I got a new Mustang

Aaron

I had my 2015 Mustang GT Performance Package for roughly 3 years and 34,600 miles. It was an absolute blast. It was my first meaningful foray into RWD and V8, and being a manual fanboy it was a 6MT. It did it all as my one and only car, 10ish HPDEs at Mid Ohio (personal best of 1:38.9), 1 at Nelson Ledges, and about 3 seasons of autocross. It'll go down as my second favorite car:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r247/A4SHO/P1020348%20copy%20web_zpsndkkdclo.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r247/A4SHO/Mobile%20Uploads/_DSC6679_zps4emtn5ht.jpg

I found a deal I absolutely couldn't refuse Friday evening. Most dealers in central Ohio are still trying to get over MSRP, and the used market is crazy too. 2 year old 2016s getting just $6,500 off MSRP, and 1 year old 2017s getting just 4k off MSRP. Luckily I found this "leftover" 2017 (build date July 20, 2017) on Autotrader for MSRP. I quickly jumped over to the actual dealership website (Bill Marine Ford in Wilmington, Ohio) and noticed it showed the price as MSRP minus $4,500!!! I called immediately and booked an appointment for 10AM Saturday morning. Well, I was excited, got there at 9:30, and was driving this home 3 hours later. It's a 2017 Lightning Blue GT350 with one option, Over-The-Top Racing Stripe White Stripe W/Black Accent for $475 (and the $1,300 gas guzzler tax).

yUEvve1.jpg?1

RzTE3BZ.jpg1

8x7bn6l.jpg?1

I drove it all over yesterday, put something like 150 miles on it. Then I washed it and packed it up for it's first autocross today (no on track pics).

ChjwEvo.jpg?1

blWx70J.jpg?1

5uGcqXR.jpg?1

2oYJHlD.jpg?1

vTYJ8SF.jpg?1

lz3m9XE.jpg?1

It was sitting on their showroom for 10 months, so it needs some big time love from Tim (PM/text incoming). Other than that, it's an absolute beast of a car. Feels like a world class sports car. It's sitting in the garage dirty and abused with about 250 miles on it now. Great weekend!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice! Looks great. :thumbup:

How does it compare to your '15? What are the differences? I'm assuming it's a completely different engine/trans/suspension/everything? Comparable to a Camaro ZL1?

Beautiful car, Aaron. And I love the color. :masturboy:

Thanks Doc. I didn't get any good pictures of it's best attribute, the front end.

I was holding my breath hoping you'd like the color :)

Awesome catch! Looks great. The GT350 is a hell of a car.

Thanks Draco, love it so far.

Beautiful and sounds great. Well bought and it'll only get faster as it breaks in.

Thanks bud, you need to drive it one of these days.

It feels WAY faster than the orangestang, probably due to the glorious exhaust note, sounding fast=is fast.

Very nice! Looks great. :thumbup:

How does it compare to your '15? What are the differences? I'm assuming it's a completely different engine/trans/suspension/everything? Comparable to a Camaro ZL1?

I'm still in the honeymoon phase having just bought it, but it's pretty incredible. An easy way to explain the difference is saying the GT is a sporty car and the GT350 is a sports car. It feels like a complete car, every detail thought out extremely well and working together perfectly. The GT was like 75% of a complete car, some things hamstrung on purpose to appeal to a wide range of buyers, but still able to lay some smackdown when pushed.

5.2 flat plane crank V8, 526hp 429tq, 8,250 redline, tremec 3160 transmission, wider front end, lower hood and bumper, magneride, active exhaust, 6 piston front, 4 piston rear brakes. Etc.

This competes with the SS 1LE as the track focused offering. The ZL1 is more of a monster daily driver type car capable of a few laps on a road course. They're cross shopped due to price, but not by anyone looking for a track car.

I'm still in the honeymoon phase having just bought it, but it's pretty incredible. An easy way to explain the difference is saying the GT is a sporty car and the GT350 is a sports car. It feels like a complete car, every detail thought out extremely well and working together perfectly. The GT was like 75% of a complete car, some things hamstrung on purpose to appeal to a wide range of buyers, but still able to lay some smackdown when pushed.

5.2 flat plane crank V8, 526hp 429tq, 8,250 redline, tremec 3160 transmission, wider front end, lower hood and bumper, magneride, active exhaust, 6 piston front, 4 piston rear brakes. Etc.

This competes with the SS 1LE as the track focused offering. The ZL1 is more of a monster daily driver type car capable of a few laps on a road course. They're cross shopped due to price, but not by anyone looking for a track car.

:cool:

Ah, that dream car purchase. All the feels for you aaron.

Thanks man, I'm excited.

Damn nice pick up.

Thanks.

Gorgeous, just absolutely amazing. Congrats

Thanks.

I’m incredibly happy and excited for you and can’t wait to ride in this thing around a track somewhere. This is going to be a beast when piloted by you

Blue is meh.

Thanks Andy. It's been a long time coming and I'm really excited. I'm still kind of in shock about it all. The blue looks good in person, and it being a heritage racing scheme (white with blue stripes and blue with white stripes) I'm actually really liking it so far.

Just watched a few comparison and POV vids. No need at all for a stereo in that beast.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

Damn right and it's a good thing too because the radio is terrible.

Well bought!

Lovely cars.

Thanks.

I guess you broke it in right lol.

Sweet ride!

I break all my cars in hard and it hasn't failed me yet. We shall see how this goes as these like to drink the 5w50.

Very, very cool. Needs nothing.

Whole reason I got it. I was sick and tired of modding my GT all the time trying to get to "the next level." And after having this I can tell you it was a fools errand, nothing could make a GT drive like this.