CR gives back <3

zeitgeist57

Earlier this month, I asked CR if I could get some help finding a dirt cheap car for a woman at my church on a very tight budget.

A longtime CR member let me know of a perfect car candidate for the right price that a family member was looking to get rid of. I reached out to the contact, and after explaining the situation, they offered an even greater discount. My friend was incredibly appreciative. It was a rough situation, where we had been letting her use one of our cars, and I was worried we wouldn’t find anything she can comfortably drive. Happy to report I’ve got a little bit of work to give her a nice, new daily driver.

I truly appreciate the efforts of some great people on this board: a little help, some good news, guidance here and there....really makes this a valuable resource in my world.

Thanks to everyone that works to help others through this site. :thumbup:

Earlier this month, I asked CR if I could get some help finding a dirt cheap car for a woman at my church on a very tight budget.

A longtime CR member let me know of a perfect car candidate for the right price that a family member was looking to get rid of. I reached out to the contact, and after explaining the situation, they offered an even greater discount. My friend was incredibly appreciative. It was a rough situation, where we had been letting her use one of our cars, and I was worried we wouldn’t find anything she can comfortably drive. Happy to report I’ve got a little bit of work to give her a nice, new daily driver.

I truly appreciate the efforts of some great people on this board: a little help, some good news, guidance here and there....really makes this a valuable resource in my world.

Thanks to everyone that works to help others through this site. :thumbup:

But what is it??

That's what I was wondering. I was waiting for the plot twist. lol

I feel like this thread is giving me blue balls... WHERE IS THE PLOT TWIST!?!

What car did he get? are their pics of the car? does that even matter? when does the flaming start?

Was Clay being sarcastic? Did he ask for help, never receive it, and is now indirectly calling the person out in the Kitchen?

UGH!!! So many questions!

Wow. I thought the Kitchen could do with a POSITIVE thread for once! :)

Yes, Brian is and continues to be "the man", and a favorite uncle to his nephew.

2002 Malibu with a rusted everything and bald tires, but it starts, runs, drives, and has heat when the reservoir is filled with coolant.

Yes, Brian is and continues to be "the man", and a favorite uncle to his nephew.

2002 Malibu with a rusted everything and bald tires, but it starts, runs, drives, and has heat when the reservoir is filled with coolant.

depositphotos_209449426-stock-photo-mystery-solved-clues-invesitgate-solving.jpg

Brian is the man. He gave me free Trans Am wheels like 10 years back. In exchange for his kindness, I gave him whatever random beers I had from the cooler in the bed of my truck :lol:

Cordell is the man too, he sold me an S10 a few years ago for like $200, something crazy cheap. I fixed the brake line, drove it 10k miles, then sold it for $300 when the fuel lines started pissing everywhere

Brian is the man. He gave me free Trans Am wheels like 10 years back. In exchange for his kindness, I gave him whatever random beers I had from the cooler in the bed of my truck :lol:

I have no recollection of this transaction, but ten years ago I was doing things that would make me not recall a lot of things

Is the coolant reservoir the former windshield washer fluid reservoir or nah?

At least it's got bald tires in the middle of winter.

I have no recollection of this transaction, but ten years ago I was doing things that would make me not recall a lot of things

We all now live vicariously through you. :lol: