Zip Tie Racing aquires a C6z???

coltboostin

I do love that gloss black tail panel. I'm shocked I don't see that on more cars with how good it looks.

Just a thought, if you are committed to LSR with the colt eventually, the C6Z might be a good reliable car to do your licensing runs in before had so that when the colt is eventually ready you can just aim and fire and not worry about Keith Turk or someone else denying your license and invalidating your run because you went 10mph over the target speed he asked you to hold.

No point in that at an ECTA event. Unless you stick to Texas or a 1/2-mile event you'll have to cage it over 135mph if Keith Turk and company are involved...lol.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE your car- If I didnt have (and still love) the 535i or could sell it quick I would absolutely buy it.

On that note- want to trade for a 535i that traps near 120mph? :)

Yeah I am surprised to see how hard they run with these mods- but as rowdy as this thing is, I believe it. Hard to describe, it comes into the power band LIKE it has notous! Feel like the power never stops climbing as it goes through the RPMs. I am assuming the monster cam is the factor there.

Rowing the gears wont be the issue. Buying a sticky tire and being willing to hammer it on the 60 foot will be. Seems like you need a 17' and a DR to get the 60-330 you need for a 10. Not many doing on a true street tire on the stock 19. I highly doubt I will do either before the Colt is done, tuned, and makes some test passes.

I'm listening......

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Same color as mine before I did the camo. C6Z is always a great buy. Throw in a flex fuel sensor and add some E85. Enjoy mid 600 whp NA.

mHaStNFl.jpg

Really that much of a gain being NA?

I'm still stuck on the fact that you sold the VR4 :/

Dude hit my "Buy it now" price. Nothing I could do but accept!

Can I get CR's opinion on 2 things?

1) Black wheels. Assume plasti dip matte black

2) flat black Z06 side badges. I loved the badge on stock cars- I think a flat black bade would look good on this. Not thats its drab now, I think it may just need a little somthin'

Like this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Z06-505-HP-EMBLEM-RED-MATTE-BLACK-ZO6-CORVETTE-FENDER-BADGE-DECAL-2PC-SET/131989162162?hash=item1ebb2ac8b2:g:OV4AAOSwcUBYGAJS:sc:USPSFirstClass!44011!US!-1

Can I get CR's opinion on 2 things?

1) Black wheels. Assume plasti dip matte black

2) flat black Z06 side badges. I loved the badge on stock cars- I think a flat black bade would look good on this. Not thats its drab now, I think it may just need a little somthin'

Like this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Z06-505-HP-EMBLEM-RED-MATTE-BLACK-ZO6-CORVETTE-FENDER-BADGE-DECAL-2PC-SET/131989162162?hash=item1ebb2ac8b2:g:OV4AAOSwcUBYGAJS:sc:USPSFirstClass!44011!US!-1

Nothing else black as an accent (especially matte/flat) will look good against that glossy black rear fascia treatment.

Nothing else black as an accent (especially matte/flat) will look good against that glossy black rear fascia treatment.

If your talking about the emblems hese go on the side.

http://www.motoringexposure.com/wp-content/gallery/hennessey-performance-hpe-700-supercharged-corvette-z06/hpe750-z06-badge.jpg

I'll clarify...I know where the emblems go, I just mean that anything else black on that car (from what I've seen) that isn't gloss black will look weird.

I think something small like emblems would be fine, but I would say that matt/flat black WHEELS would be a McSteak on that fine C6Z. If you're going to go with black wheels, I'd make them glossy to go with the large shiny expanses of black in the greenhouse and the back panel.

I'll clarify...I know where the emblems go, I just mean that anything else black on that car (from what I've seen) that isn't gloss black will look weird.

I think something small like emblems would be fine, but I would say that matt/flat black WHEELS would be a McSteak on that fine C6Z. If you're going to go with black wheels, I'd make them glossy to go with the large shiny expanses of black in the greenhouse and the back panel.

Ah that makes sense, and thinking about I agree! I def don't hate the chrome either. Even though there is no other Chrome- it seems to work on this car. Due to sizing it looks like there are no "cheap" wheel options either.

I LOVE your car- If I didnt have (and still love) the 535i or could sell it quick I would absolutely buy it.

On that note- want to trade for a 535i that traps near 120mph? :)

Yeah I am surprised to see how hard they run with these mods- but as rowdy as this thing is, I believe it. Hard to describe, it comes into the power band LIKE it has notous! Feel like the power never stops climbing as it goes through the RPMs. I am assuming the monster cam is the factor there.

Rowing the gears wont be the issue. Buying a sticky tire and being willing to hammer it on the 60 foot will be. Seems like you need a 17' and a DR to get the 60-330 you need for a 10. Not many doing on a true street tire on the stock 19. I highly doubt I will do either before the Colt is done, tuned, and makes some test passes.

You’ll have zero issues pulling a 10 second run with 19” drag radials. I put a 345 nitto nt-05r on the stock 19” wheel and ran a 10.9 at 134, and admittedly, i was not the best at launching that car. The big cam is what makes these cars nearly unstoppable from 80-150mph.

You’ll have zero issues pulling a 10 second run with 19” drag radials. I put a 345 nitto nt-05r on the stock 19” wheel and ran a 10.9 at 134, and admittedly, i was not the best at launching that car. The big cam is what makes these cars nearly unstoppable from 80-150mph.

That's good to know. Its been too cold since I picked it up to screw around much especially at low speed, but on the highway it does pull like it has a centrifugal blower on it. Its odd-the faster its going, the harder its pulling. The power band must look like the 45 deg angle of a carpenter's square :megusta:

. That C6 sounded amazing.

I dont want to say Im a fanboy, but man, there is a LOT to like with these cars.

Cam-and your mid 10s NA? Dafuq

I hated my car on matte black wheels

]

I agree- takes it from B.A. to BLAH. I like the offset with the Chrome. Unless some wheel pop up for dirty cheap-I wont be buying wheels for it.

BTW is that a Zr1 wing?

I dont want to say Im a fanboy, but man, there is a LOT to like with these cars.

Cam-and your mid 10s NA? Dafuq

I agree- takes it from B.A. to BLAH. I like the offset with the Chrome. Unless some wheel pop up for dirty cheap-I wont be buying wheels for it.

BTW is that a Zr1 wing?

It is, hydro-dipped. LS7 is a magical motor :fuckyeah: