Prime Day

Sully

Amazon Prime Day has started. Is there anything you have been watching and waiting for the price to drop? What are you buying?

I've been wanting some sort of security system for my house, but there's so many obstacles. Power for the cameras, cost of the equipment, cost for cloud service, etc. I saw these a couple weeks ago. Figured I'd wait until Prime Day to see if the price dropped. Sure enough, went from $130 per unit, to $75 for 1 camera with receiver. It's $85 per additional camera (which doesn't make sense, really). Or you can buy a 5-camera kit for $tree fiddy.

True, these aren't as powerful as a system with wired power, but I think they'll be good enough for what I'm wanting to accomplish.

https://www.amazon.com/Blink-Home-Security-Detection-Included/dp/B06XZWHBJ4/ref=pd_ybh_a_2?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=3XAAZCYYR36JACFYQDVN&th=1

Interesting, I also would like to get one or 2 cameras. We will only be in this house another 8ish months so don't want to get anything too serious.

We are also looking for 1 (possibly 2) kids tablets

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

The wife needed a protective lens and case for her phone, so I added those to my 3-camera Blink XT system order. When I went to checkout, Amazon offered me $60 off my order if I apply for their credit card and get approved. Even with the extras for the wife, cost was $220. :D

However, it looks like I won't get my camera system for about a month. :mad:

Has one of the largest cloud data centers in the world, still get 404 errors.

yup wife works in Etna fulfillment center. Internally the system went down also buwhahahahaha.

Can you replace those batteries after they die?

Yes, they are AA batteries. There is a light indicator on the camera that will turn red, i think, to indicate low battery. Also, if you run the app on your phone, you'll get notified there when the batteries are low.

The wife needed a protective lens and case for her phone, so I added those to my 3-camera Blink XT system order. When I went to checkout, Amazon offered me $60 off my order if I apply for their credit card and get approved. Even with the extras for the wife, cost was $220. :D

However, it looks like I won't get my camera system for about a month. :mad:

I considered signing up for the credit card as well until I read the reviews. The first 6 reviews were all 1 star. Sounds like their is an issue with purchases being rejected for no apparent reason. So I passed.

I considered signing up for the credit card as well until I read the reviews. The first 6 reviews were all 1 star. Sounds like their is an issue with purchases being rejected for no apparent reason. So I passed.

I've been using an Amazon store card for a little over a year with no issues. 5% back on Amazon purchases (sold by Amazon or an approved vendor).

I've been using an Amazon store card for a little over a year with no issues. 5% back on Amazon purchases (sold by Amazon or an approved vendor).

Same here, i only use it for amazon purchages and i love it. every year i get to spend the rewards on something i really want, so its a nice treat!