Recommend me a new/used suv

carl1647545492

Drove a 17 Rx 350 and the best thing I could say about it was the leather smell was nice ,driving and motor were lazy and dull although the styling is very in your face.

The Subaru Ascent isn't out yet until june,they have apparently pre sold half of them already.

Translation "your paying retail ++ " for the first year were selling these and I wonder how a 4 banger turbo will really be better than a 6 in a full size SUV? I know its a thing but 4000 lbs with people and stuff? Not sold at all but open to the idea.

Edited by carl

Two we liked were the Pilot and a older 2015 Bimmer X5 they both have all the basics down,good motor,nice interior feels good going down the road,especially the Bimmer.

People lease these and turn them in after 3 years when they start to need maintenance so the fave choice is the Pilot although the Bimmer was money

Edited by carl

I’ve got a coworker looking to get an Ascent to replace his Outback wagon; family guy with 3 kids.

Man, I’m surprised there’s not more press on these things. Subaru engineering, 7-passenger seating, more interior room than a Tahoe, fully loaded for less than $50k? Im not in that market but that sounds extremely competitive.

Yes, it’s a turbo-4...but auto transmissions these days will keep that thing in the power zone just fine for suburban driving.