, when the salt isn't on the roads ill drive the trailer park car over and we can race then ill call you stupid.

Sure eill be a shame when a bucket of turds and wires makes that V6 look like it's sitting still

Let's say hypothetically I lose, which I won't because we won't race because your junkyard car will never run. But let's just say we do, and I lose. My car is worth, eh probably 4-5 times as much as your hunk a junk so I'll gladly drive my much nicer, but slower car home because news flash, not many adults really give a fuck about how fast a 1987 rust bucket from the junkyard is. Then you can call me stupid while I laugh in your face because I'm sure I'm much more successful than you.

I never pretended to know everything. You and Greg bash me for my personal values in regards to politics.

Nope. It isn't your "personal values" it's your inability to justify or explain them in an intelligent or coherent fashion, your propensity to misstate things or just outright present false information, and your broad sweeping statements that tend to miss the nuance of almost any issue.

BTW, Saying the economy is doing well because of the president isn't a "personal value", It's just a false statement. Just because YOU don't believe something doesn't matter (like approval ratings) doesn't mean it doesn't matter to the larger political sphere isn't a "personal value" it's just you choosing to ignore something.

See the difference?

Nope. It isn't your "personal values" it's your inability to justify or explain them in an intelligent or coherent fashion, your propensity to misstate things or just outright present false information, and your broad sweeping statements that tend to miss the nuance of almost any issue.

BTW, Saying the economy is doing well because of the president isn't a "personal value", It's just a false statement. Just because YOU don't believe something doesn't matter (like approval ratings) doesn't mean it doesn't matter to the larger political sphere isn't a "personal value" it's just you choosing to ignore something.

See the difference?

So those statistics I posted mean nothing? The President or the current administration had nothing to do with it?

What about the social issues we've talked about? Do personal values matter there?

So those statistics I posted mean nothing? The President or the current administration had nothing to do with it?

I assume you mean these statistics:

-On Thursday the Dow Jones his a record high of 25,075.13

-250,000 new jobs created in December alone; ADP

-Job cuts in 2017 were at their lowest level since 1990; CNBC

-Manufacturing has it's best year since 2004; Bloomberg

-We're opening up off-shore drilling to become energy dependent

-Unemployment at a 17 year low; BLS

-1.9 million jobs created in 2017; BLS

-African American Unemployment at a 17 year low; BLS

-Food Stamp use at a 7 year low; USDA

-Home Prices up 6%; Standard and Poor's

-16 regulations cut for every 1 created in 2017; Fox

-Two quarters of over 3% GDP growth; Commerce Department

Mostly yes, because you are presenting each statistic as if the President is directly responsible for it's growth, and for many of them that is not true. Is there a specific one you want to discuss? because analyizing each one could be it's own tome.

What about the social issues we've talked about? Do personal values matter there?

Which Social Issues do you mean? IIRC most recently we were discussing Planned Parenthood and you don't really seem to understand how they work or how government funding works, how corporations work, or in general why it's bad public policy to allow corporations to discriminate on the basis of religion in providing health care coverage. None of these things sound like "values" to me.

Brandon,

here are some examples:

Financial Deregulation:

FCC Deregulation:

You are a absolute condescending asshole that thinks he knows everything about everything , But as proven from your posts on a racing forum, you really are limited in your knowledge. You do however have a great ability to stick your head up your ass and leave it there for extended periods of time, which could explain some things

I think I may have seen you at C&C once. 6'6 twig boy? Yeah, actually nobody would be afraid of you.

6'6" and twiggy actually sounds more like you're thinking of me. Good to know I'm not too scary. :)

Trump's Obama-era rhetoric on shutdowns comes back to haunt him.

In September 2013, Trump declared, “[P]roblems start from the top and they have to get solved from the top and the president’s the leader. And he’s got to get everybody in a room and he’s got to lead. [Obama] doesn’t do that. He doesn’t like doing that. It’s not his strength. And that’s why you have this terrible situation…. It’s very embarrassing worldwide.”

