Winter 17/18 Stomach Bug

LJ

Anyone get the stomach bug going around these last few weeks? Wow it's a heavy hitter this year. I was minutes away from going to the ER earlier but decided against having to sit there sick in the waiting room because they wouldn't give a wait estimate or how busy they were. It has subsided a bit, but wow. Worst I think I have ever had

/www.blog.ljthoughts.gov/www.creedthoughts

Surprised we haven't had it yet. Had everything else so far this year.

The toddler and 11 month old started late fall with group. Then I had Strep C then the wife had it. Followed by the wife and toddler having Pink eye, then me a sinus infection and the wife a mild one. I'm how getting over a pretty lengthy Chest and head cold, now the wife is getting it as wel. the girls are getting over Hand, foot, and mouth. Most of the kids at the sitters had that one.

Fuck me what a winter.

Oh and my sewer line is frozen today.

Thankfully no. I dread sending the kids to school only because they will likely be the ones to bring it in the house.

Did you have a fever, etc. ? Flu or just stomach related?

Just stomach related. Slight fever. The vomiting was the most violent vomiting I have ever experienced.

Surprised we haven't had it yet. Had everything else so far this year.

The toddler and 11 month old started late fall with group. Then I had Strep C then the wife had it. Followed by the wife and toddler having Pink eye, then me a sinus infection and the wife a mild one. I'm how getting over a pretty lengthy Chest and head cold, now the wife is getting it as wel. the girls are getting over Hand, foot, and mouth. Most of the kids at the sitters had that one.

Fuck me what a winter.

Oh and my sewer line is frozen today.

HFM suuuucks. Both my kids had it fall 2016, then I got it....

HFM suuuucks. Both my kids had it fall 2016, then I got it....

Sure does. I ran maybe 8 hours of decent sleep over 4 days or so. The wife got it bad in her mouth. She said it was like having 10 cold sores at once.

Everyone around me has caught some sort of chest thing that basically has lasted... for two weeks... Coughing, very minor fever, sore back and just physically drained us...

I actually skipped two of my family's Christmas parties because I felt like such crap and I never skip parties

Been pretty lucky so far, knock on wood. Just have had the chest cold for the past couple weeks coughing up what almost looks like oysters. It's almost gone now though.

I had the same thing. I started eating daily two cloves of chopped garlic, shot of apple cidar vinegar, and gargling peroxide before I went to bed and so far it hasn't gotten any worse.

What seemed to help also was I got back to putting the exercise bike in the bathroom to workout, space heater, and the hot water running in the shower.

Literally every person I know got it. No matter if they had the flu shot or not. I never get the Flu shot and this is the first time I got the Flu or something like it in maybe 7-8 years.

Stomach bug isn't the flu. The flu is a bad fever, body aches, headache, and other cold like symptons just x100.

I had the chest cold and flu in the start of December. Been solid since the holidays but I felt something trying to come back sometimes so I dial back and take rest.

Amber caught the flu and strep at the same time after Christmas. It's definitely a bad year for this stuff and it pisses me off seeing these try-hards come into the office dying of influenza and looking like zombies. Thanks for sharing assholes.

Literally every person I know got it. No matter if they had the flu shot or not. I never get the Flu shot and this is the first time I got the Flu or something like it in maybe 7-8 years.

The shot doesn't cause you to get the flu. It will probably cause you to feel like crap for a few days after as your body builds up a defense, but you won't get it because of it. That said, it only vaccinates you against a few strains. If you run into a different strain, you can still get it.

I dont know how I have as much luck as I do, but I rarely get sick, and I'm around sick people all the time.

The Flu is raging hard this year, though.

The shot doesn't cause you to get the flu. .

In understand that- its taken to "help prevent" getting the flu. I am saying everyone who got the shot *early int he season* Still got the flu.

this isnt the flu... its just a nasty cold.. (at least at my house...) The fever never got over 100..

Flu, cold, shits, whatever you call it-your still sick LOL. I never went to the doc and never took my temperature so whatever I had is anyone's guess.

The wife got it right before Christmas, literally at the airport at 6AM for a flight to Key West to wring in the Holiday....and boom, can't stay out of the bathroom. At least we saved money by scrubbing the trip. C'est la vie.

Same. Never do the shot, and have not been full bore flu in 7 years.

Got it, most I know have are getting it.

The noro stomach bugs are pretty rough, and can be very debilitating. Imagine hoping on a cruise ship with one of those going around...wait thats all cruises lol!