New truck deals

-Alex-

I’m in the market for a new truck. My only real requirements are that it’s a crew cab and 4wd. Really just interested in full size trucks, but I kinda like the Tacomas also. Anybody know of any good deals? The best I’ve found so far is Coughlin has huge discounts ($14k) off 2018 Silverados. I absolutely hate the 2019 GM trucks, so having an “old” body style is actually a plus to me. I wouldn’t be opposed to a lightly used truck, but from what I’ve seen, the price difference between used and new isn’t much, and I’d guess the financing would better with new.

5.5’ bed works for me. I rarely need to haul anything that wouldn’t fit in that, but use a bed enough that I “need” a truck. Need the crew cab for 2 kids and the associated shit that comes with them, 4wd because the house we moved into last year is on top of a hill that is a private drive and doesn’t get treated in winter.

Right on! Those prices are damn good

Yep. The Z71s are what I’m leaning towards, not a fan of the chrome treatment on the Silverados and I think a level and some wheels would make a big difference. Just wanted to make sure there weren’t any similars deals on other brands before I pull the trigger. I assume the big markdowns are mostly because it’s an outgoing design on top of them being a leftover 2018. I’ve found F-150s and Ram 1500s cheaper, but they were stripped down fleet type trucks.

You are right, something like this does seem like a decent deal....They are going for about the same used

https://www.coughlincirclevillegm.com/new-Columbus-2018-Chevrolet-Silverado+1500-LT-3GCUKREC1JG605631

Do this one since you've got your kids. Those double cabs don't really have the leg room in the back.

you can get a 2.7tt crew cab f150 stx in that 34 range comparing to a 5.3 chevy its quicker to 60, faster 1/4, tows better, gets better gas mileage, and the stx package gives you an 8" touch screen and 20" wheels... i may be biased but so is the rest of america if you look at new truck sales

you can get a 2.7tt crew cab f150 stx in that 34 range comparing to a 5.3 chevy its quicker to 60, faster 1/4, tows better, gets better gas mileage, and the stx package gives you an 8" touch screen and 20" wheels... i may be biased but so is the rest of america if you look at new truck sales

I’ve seen them in the mid 30s, but the interior just seems to look super cheap compared to the GM trucks. Also, I know it’s weird, but I prefer monochrome on the Silverados but like the chrome on the F150s, so not a big fan of the STX trucks.

^ this. I also prefer my steering wheel centered. :)

Not new, but saw this deal today:

2018 Silverado 1500 LT double cab, 32k miles with 5.3/6spd auto - $27,900

https://www.jetautogroup.com/used/Chevrolet/2018-Chevrolet-Silverado+1500-3c32baec0a0e0ae82753831c86804cbe.htm

This is the exact thing I ran into that caused me to go new. 1/3 year old trucks were 2/5k less than what I could buy brand new for.. so I went new

I’ve seen them in the mid 30s, but the interior just seems to look super cheap compared to the GM trucks. Also, I know it’s weird, but I prefer monochrome on the Silverados but like the chrome on the F150s, so not a big fan of the STX trucks.

Funny I hate the 18 up non stx front grills in black plastic or chrome but love the stx look. To each their own.