CRs take on cars 15 years later.

Robochan

15 years ago I had a little Civic that I spent too much money on (relative to my shitty job at the time). I don't know if it was just the magic of being young or what, but I loved that thing and those were some super fun years.

gXdATlk.jpg

lesuqgY.jpg

Joining CR 15-16 years ago opened up my world to a group of people out there who liked the same shit I do.. cars and shenanigans. 15 years later I own more expensive rides but I don't feel that magic anymore. It's likely from just getting older. However, 90% of the people I still hang out with are either from old CR or a friend of a CR bro, so I can still appreciate hopping on board with you degenerates back then.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 years ago I was 10. My 5th grade teacher told us to "do a research report and presentation on anything that you're passionate about". I did mine on the the Dodge Viper because my dad got me a die-cast I thought was really cool. She gave me a bad grade. No specific marks toward my detail, spelling, grammar or presentation. I was a fan fav in front of the class. She told my parents the grade was "because he can't be passionate about cars".

Now it's 2019, she's dead (RIP) and I have my Viper.

poop emoji

I think i know who this teacher was haha

15 years ago I was dreaming about a WR Blue WRX W/ Gold wheels I wanted so bad on eBay in Connecticut. I had about $3k to my name from mowing lawns, I felt rich.

My older brother and sister both got cars, but I didn’t need one to get to high school I just rode with them.

Once I turned 16 my dad bought me my first car. A dark blue WRX. Loved the shit outta that thing.

Joining CR 15-16 years ago opened up my world to a group of people out there who liked the same shit I do.. cars and shenanigans. 15 years later I own more expensive rides but I don't feel that magic anymore. It's likely from just getting older. However, 90% of the people I still hang out with are either from old CR or a friend of a CR bro, so I can still appreciate hopping on board with you degenerates back then.

Sad to hear that you've lost the car magic. There is something to the simpler, cheaper, fun-to-drive cars that we remember.

15 years ago I was dreaming about a WR Blue WRX W/ Gold wheels I wanted so bad on eBay in Connecticut. I had about $3k to my name from mowing lawns, I felt rich.

My older brother and sister both got cars, but I didn’t need one to get to high school I just rode with them.

Once I turned 16 my dad bought me my first car. A dark blue WRX. Loved the shit outta that thing.

right in the feels.

15ish years ago, I was in high school and just around the age of being able to get my license. My friends cousin was into cars, and he invited us to the watch his car at the DSM shootout. I didn’t have a single clue what a Dsm was, or have much interest in cars prior. After that event, I was hooked.

His cousin owned a shop, where people would occasionally meet and race. (Industrial park) The majority of cars that were there probably ran 13-14s, and there was a Mustang that was beating everyone and the owner was extremely cocky. My friends cousin called him out, with a piece of shit turbo probe he randomly had sitting around. It beat the Mustang, and I offered to buy it a week later. Still didn’t have my license, and no idea how to drive a manual, but it was mine. I think it was $900.

Since I’ve probably owned 150+ vehicles, everything from DSM to exotic junk. Not much interest in cars these days, as I hate the attention stuff I would purchase brings. I’m not far from some of the best roads in NC, paved and unpaved. My interest is with bikes these days, more enjoyable IMO and you can have a fleet of new bikes for not much when compared to cars.

Let's see, fun car: 15 years ago I had sold my red Camaro IROC to mod my 98 Trans Am LS1/M6. I guess today I own a car that combines the IROC and T/A in a lot of ways, as it's a red Camaro with an LS motor and M6.

My DD 15 years ago went from a black 98 Trans Am LS1/A4 to a black Charger SuperBee today. I kind of see and feel that the Charger is just a bigger, heavier, 4 door "pony" car anyway.

15 years ago I was 19 and drove shitboxes. I got my z31 when I was 20. These days I have 2 project cars and a couple böring daily's. One project I need to get an abandoned title (bugeye WRX wagon) for then drop a motor in, maybe the other (4g64 fc rx7) will run this year with enough motivation.

Sad to hear that you've lost the car magic. There is something to the simpler, cheaper, fun-to-drive cars that we remember.

Indeed. I think it's about being new in the automotive world. I still remember the days when I loved the Toyota 2F engine in FJ-40; a very simple 4.2l OHV I6 naturally-aspirated with a 3600-rpm redline and a modest 120ish hp output. Today, an FJ-40 is crude, too simple, and borderline annoying to drive :D

Back then I had an SUV. It was a 2002 that I took delivery of in the summer of 2001. Wasn't fast but it did look good and road great.

original.jpg

I ended up trading it in for Sedan and with the market for them so hot I sold the lease early and exited it in just over 2yrs.

Wife wasn't too far along with her practice so we kept things simple until she got her foothold. Leased an Olds Alero with the 3.4l V6 and had the dealer put a body kit on it to make it a little different.

original.jpg

Ironically her car got hammered in the hail storm Easter Weekend which was the week we were turning it in.

2002 Pontiac Firebird V6 I really loved this car drove it HARD and it lasted for 12 whole years with NO major issues. A 2005 Chevy Trailblazer for the winter transmission took a poop at 105k miles

Sold both then moved to Phoenix, bought a Pontiac G8 GT traded that in for a Chevy SS and bought a Chevy Volt as a daily.

Next up though:

https://inventory-cf.assets-cdk.com/3/4/7/17733244743.jpg

Fifteen years ago, my dad and I were beginning work on the '82 Supra project that got me into cars.

Now, I'm in the midst of build number five I believe on my '94 Supra. I've shifted my mindset on the build, and am beginning to feel a bit of the childlike eagerness and wonder from the early years again, making it a much more enjoyable venture.

15 years ago I was 11 dreaming of getting my first foxbody after going to a NMRA event with a friend from school. 3 years later I found a 86 gt sitting in the junkyard at my dads work. After begging dad and scraping some money together doing whatever jobs a 14 yo could do we went halves on it. I drove the wheels off that car. Nick Boyd and I spent an entire summer beating on it every weekend. From learning to drive a stick taking it to homecoming, prom then eventually swapping it over to Chevy powered. Just last year while taking it apart for some cage updates I found unfixable rust. I made the decision to part it out and made all of my original investment back. Hardest decision I had to make was taking it to the scrap yard and watching it get crushed. Not going to lie it was kind of emotional but I ended up with another fox that is rust free and is now getting a twin turbo ls swap.