PLEASE READ: National Trails track day 5/12

blue98ls1

We've been breaking struts and shredding tires with the SCCA for 2 years on that lunar-crater parking lot they have out there now. New pavement on the lot might just make it a good autocross venue for a change...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a call today with them for the event we're broadcasting and now I see why they are having all the delays, it's for the best reasons possible.

-Track is getting resurfaced and fixed where it had bumps and weeping issues.

-Bathrooms are getting repaired and upgraded

-Staging lane are getting fixed

-Pits are getting more pavement and repaired.

The new owners are trying to un-fuck the years of neglect the track has been through.

That's awesome to hear

I had a call today with them for the event we're broadcasting and now I see why they are having all the delays, it's for the best reasons possible.

-Track is getting resurfaced and fixed where it had bumps and weeping issues.

-Bathrooms are getting repaired and upgraded

-Staging lane are getting fixed

-Pits are getting more pavement and repaired.

The new owners are trying to un-fuck the years of neglect the track has been through.

Holy shit. Bathrooms are getting attention? I won't know what to do in a post 1982 shitter!

One other thing, did I just hear that Friday night is still running? I guess CR isn't the Holt nitrous shootout....let the excuses pile in.

Exactly Dave, how is it that CR track day gets cancelled because the track is being replaced but 6hrs later it's no problem to run T&T & the nitrous shootout. Plus I believe the Saturday slate is also still a go with KOC and UMTR....my guess would be it has nothing to do with the track and everything to do with staffing.

Holy shit. Bathrooms are getting attention? I won't know what to do in a post 1982 shitter!

One other thing, did I just hear that Friday night is still running? I guess CR isn't the Holt nitrous shootout....let the excuses pile in.

From what I was told the track won't be ready for us on Friday morning so that's why they called it off. They are going to be rushing to get it done for Saturday from the way it sounds.

This is direct from trails and they did not make the choice to cut our day lightly from the way it sounds.

Again, I apologize to everyone. I had no part in this, this was completely decided on the end of NTR and their management. That was not the phone call I wanted to receive, as I've been waiting two years to race again.

The biggest issue the new owners face is trying to rebuild the reputation and canceling a track day last minute doesn't build hope. I realize that they are doing improvements, but it is kind of shitty timing and gives a who gives a fuck about the locals feel.

I doubt that this is the case, but who knows for sure?.....

Again, I apologize to everyone. I had no part in this, this was completely decided on the end of NTR and their management. That was not the phone call I wanted to receive, as I've been waiting two years to race again.

We know it's not your fault.....maybe :gabe:

You skinny bitch :)

I offered to paint the bathrooms for free 2 years ago and was told they had plans of doing it themselves lol. Glad to see the track is getting all the attention that it is. Hopefully it draws people back to the track, as I was there 2 Wednesdays ago and car count was low.

My question is why did they wait until now to pave the track? Why not do it when it's not race season? Apparently common sense isn't so common. This is costing them money. They are further ruining themselves and people will spend their money elsewhere at other tracks. If the track needed redone, I get it but their timing is ridiculous and it makes it seem like they simply do not care about their reputation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My question is why did they wait until now to pave the track? Why not do it when it's not race season? Apparently common sense isn't so common. This is costing them money. They are further ruining themselves and people will spend their money elsewhere at other tracks. If the track needed redone, I get it but their timing is ridiculous and it makes it seem like they simply do not care about their reputation.

Because they just recently took ownership so really couldn't get alot of it done any sooner. Also because the people that race there on a regular basis deserve better then what ntr has been in the past.

And this track upgrade will be done before they get into the heart of the season.

Yes it sucks the track rental was postponed but in the long run the things that they are doing look to make it better for everyone including cr track day.

Because they just recently took ownership so really couldn't get alot of it done any sooner. Also because the people that race there on a regular basis deserve better then what ntr has been in the past.

And this track upgrade will be done before they get into the heart of the season.

Yes it sucks the track rental was postponed but in the long run the things that they are doing look to make it better for everyone including cr track day.

Apparently you've never raced at Larue haha

It wasn't that long ago they bought the track. It takes time to evaluate the facility and figure out exactly what needs done, create a budget for the renovations, prioritize the projects, hire the contractors. Then when you toss in the monsoon season we just experienced .... they're a little behind their schedule. At least they are cleaning the place up and making it a better place to race. I'm sure if it had not changed hands we would have the track day as scheduled, and everyone would be bitching about the prep, the return road, the staging lanes, the track, etc... (me included). Seems like a relatively minor inconvenience all considering. Besides, this is a chance to show the new ownership and management that we're good people, and the next time we want to schedule a track day their more receptive.

It wasn't that long ago they bought the track. It takes time to evaluate the facility and figure out exactly what needs done, create a budget for the renovations, prioritize the projects, hire the contractors. Then when you toss in the monsoon season we just experienced .... they're a little behind their schedule. At least they are cleaning the place up and making it a better place to race. I'm sure if it had not changed hands we would have the track day as scheduled, and everyone would be bitching about the prep, the return road, the staging lanes, the track, etc... (me included). Seems like a relatively minor inconvenience all considering. Besides, this is a chance to show the new ownership and management that we're good people, and the next time we want to schedule a track day their more receptive.

They've cancelled 3 times this year so far when I've tried 2 go, not just once...it makes it a lil harder to swallow. Also compared 2 some tracks theirs is decent, especially compared to Larue!

They've cancelled 3 times this year so far when I've tried 2 go, not just once...it makes it a lil harder to swallow. Also compared 2 some tracks theirs is decent, especially compared to Larue!

Well you could always head up to D42.... oh wait .....[emoji12]

It's either do it now before summer hits, or wait until next year. Personally I would rather see them put the time in now. It will make the whole summer of racing better. And yeah, they technically could have gotten by without resurfacing the track, but if it was like Larue I would never go back. There are other tracks around if you're that desperate. Head up to Pacemakers.

Temperature has to be above 50* to pave it correctly. Track cant get fixed without fixing it. Track has to be down in order for it to be fixed. I just dont understand the complaints.

I won't be able to attend the new date. I'll just donate my spot to some in need of a spot. If that's ok with who runs the rental.

Andy

That's fine, just let me know who takes the spot if you give it to someone prior to the event so I can update our list. :)

I won't be able to attend the new date. I'll just donate my spot to some in need of a spot. If that's ok with who runs the rental.

Andy

I will take the spot. PM me your paypal info and I'll send you the $52.