Noise in 2014 Mustang

PRD2BDF

My best friend has a 2014 Mustang V6 with the performance package. He is a 30% car guy. Doesn't know much about cars at all but likes sporty cars, so there's that.

Anyway, I typically do the care on the Mustang for him because I like to and I know it'll be done right. I was changing the oil for him the other day and he was complaining of a noise in the back and asked me to find it.

I'll pause for the irony.

Okay, he reports that it makes a noise every time he hits a bump, he describes it as a rattling noise. I've gone over the aftermarket exhaust to check for inferences or shiny spots where it may have hit. There was none to be found. He jumped on the door sill up and down and you can hear it (obviously I can't) but I can feel it. I cannot pinpoint where it is.

It has about 98k miles on it so my first thought was shocks since the noise only occurs when a bump is hit. I don't see any signs of weeping or bouncing more than once when a bump is hit.

Any help?