Zip Tie Racing aquires a C6z???

coltboostin

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Heads / Cam / intake / exhaust and it puts down 579 to the wheels? Incredible..,

And thats with a stock intake and TB. It is pretty wild to think about it, but everyone with a cam this big is making 560-600+depending on the supporting mods. Add an MSD or Fast intake, 102mm TB and I'd expect 600+ on pump. Add E85 and 610-620 is what people are seeing. On motor only! Its mighty impressive. But when you consider its a dry sump'd titanium rod'd 427 that can spin to 7K+ it makes sense. Its a factory racecar.

And thats with a stock intake and TB. It is pretty wild to think about it, but everyone with a cam this big is making 560-600+depending on the supporting mods. Add an MSD or Fast intake, 102mm TB and I'd expect 600+ on pump. Add E85 and 610-620 is what people are seeing. On motor only! Its mighty impressive. But when you consider its a dry sump'd titanium rod'd 427 that can spin to 7K+ it makes sense. Its a factory racecar.

Such an amazing motor - they sound incredible at full wail.

I made 580 to the wheels with a very streetable cam, ported/milled heads, nick Williams throttle body, fast intake, and catted long tubes with the stock mufflers on a conservative tune.

You'll easily eclipse 600 if you go e85. I truly miss how easily this motor revs, and the feeling of burying it in 3rd at 80mph

Were you tested fitting the badge with tape or is the vinyl damaged under it? Curiosity got the best of me...

Tape.

And the Vinyl was just sent over the mounting holes for the OE badge

I made 580 to the wheels with a very streetable cam, ported/milled heads, nick Williams throttle body, fast intake, and catted long tubes with the stock mufflers on a conservative tune.

You'll easily eclipse 600 if you go e85. I truly miss how easily this motor revs, and the feeling of burying it in 3rd at 80mph

I hesitate to use the word "exotic" but it has a very, very nice "pitch" from 4-7k at full WOT

And yes, Eric @ backstreet showed me an overlay of a HC+102mm FAST car vs mine. I made 2 more HP, but he had way more torque down low. He feels this cam would see 600+ with any intake manifold even with a stock TB, and likely 620+ with a 102mm, and 7500 RPM. But recommended new Valve springs just in case.

Tape.

And the Vinyl was just sent over the mounting holes for the OE badge

I hesitate to use the word "exotic" but it has a very, very nice "pitch" from 4-7k at full WOT

And yes, Eric @ backstreet showed me an overlay of a HC+102mm FAST car vs mine. I made 2 more HP, but he had way more torque down low. He feels this cam would see 600+ with any intake manifold even with a stock TB, and likely 620+ with a 102mm, and 7500 RPM. But recommended new Valve springs just in case.

You should bring the car to Akron today....haha