2018 Mustang GT - 460hp

SpaceGhost

The best thing about current model and incoming model mustangs are the fact that you can make up to 900rwhp on a stock block/stock heads/stock valvetrain/stock maf/stock throttle body. Please tell me another sub 40k car that can do that.

any LS powered camaro since 2010?

Still I have to agree the current and new model mustangs are impressive.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he means NEW car. Cheapest new Camaro SS on Autotrader locally is $41.7k after rebates. Cheapest new GT is $29.5k

Advertised base (internet) price of a new camaro 1SS is supposed to be $37,995 so it's supposedly within $2900 of the mustang and below $40K. Can you get one for that cheap? it would probably take some work. I have to imagine that ford dealers are going to stock their inventory with optioned up $40K 2018 GT mustangs also so getting a stripper model under $40K in either car is going to be tough.

Still I have heard of at least one stock bottom end stock headed LS camaro making 900hp so......

A lot of car for the money.

The price increases over the years, have been well worth the added upgrades. When the 5.0 was first released, I was offered a pretty base GT, but it had brembos for 28 OTD

What's crazy is the Mustang GT still has a higher lease payment than a scat pack Challenger even though the Challenger scat pack retails for $8-10k more. Do residuals on Mustangs suck?

I think, and I could be wrong, Dodge is giving better lease deals on almost all their products as compared to their same segment competitors in the market because they have a lot of inventory and need to move units. They are also the most creative in the leasing area giving really short term leases (1 year) and cash allowances to bring the msrp down.

I think FCA actually may have one of the better leasing and finance departments in the auto industry when it comes to product development that moves units. although they don't seem to offer the "toy car" lease Chevy does (48months, 40K miles on a camaro SS and they call it the low mileage lease).