How do you choose a machine shop

Adam

Being away from the CR sphere of influence I am in need of a local to me machine shop to freshen up my 4.0 liter into a stroker. What do you all use to decide to go with a certain machinist to do your work? I am not going to ship the motor off just due to cost. If I was going to I would just stick to the XJ forums and go from their experiences.

I have done the googling to see what is around and called around but now it is time to pick one and get the Jeep back up and running.

I am in Columbus GEORGIA if anyone happens to know a good one by the way

ft benning LOL

I'd be surprised if any machine shop hadn't had a ton of jeep 4 liters through. bonus points if you have some gucci shop in the area that has built a ton of jeep strokers, but if it's not a critically sensitive exotic fancy-pants motor you'll probably be fine anywhere reputable

NAPA rebuilt the M42B18 head for my BMW. New valve guides, 3-angle valve job. DOHC cam bearing and valve lashing...all of it ready to bolt on for me.

It's been 10k+ miles of right up to 6000 RPMS for the last couple of years, no problem. I throttle the garbage out of this DD.

They manage local machine shop relationships to do work.