The Condom Challenge

wagner

So what you're saying is that the mainstream media is reporting something that's not 100% true?

I would hardly call the NY Post "mainstream" media. It's kind of a known tabloid. It's like the "fox and friends" of newspapers, which probably explains why Rupert Murdoch owns it.

seriously, it's the paper the bridge and tunnel people read just for the gossip columns. Calling something in the post "news reporting" is like calling family guy a documentary on American life.

Either way, you still believed it without fact checking it.

Snopes :lolguy:

So what's the deal with people attacking snopes these days? it's a fact checker site and one that does a pretty good job by most reasonable metrics.

I must be getting old. I found myself saying out loud that we have no hope for the future. Wow. I've done stupid things, but usually if it was really dumb people didn't decide to join in by the thousands. Lemmings. Fucking falling off of the cliff one by one.

So what's the deal with people attacking snopes these days? it's a fact checker site and one that does a pretty good job by most reasonable metrics.

People who want to believe news stories that aren't true have decided they are biased (liberal) since they are further to the left of their own personal position (far right leaning).

I'll tell you what's hilarious....

It's the same story shared over and over again by the local affiliates. WCMH cites WOWK as it's source, WOWK cites KHOU, KHOU cites WCNC, WCNC cites the NBC Charlotte affiliate, which cites it's Fox local affiliate, and it just keeps going on and on and on. Apparently there is no actual author to this story, yet someone wrote it. This has been floating around news desks since 2013 and somehow it only becomes an issue recently because of tide pods.

And somehow most of the people reading this kind of stuff thinks nothing of it and doesn't fact check it at all, even though it is completely ridiculous.

I must be getting old. I found myself saying out loud that we have no hope for the future. Wow. I've done stupid things, but usually if it was really dumb people didn't decide to join in by the thousands. Lemmings. Fucking falling off of the cliff one by one.

I don't know you but I somehow doubt shoving a condom up your nose was on that list of stupid things you did as a kid ;) Kids today definitely top us back in the day for creativity in stupidity.

They need to dig up some better trends to bring back than this. I was always a fan of the gallon milk challenge, butt chugging, and repeating jack ass stunts.

I’d like to see holding a door open for folks challenge, Not cursing in public challenge, and pull your pants up challenge.

I’d like to see holding a door open for folks challenge, Not cursing in public challenge, and pull your pants up challenge.

Fucking LOL. :lol:

I was just saying at Easter brunch amongst family, "is there a way to require Alexa to only respond after you say "PLEASE"? I feel we're setting a terrible precedent for society". :D

That won't get you likes on snapchat or twitter.

When I worked in the legal field many of the younger people I had to deal with had that entitled mentality, it's only gotten worse over the years.