New member.

JoeNova

Hi, I'm Joe. Someone on LS1Tech recommended I sign up on here. I didn't know this place existed. I was hoping to use the site to find autocross and road courses closer to me as I build my car.

I noticed that this is the only section of the forum I'm able to view, is there a way to get permission/access to view the rest?

Welcome to the site. Kilkare is in dayton for autox, CRP is a bit of a haul but decent for screwing around, and road courses you're going up to mid ohio or nelson ledges, or down to NCM.

Hope to see you out at some events

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing some pics of the ride(s)

Here is the car about 1 year ago. I had tossed it together just to have it running as a toy. In a few months, it'll be more of a race car than a toy.

80-fb_img_1496627839870_c23240a8ce32a0939ceb3985e2343b3b32668235.jpg

Welcome to the site. Kilkare is in dayton for autox, CRP is a bit of a haul but decent for screwing around, and road courses you're going up to mid ohio or nelson ledges, or down to NCM.

Hope to see you out at some events

I'm 30 mins from Kilkare. I'm there almost every weekend for drag racing stuff. Some friends started doing the drift events there last year, which I plan to join in this year. Cincy SCCA holds autocross events a couple of miles from me in the parking lot of a local flea market.

I've been around both Mid-Ohio and Nelson Ledges. Its been ~8 years or so. It seems like an opportunity to take one of my cars around Mid Ohio now will either only be available once a year or cost a fortune. Nelson Ledges isn't as bad but its a LONG trip.

Mid ohio track days are around $200-$250for a day, or $450ish for a weekend. There are dozens of events each year some clubs are more lax than others and offer slightly different experiences. Some here go often enough to give you advise on what tires/brakes/etc suit your needs and budget.

NL WAS cheap but is about $200ish/day after the repave. I would not recommend making the trip up there from where you're at unless you're really dedicated.

Usually one of the subforums will have a link to autox and HPDE events in ohio.

:wtf: WTF!!! You have a quad turbo corvette with an LS motor!!! How did you not start out with that info in your intro post! Welcome to the site. What kind of power are you making? What size are those turbos?

No idea on power. I was blowing through the converter last year, and had valve float at just over 4000 RPM, but I managed like 300 at the wheels on the dyno. Its a 240k mile 100% stock 4.8 on 8 PSI. I think it would have picked up 100 HP with just a converter/valve springs.

I had $3500 total invested in the car as of that picture last year.

-100% stock 4.8 long block.

-50mm quad turbos, gated at 8 PSI.

-TH400

-Microsquirt

-Fingerprint ignition (no keys)

I basically tossed in the engine/trans, cut the rear brake line and drained the fluid and was out doing donuts and burnouts in it for a few months last year. It'll nuke a set of tires really really quick.

Since then I've added..... just a few things.

-C6 Z06 wheels/tires

-C5 front brake upgrade.

-Power Stop Z26 rotors/pads on all 4 corners

-Kawasaki ZX10R coilovers front/rear (STUPID CHEAP coilover option)

-226/232 110 LSA cam.

-New valve springs

-New head gaskets

-Paddle shifters (Custom)

-Drift Brake

-PTC converter

-Traction Control (Custom)

-Wicked awesome boost controller (Custom)

-Dual AEM380 fuel pumps and flex fuel (sensor based, automatic based on %)

-Line lock

-So much more stuff that I will never remember.

Its stripped down bare in my garage right now. I'm painting it this week, caging it this weekend. New seats, 5-points, 70" rear wing with active aero (air brake + traction control), window nets, and some other hidden chassis goodies.

I have $8,111 invested in the car right now. I still have to figure out what to do about the transmission and rear differential, but I'd like to keep the budget below $10k for the entire project.

Very very cool project. Loved the Vette cart idea when I first saw it on Roadkill. This takes it a little further but still managed to stay dirt cheap somehow.

Interested to see all the bugs worked out to your satisfaction. Great job so far regardless!

Somebody introduce this guy to JP lol.

This takes it a little further but still managed to stay dirt cheap somehow.

Research and patience. Nothing is paid for unless I know its the best bang/buck. I do all of the design/fab/tuning. Once in a while I call in a favor, like having a buddy mount and balance my tires. Cost breakdown is pretty simple:

-Car: FREE. Paid $1500, parting out to break even.

-Engine: $200. Bought engine and trans together. Sold trans and wiring/PCM.

-Complete Turbo Setup: $1500. Most from ebay. Piping from Columbia River.

-Microsquirt: $390. Got the 8' generic harness. Got all of the connectors from spare harness.

-Fuel System: $500. Cell/lines/fittings/Pump/Injectors

-Parts to mount engine: $260. LS1 Pan, converter hub adapter, mount adapters

-Cooling: $285. Rad/hoses/belts/fans.

-Trans: $365. Turbo 400, yoke, converter, shifter.

Total: ~$3500.

Since then is a different story. I've bought $4600 worth of parts so far this year and it definitely shows.

• Casper unlocked this topic