CC&C - Cup O'Joe Closing!

zeitgeist57

FWIW, I'm also of the opinion that it would be better to stay. Most who mentioned it to me yesterday morning felt that way.

For now, bringing our own coffee isn't a major issue. I think the change will come when the weather gets colder; there won't be that group of a dozen or so of us who huddle inside and talk cars. Even for that, there are lots of options that can be explored at some point in the fall if there's still interest.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off season is probably the best time to plan the REDirect to a new place anyways - if you decide to relocate. It allows you to plan for a big season opener.

yeah....maybe one at the zoo with a watch bar and goodie bags and a charge for admission....oh wait....

relocation tends to be a big hit for organic events like this. An accommodating location that's easy to access is key, finding another place with that kind of magic can be difficult. I'll be honest, I don't think the cup of Joe made the difference in the equation. Sure they did business, but people didn't come to CCC for the Cup of Joe. I'll miss it but I still think the lenox parking lot supports the needs of the event.

I interviewed most of the groups (outside of Doc and the CR regulars) and the unanimous decision is to stay. Coffee or no coffee shop, we're not going anywhere. Casto is fine with that.

I agree. I'll bring my own. Their line moved at a snails pace anyway.

Cater in boxed coffee, bring a table and add a money jar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This would be a good strategy for me to earn money for my 20B engine swap project... My Banshee is not going to build itself ya know. :p

All jokes aside, I would like to stay where we are. So many happy memories at the Lennox. ^_^

If you relocate next season I suggest moving it North towards Worthington if possible.

I've been the one to manage the venues over the last 9 years. Not a pride thing; just saying that if we have the opportunity to change to a "better" venue, I'm all for it in 2018.

Reasons why we're staying at Lennox Town Center:

1) Parking - main lot we use is over 400 spots, with very low overlap of business parking for the companies using the lot as well.

2) Centrally-located - We're near downtown, OSU, 315...seriously, how much closer can we get to the heart of Columbus without charging a parking fee for 400+ cars? :)

3) Ownership buy-in - here's the big one: for a group, not sponsored by a business, we have permission by a commercial property management group to use a lot every week. As a banker of 15 years, I don't know how else we could make this work.

Again, if someone knows of a guy I need to call to make the above 3 factors still work, but with the addition of a coffee house/truck on a weekly basis year-round, I'M ALL EARS. ;)

I interviewed most of the groups (outside of Doc and the CR regulars) and the unanimous decision is to stay. Coffee or no coffee shop, we're not going anywhere. Casto is fine with that.

That's the most important piece ^^:thumbup:

I've been the one to manage the venues over the last 9 years. Not a pride thing; just saying that if we have the opportunity to change to a "better" venue, I'm all for it in 2018.

1) Parking - main lot we use is over 400 spots, with very low overlap of business parking for the companies using the lot as well.

2) Centrally-located - We're near downtown, OSU, 315...seriously, how much closer can we get to the heart of Columbus without charging a parking fee for 400+ cars? :)

3) Ownership buy-in - here's the big one: for a group, not sponsored by a business, we have permission by a commercial property management group to use a lot every week. As a banker of 15 years, I don't know how else we could make this work.

Again, if someone knows of a guy I need to call to make the above 3 factors still work, but with the addition of a coffee house/truck on a weekly basis year-round, I'M ALL EARS. ;)

I'm sure you've looked into it but does Casto manage a similar property with a coffee shop?

I just want to say that I think Clay has made the right choices with CC&C thus far, and don't see an issue with his future plans. Loosing Cup O Joe sucks, especially for some lame place I don't anyone interested in, but keeping it there seems like the right move in my opinion.

Thanks for getting CC&C rolling and keeping it simple. It's something I hope stays around for a long time.

Why don't you guys hit up some of the local trucks...Java Brava, Raccoon Coffee, etc and see if they'd be interested in some exposure and monies, I'm sure they don't do much on a Saturday morning, might be worth their while.

Could change it CC&Ct (coffee trucks).

We cannot bring any sort of outside vendors onto Lennox Town Center to sell coffee, etc: it represents a possible conflict with the corporations that are leasing there. For example, if Starbucks found out that Raccoon Coffee was getting access to the lot for free (no rent) to sell coffee, they can sue Casto and JLL into an ugly contract suit that would be no bueno for business/reputation.

In addition, we cannot officially court not-for-profits to supply their own coffee and sell it at our event for a fundraiser, because then you open a Pandora's Box for every charity to expect our group to let them in and Casto to give their blessing. It's not a breach of contract; it can just be messy to regulate.

Otherwise, I'd be lining up bikini car-washes every weekend for Make-A-Wish :lol:

Why don't you guys hit up some of the local trucks...Java Brava, Raccoon Coffee, etc and see if they'd be interested in some exposure and monies, I'm sure they don't do much on a Saturday morning, might be worth their while.

Could change it CC&Ct (coffee trucks).

You know how I know you didn't read the thread? :p

This is unfortunate. It is kind of a piece gone from cars and coffee for me. Ever since my dad and I started going YEARS ago its what we did. Come down, park, get a coffee and walk around. Yes the lines became long but that was good to see because the gathering was growing. It really has grown over the past couple years. It will be weird not getting a coffee and walking around.

It will be weird not getting a coffee and walking around.

Jeez, if it's that important to everyone, I'll make a couple of pots of coffee and bring it down in a vacuum pot along with some styrofoam cups and give it away. It's not going to be any Starbucks Cinnamon Chai Dolce Creme Light Frappuccino Grande Pour-Over, but it hasn't killed anyone yet, not that anyone can prove anyway.

Steve Martin taught me how to make it, back in the day

Doc, I'm of the exact same thought process: light as the crowds were in the winter, having a coffee place where we could still meet in the "off-season" is something I'll have to work with the group to figure out.

https://www.facebook.com/Lil-Donut-Factory-320714890074/

Great Donuts, Great Coffee, LOCAL BUSINESS!!!!

;)

:thumbup:

KillJoy

https://www.facebook.com/Lil-Donut-Factory-320714890074/

Great Donuts, Great Coffee, LOCAL BUSINESS!!!!

;)

:thumbup:

KillJoy

This is 30 seconds from my house, their donuts are amazing, the owner is a really cool guy, they have coffee....so yeah I would approve, but I think it would be a struggle to fit everyone. I think the whole lot/complex might have about 50 parking spots total. I guess it would depend on how light the winter crowds are

I see no reason to move it as long as the owners are cool with it either, but i hpe the new restaurant doesnt give you crap for it.

In the short term I agree. The spot still has 2 of the 3 criteria for a good meeting space. Once the weather turns though people are going to want to sit inside. I just don't see us hanging out in the new place.

This is 30 seconds from my house, their donuts are amazing, the owner is a really cool guy, they have coffee....so yeah I would approve, but I think it would be a struggle to fit everyone. I think the whole lot/complex might have about 50 parking spots total. I guess it would depend on how light the winter crowds are

WINTER Motherfucker!!!! :D

That lot can handle 30-50ISH.......and that is GENEROUS. Just throwing out locales that "I" Support ;)

Winter is 15 TOPS!!!!!..... They CANNOT replace the Weekly, BUT, for Winter???? :fuckyeah:

KillJoy

I see no reason to move it as long as the owners are cool with it either, but i hpe the new restaurant doesnt give you crap for it.

Website says that they open at 11am. That's late enough that it won't be a problem. Plus, the lot wraps around the east side of Lennox for a ton more parking.