Anyone here use HULU $39mo and up plan?

TTQ B4U

AT&T worked for us since last June but lately has been giving us fits pixelating, etc. and they've had a number of techs out to our home. Today was the last visit, as if it's not fixed and perhaps even if it is, I'm seriously thinking of dropping cable and simply moving to something like Hulu. Looking at their line up and the offering is pretty compelling. When I know I'll have time I may take them upon their free week of service to see.

I have 60mb down with WOW and have had it for years and it's fine for streaming movies, etc. No bandwidth or speed issues, etc. Just a minor hiccup now and then but it usually resolves quickly.

Anyway, insight appreciated as we have new Roku and amazon devices and services just about everywhere given smart TV's in our home are all up to date too.

I had HULU live for a while last year and the service was awful. We have very steady internet and HULU live would constantly stutter, buffer, and drop the feeds when watching live programming.

I also hate HULU's interface in general.

We haven't had cable in well over a decade. Have NF, mom's log in for Amazon Prime, and brothers log in for the Hulu package you mentioned. We have your basic Spectrum internet. Never had an issue really. I watched college and pro football all weekend on Hulu without problem both on my laptop and on our TV.

Haven’t tried the live stuff through Hulu, but we’ve been using Sling all year without issue. Cut out Directv and haven’t missed it at all. Curious what other live TV services people like. I had YouTube TV for a short trial but didn’t like the channel options as much as Sling.

I have Hulu just as a $9.99 service and it sucks balls.

I have had Sling for 2 years ($24.99 a month) and have zero complaints. I'll be dropping Hulu and picking it back up for Handmail's Tale, but otherwise, I would pass on their main stream.

Sounds like it's hit or miss regardless. Ugh.....

Will wait and try them out next week.

Well, you're going to get a variety of opinions. Everyone has different experiences and prefers diff shows/options. It's like when someone asks what vehicle CR would buy. The answer is, "one of these 47."

Well, you're going to get a variety of opinions. Everyone has different experiences and prefers diff shows/options. It's like when someone asks what vehicle CR would buy. The answer is, "one of these 47."

I know. Up-time experience and quality of signal, etc. is what I'm looking at most. I can read a channel line up and figure that part out.

Good news is so far the AT&T Shit is working but that may change tonight once I'm actually going to watch the news or something.

Currently have 100MB service thru Spectrum in a semi-congested area but I seem to get good results on speedtest.net even during peak hours. We have Hulu live TV and are big fans. No buffering/stuttering/drops at all. Ping when I play rocket league is usually 40ms when not streaming, anywhere from 60-120 when streaming. This is based on about a 1 month sample.

I want to get rid of cable, but sports.

...so watch sports.

We haven't had cable in well over a decade. Have NF, mom's log in for Amazon Prime, and brothers log in for the Hulu package you mentioned. We have your basic Spectrum internet. Never had an issue really. I watched college and pro football all weekend on Hulu without problem both on my laptop and on our TV.

We were fine with Hulu's content, but had issues with streaming intermittently. Same issues with Directv now, currently have YouTube tv on the same internet plan with no issues at all.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

We have Hulu live and love it. The best thing we ever did though was hardwire the tvs to the modem instead of depending on wifi to stream. We have no issues now. Between Hulu, Netflix and a digital antennae, we have everything we need, including all sporting events we want to watch.

We have Hulu live and love it. The best thing we ever did though was hardwire the tvs to the modem instead of depending on wifi to stream. We have no issues now. Between Hulu, Netflix and a digital antennae, we have everything we need, including all sporting events we want to watch.

Good to hear. I have my main TV and Roku and Computer all hard-wired as I agree that it eliminates issues.

We currently have 60mb down and have no issues but are moving to Spectrum with 400mb down soon. Wireless isn't an issue here as I've had a Linksys Velop network running. I get full speed in the garage, patio, anywhere on the property.

I'll be testing out Hulu once we move to Spectrum.

Good to hear. I have my main TV and Roku and Computer all hard-wired as I agree that it eliminates issues.

We currently have 60mb down and have no issues but are moving to Spectrum with 400mb down soon. Wireless isn't an issue here as I've had a Linksys Velop network running. I get full speed in the garage, patio, anywhere on the property.

I'll be testing out Hulu once we move to Spectrum.

Since when does spectrum offer 400?

Also, the minimum on WOW is 100mbit now I think...call and get free bump.

Since when does spectrum offer 400?

not sure. install is Friday.

Also, the minimum on WOW is 100mbit now I think...call and get free bump.

I'm done with WOW. the above is $64mo so I'm going to try Spectrum.

I want to get rid of cable, but sports.

We dropped direct over a year ago and overall it's been awesome. This is my one and only complaint though. I've yet to figure out a solid sports replacement. Kodi sucks for live sports.

Good luck with that. Those mother fuckers did everything they could to try to lose my business when I called a few weeks ago to try to get bumped up.

"Give me something for free"

"No"

"CLEARLY YOU DON'T VALUE MY BUSINESS"

America, everyone.

"No"

America, everyone.

I kind of agree...but there are also companies that know you don't have a choice but to use their services, so they fuck you over and don't use lube. Think about companies like Columbia gas...really, where are you getting alternative energy? They can do what they want with no repercussions.

"No"

America, everyone.

Ok I’ll agree on most circumstances, but when you start advertising something better as your starting speed and then refuse to give it to your existing customers that’s bad business. If I was told I had an old router or something that I’d need to get replaced or something would need done, then just tell me how we get it done and move on.

I tried the WOW Upgrade to 100mb from our current 60mb but they gave me a hard time, etc. and went through the BS pitches and reason why they couldn't, etc. but I didn't really push as I was leaving anyway but it really just a nail in the coffin. They didn't give a crap until I called them to set up the cancellation. Even then they never "offered" anything. Spectrum has been bugging us for over a year and bent over to get us up and running with them. I put them off a week but they were ready to install us the next day.