Best place for wheel balancing ???

TTQ B4U

CR Peeps.....what shop/techs you know for sure are skilled beyond just the basics on wheel balancing.

I've had my Q50 to the dealer twice and they haven't been reliable at removing the slight out of balance I'm feeling in the car. Seems to be coming from the rear.

Took it to Discount Tire on Sawmill just south of 161 and it's way way better but it still feels as if there's about .5oz or so out somewhere. Even they had to do all four wheels twice though which is beyond me why given they were all road-forced balanced. How could it read "ok" then after a test drive down 315S on smooth road and a return trip they find one wheel off by .75oz.

I'm always hesitant to have them mess with all four at once for that reason.

Looking to find a reliable shop that doesn't seem to be guessing or have equipment that's not calibrated right...which is what the Sawmill location pretty much said "given their machines aren't new" is what they said....

Thanks!

As far as being off balance after returning. Could be a couple things. Could be the way theyre mounting the wheels on the tire balancer. Also may have issues with tires slipping on wheels. Mark the tire at the valve stem. Drive it and see it the mark still lines up with the valve stem. 14-up silverados had issues with this, im sure theyre not the only vehicle out there to do this.

The North End Wrench - see Sean (Crossle). Dave the owner updates his equipment on a regular basis. They do a lot of high end and race wheels. Some of the new computerized machines are "too accurate" and will want to keep adding small weights that aren't really needed. An experienced user will know how to place weight to accommodate the machines sensitivity for a good result.

As far as being off balance after returning. Could be a couple things. Could be the way theyre mounting the wheels on the tire balancer. Also may have issues with tires slipping on wheels. Mark the tire at the valve stem. Drive it and see it the mark still lines up with the valve stem. 14-up silverados had issues with this, im sure theyre not the only vehicle out there to do this.

That's slippage on the wheel is what I think happened. The car is AWD and I'm not gonna lie, I have fun with it and the added power. From a dig she scoots and I think a tire may have slipped thus why it seems to be the back wheels. Right now I have money on the back passenger side tire being out a bit.

The North End Wrench - see Sean (Crossle). Dave the owner updates his equipment on a regular basis. They do a lot of high end and race wheels. Some of the new computerized machines are "too accurate" and will want to keep adding small weights that aren't really needed. An experienced user will know how to place weight to accommodate the machines sensitivity for a good result.

Perfect!