Remember our State Patrol Today....

TTQ B4U

As much as they can be a PIA for me on the road during nice weather, they sure come through when it counts.

Wife was stuck on the side of 70E/270 heading to Z.Ville when she and about a dozen others dropped into a huge pothole blowing out tires everywhere.

Sucks that this shit happens but it's just a car and wheel and roadside/Lincoln were good. Better than them however were the two Ohio State Troopers changing everyone on the road like a pit crew. Based on the text updates from my wife they changed 6 tires in record time including hers. She's now on her way to safety which gives me peace of mind given I wasn't in the area to help her.

Doesn't mean I won't cuss when I take a lump from one of them clocking me on the road next time but it does mean that my Thank You at the end will be well earned on their part.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.....

That's awesome. Never hated cops/patrol, just the revenue pushing they usually account for. There is so much more that they do with no gratitude, So :thumbup: in my book. I will however, continue to support my local jurisdiction one citation at a time :lol:

Always nice when officers do more then just write tickets. I've come across a few good ones, and most appreciate when you treat them decent. Very nice of them to go above and beyond changing tires, but just slowing traffic and making the scene safer for those unfortunate people stranded is a good deed.

Tim,

That’s a great story. If you have their information, maybe send a thank you note to their captain. I’m sure some positive praise would be a welcome change.

Very much this. My brother-in-law works at one of their posts and when they get a positive note from someone, it's HUGE for these people.