Fastest Car

Gergwheel1647545492

It's so-so. The kind of show you watch while doing something else, but the people on it are at least legit car people, even the supercar guys. I just wish they would stop calling everything a sleeper. A gutted/caged Camaro with an 8" cowl hood, 5" exhaust pipes sticking out the front fenders, and skinnies on the front is not a damn sleeper, just call it "supercars vs. normal drag cars."

It's so-so. The kind of show you watch while doing something else, but the people on it are at least legit car people, even the supercar guys. I just wish they would stop calling everything a sleeper. A gutted/caged Camaro with an 8" cowl hood, 5" exhaust pipes sticking out the front fenders, and skinnies on the front is not a damn sleeper, just call it "supercars vs. normal drag cars."

That douche that was driving the Chrome wrapped lambo was NOT a car guy at all. He was a total fucking moron.

Also i totally agree, watch it while you do something else is 100% accurate.

That douche that was driving the Chrome wrapped lambo was NOT a car guy at all. He was a total fucking moron.

He had a 442 back in the day, I mean his tastes are clearly not my tastes but he's definitely obsessed with cars.

My favorite moment so far is the kid in the borrowed Lambo who "learned how to drive on Youtube" and then won.

eta: Oh, spoilers, don't read this far down.

eta2: Viper guy was a bit of a douche too but honestly, I'm like 16 contestants in and the overall level of doucheness is so far much lower than Bullrun. It's not quite Street Outlaws but I don't watch that.

He had a 442 back in the day, I mean his tastes are clearly not my tastes but he's definitely obsessed with cars.

My favorite moment so far is the kid in the borrowed Lambo who "learned how to drive on Youtube" and then won.

eta: Oh, spoilers, don't read this far down.

eta2: Viper guy was a bit of a douche too but honestly, I'm like 16 contestants in and the overall level of doucheness is so far much lower than Bullrun. It's not quite Street Outlaws but I don't watch that.

yea good call on the 442, i did see that in one of the pics so i guess he is a car guy.... UGHHH!

Yea Viper dude was total douche level too. Never seen bullrun, so can't compare it to that.

I can't stomach "reality" (read, scripted) car shows. On Motor Trend, I skip rrrrrrright over those other programs.

At least with Roadkill, HRG, Dirt Every Day, etc....you're starting with a platform and a goal and neither are really right for each other. Start slapping parts and tools around and see where it goes. THAT'S a show I can get behind. :lol:

show was bad, but i couldn't not watch it...lambo guy used to have elise-so maybe likes cars-his gf was a mess like him. viper guy was clearly a mess-samurai sword and all-he and the dodge ram guy should be best buds. really wanted to see the rx-2 and datsun run...the rx might have done some damage to egos. haven't watched the last one, but the dry lake bed seems concering for launches.

I can't stomach "reality" (read, scripted) car shows. On Motor Trend, I skip rrrrrrright over those other programs.

At least with Roadkill, HRG, Dirt Every Day, etc....you're starting with a platform and a goal and neither are really right for each other. Start slapping parts and tools around and see where it goes. THAT'S a show I can get behind. :lol:

Yea, that's what I was worried about from the start. I simply CAN'T watch regular TV anymore. Nothing is interesting and every TV show today feels like a bad "Clickbait" link at the bottom of a web page. "YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS SIMPLE TRICK MOMS NEVER TOLD THEIR CHILDREN" or something relevant to this show... "YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS SIMPLE CAR TRICK THAT SLEEPERS HAVE KEPT SECRETE FOR YEARS! GUARANTEED TO BOOST HP!

At the end of the day, this is my problem with a lot of TV/Netflix shows. Clickbait is the way to go, and this entire show from the start is a cooked up concoction of dreams, tacos, and to much beer. Yes! I agree that the idea of the show is awesome, but NOT when it is so scripted to the point where it is unbelievable.

I remember the good'old days when the History Channel actually taught me something about History... rather then show a marathon of Pawn Stars on Presidents Day. I would love to see a marathon instead of Presidential history... but fuck me, right?