Dodge Demon 1/4 mile times/mods

Mallard

2.65 upper pulley

Injectors

E-85

Tuned with HPTuners

Hasn't dyno'd yet, but claimed a 2.85 pulley and race gas put down 915rwhp.

9.313 @ 149.1 MPH (apparently not using trans brake yet)62c03850c652c18392e7f43ca426c863.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Just wrote a story on this car, very impressive for what it is. These will be eight-second factory cars with a few bolt ons and a tune.

Now, there's no way in HELL I would be going that quick/fast without a roll cage, but that's just me...

factory weight is about 4200lbs, I wonder if there are extra weight savings people are doing to these cars as well or are they just running them out of the box?

That's a very fast brick. We live in the best of times.

I will tell you these cars drive themselves and are really easy to control. Key is to have a good set of tires and not be an idiot if you lose traction. But that’s true even if the car has 400hp.

As far as weight reduction, there really isn’t a lot you can do sadly. I’ve done a bunch of research on this as I want to lighten up the Hellcat and the Demon, and there certainly isn’t any cost effective ways. $2200 for new rotors to save 22#, $700 for a battery to save 30#. Your standard stuff like lighter weight rims, once piece carbon fiber drive shaft and that’s where it stops. The suspension pieces aren’t heavy, nobody makes a different engine cradle that could possibly save 100# like the older cars. It’s just a heavy car. Gotta make up for that with power!

Mush is a good guy, talked to him at Challenger Fest. He’ll probably put on a 2.5 pulley next or a different lower. That will give him another 100hp and should be knocking on 8s. That’s my plan. 2.65/Lower/E85 and cut all the weight I can. My hope is 8.90’s and drive it too and from the track.

Oh... transbreak is a gimmick. Completely useless.

factory weight is about 4200lbs, I wonder if there are extra weight savings people are doing to these cars as well or are they just running them out of the box?

That's a very fast brick. We live in the best of times.

Running them out of the box. Only mod I missed above was the deleted the cats.

Why?

So it doesnt take 1000+ wheel hp to see high 140s trap speed. The 915 wheel was on a bigger blower pulley and race gas. Now it has an even smaller pulley and e85. Over 1000 wheel. Just a simple game of power to weight.

Saw one today in Westerville, it was orange and that thing looked awesome.

That was probably me. I think I saw you, had a couple kids in the back of your Mustang?

Just finished bedding the new break pads. The stock ones were out of control with the break dust.

I have to say it.

Those fender flairs looked downright stupid with skinnys, horrible.

Good time though.

The flares look better in person, but far from good. I looked into finding a better skinny solution that didn’t have them tucked so far in, but anything would require a spacer and longer wheel studs. Plus when the wheels are tucked in, it does throw less rocks down the side of the car. So, I’ll just deal with it.

I have to say it.

Good time though.

Looks like Johnny Bravo. Big upper body with tiny legs...it looks horrible. Definitely serves a purpose and I'm ok with it because of that alone.

That was probably me. I think I saw you, had a couple kids in the back of your Mustang?

Just finished bedding the new break pads. The stock ones were out of control with the break dust.

Yep, we were going to the in laws for dinner. Car is gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So it doesnt take 1000+ wheel hp to see high 140s trap speed. The 915 wheel was on a bigger blower pulley and race gas. Now it has an even smaller pulley and e85. Over 1000 wheel. Just a simple game of power to weight.

Understood but my point is it's a factory car that runs a stupid time. Does it really NEED to weigh 1K less? It's not a built drag car.

I just think it's damn impressive as is. That's all.

I have to say it.

Good time though.

The flares look better in person, but far from good. I looked into finding a better skinny solution that didn’t have them tucked so far in, but anything would require a spacer and longer wheel studs. Plus when the wheels are tucked in, it does throw less rocks down the side of the car. So, I’ll just deal with it.
Gotta keep the car street legal with the 305's all around. Sure, they could have stayed narrower on the front, but the point was you swap the skinnies and have 2 sets of tires for the rear at the track.

Understood but my point is it's a factory car that runs a stupid time. Does it really NEED to weigh 1K less? It's not a built drag car.

I just think it's damn impressive as is. That's all.

Hell yes its impressive as is. We are on the same page now. It's a factory built car that is meant for drag racing, but seems to be awfully cozy to drive on the street too. Times must be tough for people to find problems with a production car that runs low 10s/high 9s stock. Low 9s with not much more.

Hell yes its impressive as is. We are on the same page now. It's a factory built car that is meant for drag racing, but seems to be awfully cozy to drive on the street too. Times must be tough for people to find problems with a production car that runs low 10s/high 9s stock. Low 9s with not much more.
And of you're not into drag racing as much, get a Widebody Hellcat :)