Zip Tie Racing aquires a C6z???

coltboostin

Got offered a crackhead deal on a C6z. Modded- about 570whp NA w a progressive 250 shot on tap. Kid needed cash literally that day. Convenient timing since I just sold the Galant. So, I went from not really looking at Vettes, to owning one in 3 hours. :p

IMG_20180304_124858852-X4.jpg

IMG_20180304_123319027_HDR-X4.jpg

Tentative plans are to take off all the fancy nitrous parts- sell it, and just pimp it as a Friday car for a while. The Colt will still be the speed focus. Its plenty fast as is. I should have it on the dyno in a few weeks to clean up the tune and set it up for a "non nitorus" calibration. Its pretty rich right now.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

green calipers? :barf:

Still, nice score.

Is that wrapped matte silver?

They have grown on me, but either way I wont be paying to powder coat them a different color!

Yes, full 2k 3m wrap. Also got pics of the paint underneath. Looks good under-lots of swirls would need a correction/detail. But I like the wrap-its going to stay as-is unless I find a deal on wheels

I do love that gloss black tail panel. I'm shocked I don't see that on more cars with how good it looks.

Just a thought, if you are committed to LSR with the colt eventually, the C6Z might be a good reliable car to do your licensing runs in before had so that when the colt is eventually ready you can just aim and fire and not worry about Keith Turk or someone else denying your license and invalidating your run because you went 10mph over the target speed he asked you to hold.

Basic mods list

Wrapped 3M matte dark grey

Wcch stage 2 heads

Chaotic Cam

2 stage progressive NOS set up-2 bottles

Dedicated No2 fuel system w/separate tank

Rps triple disc clutch

Rpm Level V trans

Tires are 75%

Corsa exhaust

SW Long tubes no cats

I do love that gloss black tail panel. I'm shocked I don't see that on more cars with how good it looks.

Just a thought, if you are committed to LSR with the colt eventually, the C6Z might be a good reliable car to do your licensing runs in before had so that when the colt is eventually ready you can just aim and fire and not worry about Keith Turk or someone else denying your license and invalidating your run because you went 10mph over the target speed he asked you to hold.

Thats a pretty good idea.

How funny would it to be to qual with a c6z the go 200+ in a POS colt LOL

Shit that's a nice list! Now I'm curious what you paid for it lol

He listed it for 27k ONLY on an FB group. Basically zero exposure. One week later dropped to 23k. Terrible listing is the only reason it didn't sell at 27k, but the sharks where in the water at that point. I came in under ;) He is a mom-n-dad motorsports kid and I knew the backstory.

Cliffs- he had a 100k+ Z06 build- talked shit to all the locals while it was being built. Gets a bad rep pretty quickly. Car gets finished- car blows up- Dad pays for new engine- that goes public- kid gets shamed- kid runs from cops in a different car-gets arrested- looses license fro 3 years. Kid SELLS 100k build Vette-dad takes a bath- he gets cash and THIS CAR which he cant legally drive (LOL). Vette gets parked. Few months later, Sherrif comes a knock'n. Kid needs cash ASAP. ZipTie racing closes the deal. ;)

He listed it for 27k ONLY on an FB group. Basically zero exposure. One week later dropped to 23k. Terrible listing is the only reason it didn't sell at 27k, but the sharks where in the water at that point. I came in under ;) He is a mom-n-dad motorsports kid and I knew the backstory.

Cliffs- he had a 100k+ Z06 build- talked shit to all the locals while it was being built. Gets a bad rep pretty quickly. Car gets finished- car blows up- Dad pays for new engine- that goes public- kid gets shamed- kid runs from cops in a different car-gets arrested- looses license fro 3 years. Kid SELLS 100k build Vette-dad takes a bath- he gets cash and THIS CAR which he cant legally drive (LOL). Vette gets parked. Few months later, Sherrif comes a knock'n. Kid needs cash ASAP. ZipTie racing closes the deal. ;)

Those are the best kinda deals.

Awesome acquisition, car looks great. Congratulations - hope you've been well, JP. Look me up the next time you're in town.

I would have sent this in a PM, but I'm exhibitionistic and want everyone to know we know each other.

Awesome acquisition, car looks great. Congratulations - hope you've been well, JP. Look me up the next time you're in town.

I would have sent this in a PM, but I'm exhibitionistic and want everyone to know we know each other.

I knew him first.

You as well old friend! And will do!

I knew him first.

Indeed #teamtercel4lyfe

She hawt. So is it a black car underneath too? Or is the ass wrapped black?

Black paint. Here is actual pics of the car prior to wrap (no I didn't get those rear wheels in the deal)

52425-XL.jpg

52427-XL.jpg

Was it box?

They are the ones who built the first car that blew up. This is just the car the kid got in trade for his. Its never been modded by anyone up here. Vengeance racing did the original build/tune

Trade you a G8 and $10k for it! Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I LOVE your car- If I didnt have (and still love) the 535i or could sell it quick I would absolutely buy it.

On that note- want to trade for a 535i that traps near 120mph? :)

nice pickup. with those mods, should be a mid 10 second car @ upper 130's, without the sauce....... provided you can manage a manual trans car on the track:lolguy:

I'm regretting selling my z.

Yeah I am surprised to see how hard they run with these mods- but as rowdy as this thing is, I believe it. Hard to describe, it comes into the power band LIKE it has notous! Feel like the power never stops climbing as it goes through the RPMs. I am assuming the monster cam is the factor there.

Rowing the gears wont be the issue. Buying a sticky tire and being willing to hammer it on the 60 foot will be. Seems like you need a 17' and a DR to get the 60-330 you need for a 10. Not many doing on a true street tire on the stock 19. I highly doubt I will do either before the Colt is done, tuned, and makes some test passes.

nice pickup. with those mods, should be a mid 10 second car @ upper 130's, without the sauce....... provided you can manage a manual trans car on the track:lolguy:

I'm regretting selling my z.

Selling or sold?