He added that no one cares who has what power in Congress, because “when they talk about the government shutdown, they’re going to be talking about the president of the United States, who the president was at that time.”

A week later, asked how he would negotiate a deal to avoid a shutdown, Trump said, “Well, very simply, you have to get everybody in a room. You have to be a leader. The president has to lead…. Unfortunately, [Obama] has never been a dealmaker. That wasn’t his expertise before he went into politics. And it’s obviously not his expertise now.”

I especially enjoyed the words “very simply” – because in Trump’s mind, governing was supposed to be easy. Political difficulties before Jan. 20, 2017 were obviously, from Trump’s perspective, the result of widespread stupidity and incompetence. Once we had a very stable genius in the White House, who’d “get everybody in a room,” we’d soon see how easy it is for a historic leader to reach seemingly impossible agreements.

All it takes is “a dealmaker” in a position of power.

By Trump’s own reasoning, he’s failing spectacularly.

As someone now personally affected by the shutdown, I sure wish we had a leader who could lead right now.

As someone now personally affected by the shutdown, I sure wish we had a leader who could lead right now.

Trump isn't the problem here. He's put everyone in a room, clearly outlined his expectations and shared with them enough rope to negotiate. The problem is those in the room, namely the dems and some republicans, are trying to cloud the issue with agenda items that not only aren't in a time-crunch but more-so are completely unrelated to the issue that is at hand. Everyone knows DACA and immigration is on the table next and he's even shared that he wants a good solution to keep the valuable people impacted. He's more to the left on DACA than many republicans. That said, the dems are trying to strong arm the matter now and that's what's not right. The shut down is on them for not staying on-point.

A week later, asked how he would negotiate a deal to avoid a shutdown, Trump said, “Well, very simply, you have to get everybody in a room. You have to be a leader. The president has to lead…. Unfortunately, [Obama] has never been a dealmaker. That wasn’t his expertise before he went into politics. And it’s obviously not his expertise now.”
Trumps made his expectations clear. This situation has nothing to do with him. Honestly, WE as a nation need to pass a law that says in situations like this the previous years budget prevails and life just goes on. There shouldn't be a "shutdown" as it's not necessary.

I especially enjoyed the words “very simply” – because in Trump’s mind, governing was supposed to be easy.

It is pretty easy, but when the leaders on both sides, namely Schumer, Pelosi and Fuckstick low-energy Mitch and Ryan lack the skills to fucking stay on-point vs playing games, there's not much to do except vote those fuckers out. Again, it has very little to do with Trump. Fucksticks below him need to go. They are what he's defined as swamp that needs to go.

You mean he had everyone in a room and told them his expectations when he said, "I'll sign whatever they bring me?"

By all accounts I've seen, Schumer left the White House thinking he had a deal. He agreed to fully fund the border wall and give the military more funding than he was asking for, while including CHIP and DACA. They agreed to put together a 5 day funding extension to give them time to put the bill together. Once McConnell got involved the extension changed to 3 weeks and the agreement was called "too liberal." Then the deal was off and all the blaming of the Dems began.

Trump is a puppet. He is impossible to negotiate with because once you think you have an agreement Ryan or Mcconnel put their hand up his ass and change his mind.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

You mean he had everyone in a room and told them his expectations when he said, "I'll sign whatever they bring me?"

That was in terms of Immigration Reform. Completely different subject. Here we have that Schmuck Schumer demanding that any spending bill to keep the government fully operational include protections for DACA recipients. That's a bullshit move and on him.

That was in terms of Immigration Reform. Completely different subject. Here we have that Schmuck Schumer demanding that any spending bill to keep the government fully operational include protections for DACA recipients. That's a bullshit move and on him.
Trump himself said he is in favor of DACA. Why kick the can down the road? The program was recinded in September and Trump said he wanted Congress to bring a permanent DACA bill to him, so what's the problem?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk