Honda manifold question

The_buster

So I decided to replace my oil pan on Saturday. In doing so I broke the bolts that mount the exhaust to the manifold, the ones with the springs. Currently waiting on a tech to get a free moment to see if they can help me out. On Ebay(can't afford factory right now) I can get a factory style with the cat for ~$100, or I can get a "race" style for half that at about $50. Not looking for power gains just get rid of the noise and save some money if possible. Will the non cat trigger engine issues? Light is already on due to evap system stuff-will work on that later. Which would be a better choice?

So I decided to replace my oil pan on Saturday. In doing so I broke the bolts that mount the exhaust to the manifold, the ones with the springs. Currently waiting on a tech to get a free moment to see if they can help me out. On Ebay(can't afford factory right now) I can get a factory style with the cat for ~$100, or I can get a "race" style for half that at about $50. Not looking for power gains just get rid of the noise and save some money if possible. Will the non cat trigger engine issues? Light is already on due to evap system stuff-will work on that later. Which would be a better choice?

Junk yard bro.

a hundred bucks for a fucking bolt?

Bolts are seized buy rust and heat. tried to use a air hammer gently to knock them loose a bit as I had very little room for a regular hammer. Figured it would be easier to replace the whole manifold.

They have an integrated cat, so even from a junkyard an exhaust manifold isn't cheap. Check the Honda boards or maybe craigslist for a used stock one off somebody who installed a header. If you run catless, the downstream O2 sensor will freak out and trigger a cel. I've heard the same for some high-flow "race" cats too, so I wouldn't chance that.. especially with a $50 ebay special.