What to know about C6 corvettes?

Bam

They are all targas or convertibles, the fixed roof coupes were only the C5.

IIRC these cars had cooling system issues and would overheat when run hard. Take a look for any signs of an overheat like replaced head gaskets, gunk in the coolant, etc...

Are you sure? I've never heard that

Google it, it's a common problem esp with the earlier C6 cars. Every corvette forum has at least half a dozen posts on it. Something to do with bad fan relays or something.

IIRC these cars had cooling system issues and would overheat when run hard. Take a look for any signs of an overheat like replaced head gaskets, gunk in the coolant, etc...

I think you are referring to the Z06 version with the LT4 (supercharged). I am not aware of any issues with the LT1 in the GS,but I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think you are referring to the Z06 version with the LT4 (supercharged). I am not aware of any issues with the LT1 in the GS,but I could be wrong.

the LT4 Z06 I think had cooling problems as well due to the c7's bodywork, but I think the c6 had them too for a completely different reason related to something electrical. Cordell would know more since he's actually a GM tech and I am just going off what happened to a friend of mine with a c6.

the LT4 Z06 I think had cooling problems as well due to the c7's bodywork, but I think the c6 had them too for a completely different reason related to something electrical. Cordell would know more since he's actually a GM tech and I am just going off what happened to a friend of mine with a c6.

I missed it was a C6...my bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry but not quite, he said C6s not C7s. The C6 Z06 is a fixed roof only, that changed in the C7. I have fixed a few melted wiring harnesses on C6s keeping the fans from working, ask Tom I fixed his, however C7 Z06s were the ones overheating on track when run hard.

They also say watch for rear end whine and harmonic balancer wobble.

I have an 09 and it's rock solid.

One more thing I believe the GS is a dry sump so it will make oil changes a bit tricker

There are 2 drain plugs, nothing tricky about it.

yeah but if you don't know that ..yikes..I read on CF that someone took their car in for an oil change and they didn't drain the main and then over filled it and toasted the engine.

If you take your Corvette to Walmart for an oil change then maybe you should buy a new engine. I realize it’s tough to find qualified people but come on, a little common sense goes a long way.

C6z or bust. ‘09 or newer. Sad, i didn’t have time to drive mine and traded it in with 15k miles. It’s changed hands a few more times. Add and cam and some easy beadwork and they are just plain nasty. Mine trapped mid 130’s and I’m an amateur.

yeah but if you don't know that ..yikes..I read on CF that someone took their car in for an oil change and they didn't drain the main and then over filled it and toasted the engine.

Pretty sure you’re referring to the famous story where they put oil into the odd shaped valve cover plug instead of the dry sump canister, and it basically hydro locked the motor. I’m almost certain that occurred at a dealership. Guess what? There are retards among us constantly, and you’d be amazed what responsibilities they are given.

Sorry but not quite, he said C6s not C7s. The C6 Z06 is a fixed roof only, that changed in the C7. I have fixed a few melted wiring harnesses on C6s keeping the fans from working, ask Tom I fixed his, however C7 Z06s were the ones overheating on track when run hard.

But geeto r ad it on the internet and passed it along , because he knows it. How could he be misinformed about something he has no experience with? Geeto is his own CNN