Anybody have thoughts on foot pain?

Cordell

So as most of you know I work on my feet all day, have back issues, and whatever. My feet hurting is kind of just normal. Has anyone tried anything with success?

What brings this up is that it's been worse lately. So my wife thought it was worth checking out the good feet store. Well I immediately felt like it was a mistake when I heard their sales pitch. So I refused their free fitting and left. Anybody used them? Sure seems shady.

So as most of you know I work on my feet all day, have back issues, and whatever. My feet hurting is kind of just normal. Has anyone tried anything with success?

What brings this up is that it's been worse lately. So my wife thought it was worth checking out the good feet store. Well I immediately felt like it was a mistake when I heard their sales pitch. So I refused their free fitting and left. Anybody used them? Sure seems shady.

When I started the elevator trade, my feet were killing me. It was the first time I'd had to wear steel toed boots all day. My feet were almost unbearable when I'd get out of bed in the morning, and I lost feeling in my big toe. Sucked. My arches are terrible.

I bought good boots, Irish setters, and got the insoles for heavier working men ( I weigh 220). The boots I had from the start, but the insoles really seemed to help.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Heel pain? Worse when getting out info bed? Probably plantar fasciitis. I've got it. It sucks. Best home cure is stretching, stretching, stretching. Your calf muscles and tendons are too tight. At night your feet drop, the tendons contract, and then when you go to stand in the morning, you're trying to abruptly stretch them back out. And it's excruciating.

Other treatments include steroid injections. But stretching is probably the best answer.

If this isn't your problem, disregard.

I've got nerve damage in both legs from my hips all the way to my toes so I have to make sure to have a comfortable pair of boots.

Believe it or not the most comfortable setup I've found is Wal-Mart brand Brahma boots with Dr. Scholls work he'll inserts. I pull the inserts they come with out and just use the gel inserts. I've tried everything from $150 boots with the same insoles to the Wal-Mart boots and honestly they've been the most comfortable. And they're cheap. Maybe $50 for both boots and insoles

I would recommend to a pediatrician and get fitted for orthotics My wife has planter fasciitis and for a while could barely walk. With her orthotics and a custom boot for stretching at night she is doing fine. But as they wear out/down she gets replacements every couple years. I can get you a name if you want. Good luck.

I wear Redwings which made a big improvement over past cheaper boots. My feet just ache at the end of the day mostly. I can still feel it the next morning but it improves overnight.

Imho, red wings aren't what they used to be. Try out a bunch of brands and see what your feet like. I spend all day in metatarsal or steel toe boots climbing ladders and steps and the pain sometimes is unbearable but I power through. I've had several foot procedures done and nothing has 100% fixed it yet. Doc says a career change is the only sure fix.

What part of the foot hurts? Is it more towards the heel or the between the toes and the heel? Either way you might have plantar fasciitis. I still have it but I lost a few lbs and it went away.

Before that I went to an orthodic doc and the first thing he did was shoot a cortisone shot in my heel (yeah that sucked). That helped but still had pain. They ended up taking a mold of my feet and had custom inserts made for my shoes. They worked but like I said, I lost a few lbs and the pain went away.

You could always go to a meijer and find their Dr. Scholls machine thing. You stand on it, it measures your feet, some other crap and tells you which Orthodics to buy.

https://www.drscholls.com/custom-fit-orthotics-kiosk-locator/

It's worth a shot and only will set you back about $50 or so.

It's mostly the heal that hurts, but I feel some pain at the front. I bought a set of those DrScholls things after standing on their little machine before dinner tonight. They fit pretty well, I'll be trying them this week and see if it helps.

I'll be curious to hear your results. I went the Dr Scholl's route (did the machine thing and it was right on with it's description of my heel pain). I have found a great improvement when I am out walking all day at the track. Also, best shoes/boots you can find (sounds like you're already there on this one). Good luck!

You need to strengthen your ankles. Weak ankles will fatigue your feet quickly. You need to also take a frozen bottle of water at night and roll your feet out. Don't waste your time or money with Dr Scholls. Make an appointment with a pediatrist and have inserts made for your feet. Your feet are far to important to dick around.

I would recommend to a pediatrician and get fitted for orthotics My wife has planter fasciitis and for a while could barely walk. With her orthotics and a custom boot for stretching at night she is doing fine. But as they wear out/down she gets replacements every couple years. I can get you a name if you want. Good luck.

Pediatrician? A doctor for children? I know scott acts like a 2 year old at times but i think he needs a podiatrist(foot doctor)

Oh and I'll throw a plug for Dr Trinidad over in grand view by fish market. My wife sees them regularly. She has torn tendons in her feet and fractured sesmoids and they have taken great care for her. The inserts they made her have relieved all pain

I'd take bets on plantar as well...my wife had it BAD for a year or so, to the point of not being able to even walk after sleeping for more than a few hours. Rolling and curn stretches helped somewhat, but the big thing was getting custom orthotics and braces to keep her feet from bending while asleep.

Broke my left foot in 3 places laying down a bike 10 years ago. Had a good set of gear on and it saved my life but my foot hit a street sign as i slide by it. Had several surgeries on my toes and ankle. Had a bone spur and planter fasciitis 4 years ago. Pain in the bottom of the foot and heel. Itried the stretching and cortisone injections. Finally had another surgery to remove the bone spur and the foot doctor suggested orthotics. They aren't cheap, but they sure worked for me. Wear them every day now. Went to the Ortho foot and ankle clinic at Polaris and Africa road. Dr stockfish was the Doc.

After reading about Plantar Fascitiis that sounds very likely. So I've been doing some stretches and took easy this weekend. Stretching out my calf muscles made an immediate improvement. I'm sure this past week of heat and getting a little dehydrated helped kick this off. Luckily I have a shorter week with some training Thursday and Friday, so I'm looking forward to making some progress in giving them a break to heal some.

After reading about Plantar Fascitiis that sounds very likely. So I've been doing some stretches and took easy this weekend. Stretching out my calf muscles made an immediate improvement. I'm sure this past week of heat and getting a little dehydrated helped kick this off. Luckily I have a shorter week with some training Thursday and Friday, so I'm looking forward to making some progress in giving them a break to heal some.

Imho, this is your best course. I had a couple of surgeries and my feet are far worse than they were before. I wish I never had it and wonder why I wasn't advised to do stretching before they opted for surgery.

Get yourself a tennis ball or baseball, lay it on a hard floor, and roll your bare foot over it putting as much pressure on it as you can stand. Roll it all over the bottom of your foot. Do this for 2-3min/foot every day for a week or so. You'll be amazed at how much better your foot feels, even immediately after doing it.

You need to strengthen your ankles. Weak ankles will fatigue your feet quickly. You need to also take a frozen bottle of water at night and roll your feet out. Don't waste your time or money with Dr Scholls. Make an appointment with a pediatrist and have inserts made for your feet. Your feet are far to important to dick around.

http://i.imgur.com/jyItXBl.png