New truck. Lots to do.

Diamonds

Mind if i ask how much it ran you? And what the miles are?

I purchased a standard cab truck and really wish I would've kept shopping for at least an extended cab. You never realize how much you use the backseat until there isn't one.

As for your bed cover that's a great deal but I would be careful leaving anything valuable back there for extended periods of time. My fiberglass tonneau cover can be lifted and the bed opened while it's locked. Because of this I never put anything valuable back there, maybe my sweaty, smelly hockey bag but that's it.

I was bored here before bed, so you get a quick and dirty photoshop:

http://i.imgur.com/FEHjTBA.jpg

Wheels are ATX Mojave (estimated around a 20 and a 33" tire, might be a touch oversized but close). Also leveled it, removed steps, and painted your door handle body color.

I like that. Tint the windows and replace the 4x4 decal with a TacPack logo also.

I think it looks like a great truck, I'm sure you bought it right.

Should I get these wheels?

http://www.procompusa.com/ImageLibrary/Products/PXA/40%20Series%20Dark%20Grey%20with%20Black%20Lip.jpg

OR THESE

http://images.4wheelparts.com/aux_incl/images.ashx?i=PXA2644_Syndrome_MatteGraphite_6lug_3q.jpg&partNo=PXA&w=330&h=330

Poverty wheels

I hate wheels that look like they have fake beadlocks... but it seems as if anything with a cool center has beadlocks on the outside. ugh...

Agreed. I ended up buying 20" raptor replicas just for something different.

5.4 is nothing but problems. Best of luck with that and the cig smell.

I wouldn't say that, my family has had 5 vehicles with the 5.4 and no major issues. Only had to change out plugs on a few of them and 1 expedition had to have a cam sensor replaced at 150k. All ran great. I'm sure some have had other experiences as with any motor.

If possible, change headliner and carpet to help reduce the cig smell.

Well, after 1 50-minute ozone treatment it has rid the truck of all smells (and killed a huge wasp that was living under the rear seat) and left it with a smell of a cheap motel. Then, I proceeded to bake the truck in the hot sun all day at the gun range and no smells returned. Then, I christened the truck with its new and improved cigar-only smell and I seem to have it right where I want it now in terms of smell.

Other update - as with any private sale I knew I'd have to throw a few bucks in it to get it zipped up. Needed a new 4x4 actuator, front rotors, and a RF caliper. But, after those parts she seems to be tip top. The only thing I am contemplating is the cam-phaser thing and replacing the plugs (heard about these potential horror story) sooner than later.

Other update - as with any private sale I knew I'd have to throw a few bucks in it to get it zipped up. Needed a new 4x4 actuator, front rotors, and a RF caliper. But, after those parts she seems to be tip top. The only thing I am contemplating is the cam-phaser thing and replacing the plugs (heard about these potential horror story) sooner than later.

Cam phaser delete/lockouts and plugs are really the only two big issues with the 3 valve motors. If you plan on keeping it a while I'd go ahead and buy the lisle tool for extracting plugs from the 3v heads. It's ~$60 on amazon. I haven't found a place that actually rents it out locally, last time I changed plugs in my mustang 4 of the plugs came apart and that tool saved my ass.

https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-LIS65600-Broken-Remover-Engines/dp/B00267PZUK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491839491&sr=8-1&keywords=lisle+5.4+spark+plug+tool

After I quit smoking (both in my mustang and f150) Ozium and cleaning the carpet/interior really well was enough to get the smell out for me. I always made a habit to turn the AC/heat on and had at least 1 window rolled down while I was smoking so that may have had a hand in making it easier to remove.