New Companion Site

MrMeanGreen

As of right now its word of mouth. Posting in various facebook groups. We are pulling in a different group of Administrators for the new forum. We took some from CR. But we are trying to bring on people from Cleveland, Cincinnati, Dayton, Middletown, Toledo/Lima and various other areas. JP and Chris Lane are helping with the NE Ohio area. We are still looking for people for Cincinnati and some other areas.

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to let me know. Feel free to blast the forum to anyone/everyone you know. As Chris said, Lets make forums great again!

My work filter blocks the format but not the text. I think this may have to do with the association with Facebook as most large companies block the major social media platforms. Either way I can view but no log in.

BTW, I think this is a great idea. It leverages the community of CR but gets rid of any of the stigma. A good way to help distinguish that may be to get events loaded in. I know one of the primary reasons I joined this forum was to learn about local events.

BTW, I think this is a great idea. It leverages the community of CR but gets rid of any of the stigma. A good way to help distinguish that may be to get events loaded in. I know one of the primary reasons I joined this forum was to learn about local events.

For once, I actually agree with Kerry :eek:

Registered! :thumbup:

A thought: over the weekend, I was reminiscing at the history of CR. In a social-media-based society, the format of a forum has largely gone by the wayside, yet CR still perseveres. Having grown up with CR since my early 20s, I attribute it to being less about flash-in-the-pan splashes of content, and more about ongoing conversations between passionate people across a wide, Ohio-based footprint...without the commercial/political force of outside influencers. That's a difficult combination to balance, but a valuable feature that's kept the site viable through so many social changes over the last 15 years.

Not being naive to internet privacy, I am conccerned that Ohio Racing will be a little more open to Google searching...not as big of a concern in my 20s, moreso now in my late 30s. :) Will anyone be able to see what's posted like other sites or will there be a privacy firewall?

Edited by zeitgeist57

Registered! :thumbup:

A thought: over the weekend, I was reminiscing at the history of CR. In a social-media-based society, the format of a forum has largely gone by the wayside, yet CR still perseveres. Having grown up with CR since my early 20s, I attribute it to being less about flash-in-the-pan splashes of content, and more about ongoing conversations between passionate people across a wide, Ohio-based footprint...without the commercial/political force of outside influencers. That's a difficult combination to balance, but a valuable feature that's kept the site viable through so many social changes over the last 15 years.

Not being naive to internet privacy, I am conccerned that Ohio Racing will be a little more open to Google searching...not as big of a concern in my 20s, moreso now in my late 30s. :) Will anyone be able to see what's posted like other sites or will there be a privacy firewall?

OhioRacing.org is locked down similar to CR. We wanted to open it up a little bit though, as one of the primary complaints I have heard over the years with CR was that it was extremely locked down and content could not be viewed to see what the site was about. On the new forum, it is still locked down, but you can see the thread title in each section. Basically you get a screen shot of what the board currently has going on at the moment. You just can't get any content until you log in. We are still doing human verification - yes it can make approvals a little slower as only a couple of us are doing them at the moment (this will change), but fuck spam.