Recommend me a new/used suv

carl1647545492

Looking for a new or 1 or 2 yr old suv,open minded on brand although usually don't go domestic I just drove a Jeep Grand Cherokee and was digging it.liked the Pilot too but the used values on these are a few grand off new

Sweet spot around 30K ish would like leather and a few goodiesI'm just not familiar with what's decent and what's not,thanks

Edited by carl

Was it the 2015 SUV Pilot or the 16+ Mini-van pilot? I guess they are similar.

Id recommend a 4Runner if you are into the more 'actual-SUV' category. They are a lot smaller than those two, but you arent going to lose a boatload of value like a Cherokee likely would.

Not sure on your utility requirements, but we just got an '18 CR-V for the wife and like it a lot. Used 17s are tough to find and aren't much less than new at all.

Touring doesn't add a whole lot, so we got an EX-L. Amazed at the room inside and mileage so far, even with AWD.

Not sure on your utility requirements, but we just got an '18 CR-V for the wife and like it a lot. Used 17s are tough to find and aren't much less than new at all.

Touring doesn't add a whole lot, so we got an EX-L. Amazed at the room inside and mileage so far, even with AWD.

I was convinced we would buy a Crv too we drove a Pilot and it felt a lot smoother and you could do 4 up and drive for a few hours WAF was good too.

I absolutely love my Durango. Another one to consider is the Nissan rogue. I think it's severely underrated by others. I had one for a rental for almost a month. It was really nice and comfortable to the point j considered one

I hear nothing but great things on the Pilots. However, I just sold my STi and went to a 2015 Subaru Outback. It has been my wife's car for 3 years and I have secretly wanted it as mine. The MPG is around 30. Very roomy, and I can fit a ton of stuff from the hardware store in it. Resale holds good value and the maintenance is simple. If you decide on a new Subaru, let me know and I will get you $500 off from Subaru. Edited by Mojoe

Do the ecodiesels suffer the same reliability issues as the gas versions?
for whatever it's worth, at work we have almost 0 issues with grand cherokees across all trim lvls. Now cherokees on the other hand are nothing but issues... Edited by Turbs3000

Wife drives a '17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk that has been a great vehicle for the time we have it. It is the V6 model, but still does pretty good with the 8 speed transmission. Got 24 mpg on a trip down to FL loaded with 4 adults and luggage.

Real question is really what do you want out of the SUV? Size, status, towing, 4wd, 3rd row, etc?

We mainly went with the JGC because of the towing capacity as we are going to be purchasing a camper soon. 6,200 lbs with the V6 and 7,200 lbs with a V8 is the highest in it's class.

I hear nothing but great things on the Pilots. However, I just sold my STi and went to a 2015 Subaru Outback. It has been my wife's car for 3 years and I have secretly wanted it as mine. The MPG is around 30. Very roomy, and I can fit a ton of stuff from the hardware store in it. Resale holds good value and the maintenance is simple. If you decide on a new Subaru, let me know and I will get you $500 off from Subaru.

Thanks Joe.

I m planning on going in to the Subie store this weekend .

It's for her to drive and I think she wants some bling not towing or 3rd row.

I said lets go look at a Lexus 350 and she was all over that shit.

It's for your wife, then deff check out a lexus 350 or Cadillac SRX. off lease srx's sell faster than any vehicle we have and women absolutely love them. Or something in the acura rdx/mdx world Edited by Turbs3000