New Corvette ZR-1

Versluis

Went down to the Bash at the national Corvette Museum with my dad this week. When we pulled in today I saw an entire line of ZR-1’s lined up. Took some photos and a video of a cold start. There were two brand new ZR-1’s on the track today as well by actual owners.

Did some “parade” laps with my dads C7 and it was a blast. Got to also ride in the leader car which was a C5 Z06. This car was awesome. It went around the track great and made my face pull with the corners.

We also met the owner of Adams Polishes and he worked on my dad’s Corvette to get some tar off the clear bra.

Enjoy the photos.

3e753fefeab6d298d4992b340a80cf77.jpg

cb539be53bbb9cc25761b9fa826e53ed.jpg

4a4067bb002b32826a686a560c7c1e2f.jpg

a92b8a174f55fce50688f9426c7a0dd6.jpg

6574815d37d98f7d36e84b67d85530b4.jpg

c5276a8ed3ad8e7e1f83a4a1e129d3f1.jpg

8286878c0de44d0f7deea79f7f3b38d9.jpg

76f008d3356b9a71129c87b545317d01.jpg

7b916e3352ecf1b4af8c0d5f0b276a51.jpg

fb07df79171010473664f56c85602d6a.jpg

c17da649b88d284ae2c8680a3f7f7ec1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will say that these cars look incredible. I miss my c6z. will wait to see how good these cars perform, how easily they take to mods, and most importantly, reliability.

Love the looks of that dark blue with the low spoiler.

Not sure if you were in the other thread but dude took a new ZR1 with the auto with no mods but DRs and ran 10.1. They are in the 10s with no mods.

To Kirk and Casey's points...I'm surprised at myself how the ZR1 has reinvigorated my desire for Corvette. I also think a ZR1 starting at $120k is a screaming deal considering the competition....especially now that the Viper is dead. I wouldn't be surprised if these go for over MSRP similar to other exotics like the Ford GT.

Any word whether the ZR1 will be offered with a targa top?

I've been fantasizing on other "attainable" dream cars down the road - Lotus Evora, Porsche 911 Turbo, Audi R8, etc. - but will definitely keep an eye on C7 Z06/ZR1 used prices in future years. :thumbup:

Any word whether the ZR1 will be offered with a targa top?

As far as I know clay, if it isn't a convertible then it is a targa. There aren't "fixed roof" cars like they did with the c5 z06 fixed roof coupe.

I have to say, I am not thrilled by any of the colors of the new Zr1. I don't know why.

I wonder if the new car will finally bring down the prices on the c6 Zr1s which are still over $60k 10 years later.

As far as I know clay, if it isn't a convertible then it is a targa. There aren't "fixed roof" cars like they did with the c5 z06 fixed roof coupe.

I have to say, I am not thrilled by any of the colors of the new Zr1. I don't know why.

I wonder if the new car will finally bring down the prices on the c6 Zr1s which are still over $60k 10 years later.

Clay - they are all targas unless you get a vert. They were showing how to take the top out with the spoiler.

Geeto - they are the same colors you can get on a non zr1. There are not specific colors to the zr1. Lots to choose from with a lot of different spec out options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not too hard to find decent C6 ZR1s in the low 50s now, C6 Z06s are low 30s and occasionally 20 for a crack head deal

:gabe:

I got to drive a new Z06. Very, very nice! But, I could feel the depreciation leaving the tailpipe. His car payment is also more than my PI mortgage payment.

As nice as it was, it didn't leave me wanting "more". I think a lot of the niceness of newer cars is all the gadgets that used to be luxury-only options-likely to make people ok with having it as our only car? IDK. Also as well as the auto worked, I still want a clutch in my "toy" car.

Very nice, but I was very happy waggin' tail in my c6z leaving his place. :)

Clay - they are all targas unless you get a vert. They were showing how to take the top out with the spoiler.

That is fucking fantastic. As a convertible fan, I loved the Viper ACR package but has a sad that it was only a couple (for obvious reasons). The fact that every variety of the C7 all the way up to the ZR1 can be had in targa or vert bodystyles is great.

Love it!

As nice as it was, it didn't leave me wanting "more". I think a lot of the niceness of newer cars is all the gadgets that used to be luxury-only options-likely to make people ok with having it as our only car? IDK. Also as well as the auto worked, I still want a clutch in my "toy" car.

Very nice, but I was very happy waggin' tail in my c6z leaving his place. :)

You love the C6Z partially because of the deal you got on it. It's part of the overall feeling with me and my cars; WE'RE THE SAME, YOU AND I. :)

My love for the Corvette is that it's still a looker, performer, handler...yet not exotically-priced. I'd NEVER pay sticker for a 'Vette, but 10-year old ones still offer a ton of car for the dough.

You love the C6Z partially because of the deal you got on it. It's part of the overall feeling with me and my cars; WE'RE THE SAME, YOU AND I. :)

My love for the Corvette is that it's still a looker, performer, handler...yet not exotically-priced. I'd NEVER pay sticker for a 'Vette, but 10-year old ones still offer a ton of car for the dough.

Stock vs. Stock it would not even be a conversation, so my observation is quite skewed I admit.

Stock vs. Stock it would not even be a conversation, so my observation is quite skewed I admit.

The C6Z is still one of the nastiest stock vehicles overall. It was the bar that we measured against and to be honest, is still a car to compare to.

• 2 weeks later...
https://jalopnik.com/watch-the-new-corvette-zr1-dust-a-dodge-demon-at-the-dr-1825809854

Did the ZR1 just SMOKE a Demon? [emoji38] hype went away a little quicker than it came on.

Lol when a demon runs an 11.6 it's probably not the cars fault...

I've never driven a demon but have driven a number of hellcats and vettes and the vettes in my opinion feel so much more planted and I felt better connected to the car which led to a more enjoyable experience. There is a lot about the challanger/charger I just don't love.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I hate the colors on these things. They need to add a matte grey or matte black option and I’d buy one tomorrow. One knock on the vette is that you can’t tell whether it’s a base model ‘15, a stingray, a grand sport, a z06, z07, or zr1. Aside from ricey wings, diffusers and badging.

One knock on the vette is that you can’t tell whether it’s a base model ‘15, a stingray, a grand sport, a z06, z07, or zr1. Aside from ricey wings, diffusers and badging.

Agree 100%

Admit it or not, when you paying for and driving a Supercar, you want everyone to know it. Only "car guys" can distinguish a Zr1 from a base model if both passed in normal traffic.

Even my 4 year old will see a Huracan from a mile away. ;)

Jp and Clay,

I agree with you both.. corvettes are amazing especially once the deprecation has set in and you can own an incredible car for a great price. It will be interesting when they release the mid- engine vette to see what it will come with. As it is hard for the ZR1 to compete with the exclusivity and sheer attention grabbing of these other exotic and "hyper" cars.