In need of a new bed

2 Sweet

What stores should I check out? Any recommendations?

I got rid of my queen size bed back in 2015 because the box spring wouldn't fit up the narrow staircase at the house we bought. The mattress would fit with a little flexing, but the box was a no go. So my wife and I have been using a full size bed for almost three years now, and we're sick of it.

Looking to get a king. A two-piece king size box would probably work, but I'm assuming we would need to get a memory foam mattress? I'm not sure a regular king size mattress would have enough "flex" to work past the narrow bend in the staircase.

Any advice would be appreciated :cool:

We got a nectar 4 months ago and it'd the best mattressive ever slept on. They do 5 payments with auto pay. No interest. So $180 a Month for a king and two pillows. Can't be beat and they offer 365 night trial.

We also got a fully adjustable base with massage. All in $1600 mattress and base

Ikea has a pretty good range of foam and memory foam Mattress as well, many come rolled up when you get them making them both easy to transport and move.

Foam isn't for everyone, but the good news is they are local now so you can go try them out and see what you like or don't like

Their pillows are pretty good too.

For what it's worth very very few beds now a days are built to need a box spring. Everything else is just a platform so you can use anything as a flat surface for the bed.

Also with memory foam beds if you put them on a box spring you void the warranty

If you are thinking about memory foam I suggest spending a sizable amount of time laying on one in a store. We used to sell a ton of them and they are quite different from what people are used to in every way, movement, heat transfer, the way you face when you sleep, sex, etc. My personal favorites were always latex beds, sterile, the feeling of a memory foam but with faster response and no heat transfer.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I have pretty substantial back issues so a good mattress is very important for me. I used to have a traditional mattress and box spring bed that was "therapeutic" for bad backs and what not. My back would be hurting every day after sleeping on that thing.

I recently got one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/LUCID-Plush-Memory-Latex-Mattress/dp/B0088YVDP6/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1512091805&sr=1-1&keywords=lucid%2B16%2Binch%2Bplush%2Bmemory%2Bfoam%2Band%2Blatex%2Bmattress%2B-%2Bfour-layer%2Bfull&th=1

I cannot be happier with this mattress. My back problems are still there but I do not wake up sore in the morning and I feel like I get a great night sleep on this mattress. Came in a big box, set it up on a platform bed frame, let it grow and acclimate for about 6 hours before laying on it. Great mattress for the money, I got the king.

I have pretty substantial back issues so a good mattress is very important for me. I used to have a traditional mattress and box spring bed that was "therapeutic" for bad backs and what not. My back would be hurting every day after sleeping on that thing.

I recently got one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/LUCID-Plush-Memory-Latex-Mattress/dp/B0088YVDP6/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1512091805&sr=1-1&keywords=lucid%2B16%2Binch%2Bplush%2Bmemory%2Bfoam%2Band%2Blatex%2Bmattress%2B-%2Bfour-layer%2Bfull&th=1

I cannot be happier with this mattress. My back problems are still there but I do not wake up sore in the morning and I feel like I get a great night sleep on this mattress. Came in a big box, set it up on a platform bed frame, let it grow and acclimate for about 6 hours before laying on it. Great mattress for the money, I got the king.

Haha

I am considering getting that king on Amazon for $239. My queen was memory foam and I loved it, but when I upgraded to a king bed I downgraded to a pillowtop mattress. Those reviews are insane for a $239 mattress.

For the price i'd try this for sure! My brother had one for a while, and if its too firm or too soft for you then you can buy a topper for it to make it what you want.

http://www.amazon.com/Zinus-Memory-Green-Mattress-King/dp/B00Q7EPV8O

Unreal how this is so cheap but has over 11k good reviews. Srsly gonna get one for our king

Haha

I am considering getting that king on Amazon for $239. My queen was memory foam and I loved it, but when I upgraded to a king bed I downgraded to a pillowtop mattress. Those reviews are insane for a $239 mattress.

It was insane, that thing was maybe 4 inches compressed, layed it out and cut the plastic and thing grew to almost 12" immediately then over a few days got to 16". Welcome to the digital age of shopping I guess, 2 day delivery on a king mattress to your front door.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a tempur pedic rhapsody breeze while it was amazing when new, I kinda dislike it now. The breeze was supposed to help with the cooling nature and again it worked when it was new, now not so much.

X2

I have my 6k tempur pedic collecting dust.

It was wonderful at first, but same issues. I would wake up sweating, and it developed dips. I only weigh 160lbs and my girlfriend weighs under 120lbs. Complete waste of money.

I have tuft and needles in all my rooms now. While I'm not blown away by the comfort, I do sleep much better.

They also offer a 100 day trial. No questions asked, if you don't like it they will refund you 100% and will send someone to pick it up, and they donate it.

$700 for a king too, which is dirt cheap.

https://www.tuftandneedle.com/mattress/?size=tn23t

• 1 month later...

I think we decided on a mattress (california king from nectar). The hard part is finding a frame/platform. My wife is super picky about it, she only found a couple that she likes (on wayfair) and they are over $1k. I'm hoping to find a slightly cheaper alternative. We want something that doesn't sit low, and apparently it has to be a "lighter" color. Anyone have a recommendation? I'm assuming Ikea and the like will all be junk but who knows.

This is what we're leaning towards at the moment.....

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/lark-manor-armoise-platform-bed-lrkm2820.html?rtype=8&redir=lrkm2820&piid=22857573#readmoremodal1

Unreal how this is so cheap but has over 11k good reviews. Srsly gonna get one for our king

I bought it for shits and figured worse case i'd use it in my spare room. It is actually very comfortable imo. Only downside is the foam mattresses hold a lot of heat.

A little late here but I got a Spa Sensation 12" memory foam mattress from Walmart a couple years ago. They were very cheap and had hundreds of good reviews so we tried it out. I believe i got the cali king mattress and wire frame for it to sit on for around $500. Other then holding heat, no complaints here. My wife really seems to like it and said she feels like she sleeps better, i don't notice much of a difference when i wake up.

I've ordered two different foam mattress from Amazon over the years and they where both great. Can't remember the brands but go with ones with great reviews and your be pleased. Comes in a small box just make sure you let it "open" for 48 hours before you sleep on it.