New Shoes For The Trans Am

wagner

Good article, as always. Those wheels look GREAT on your car :thumbup:

Thanks, I'm happy with them for sure. The black ones they offer look great, but I didn't want them for the car for some reason. They were out of the chrome at the time so I pulled the trigger on the gunmetal and am very happy.

Getting that rear tire to fit is not an easy task. We "clearanced" inside the fender as much as we could with a large adjustment tool, clipped the bumper cover a bit, and removed the bump stop and mount. It still needs some adjusting but should work out.

If the car was pulling the stock wheels 2-inches imagine what it will do on these :fuckyeah:

Wheels do look great on the car, and GREAT JOB on the article, Wags! Very well-written with a lot of info for your viewers(readers?). I'm not a drag-race guy but I learned a few things.

Well, this is the biggest compliment that anybody could give me. The goal of the article was to be a Google stop for those looking to get info in one place. It's very high level and general, but I hope it helps a few people.

Wait until we start the suspension portion of the build, then shit is going to get interesting. Scott and I might have to get some wheel stand protocol training so we know what to do if the car hooks and starts to climb that ring gear :fuckyeah:

BEAUTIFUL! I've been looking for a clean F-body for a long time and everyone still wants over 12k for them in decent-ish shape.

Good luck, people are asking for crackhead prices on some of them. Get a southern car, trust me. The last thing you want to do is try and remove hardware off the car that is rusted on...

Nice job. The red dragon looks great.

I had to pull them off last night, it made me sad.

Nice. Good color

Thanks!

Awesome, it's hard to beat Racestars on anything. Any reason why you chose 15" fronts instead of 17"? I assume there is some weight savings, but it seems like the 17s are more popular for looks anymore.

Yes, 100% for weight savings. The 17" wheels are more for those who are worried about looks and want to fill the wheel well out a bit more. When I talked with Race Star about this and explained what we were trying to do he said 15s were the way to go.

If you are planning on throwing more power at the car you can overcome the extra weight of the 17s. Since this project isn't about looks and about going fast the 15s were the answer. It saves weight overall, cuts weight off the nose and that will help with weight transfer in the first 60 feet.

Since this is a nitrous car we live and die by that 60 foot so anything we can do to make it hook and book the better.

Wait until we start the suspension portion of the build, then shit is going to get interesting. Scott and I might have to get some wheel stand protocol training so we know what to do if the car hooks and starts to climb that ring gear :fuckyeah:

umm, keep the loud pedal mashed and enjoy the ride. :confused:

Brian what rear end are you running in the TA now?

He's still got the 9" with the spool I believe. Not sure what gear set.

Yeah Moser 9", spool, 3.70 gear. Looking at changing that to a wavetrac and a 3.50 gear, we'll see what Brian comes up with.

I'm excited to get the car back to the track.

That and I'm not Ray...

Everyone needs a goal and someone to look up to. :lolguy:

Edit: if you ain’t skeered, you ain’t tryin.

Edit 2: If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Everyone needs a goal and someone to look up to. :lolguy:

Edit: if you ain’t skeered, you ain’t tryin.

Edit 2: If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

LOL!

Wheestands are fun for everybody that doesn't have to work on the car, or pay for the stuff that gets broken.

Listen, I will be more than happy when we have to worry about this problem, that means we're making power

Yeah Moser 9", spool, 3.70 gear. Looking at changing that to a wavetrac and a 3.50 gear, we'll see what Brian comes up with.

I'm excited to get the car back to the track.

Oh I'm working on getting us all kinds of fun toys for 2018 :fuckyeah:

Right now parts are just caught up in the paperwork phase on other people's desks.

LOL!

Wheestands are fun for everybody that doesn't have to work on the car, or pay for the stuff that gets broken.

Listen, I will be more than happy when we have to worry about this problem, that means we're making power

:fuckyeah:

Let’s start a gofundme wheelie repair account.