Broker Fees Question

Sully

From my other thread, the industrial developer had their Broker contact me asking if I'd be interested in selling. We talked, negotiated, etc.. I get the contract and the broker is charging me 3%, not them. I did not list my house, nor have an agent representing me. He called me out of the blue by the request of the developer. In this instance, shouldn't the buyer be paying the 3%? Discuss, please.

Of course they are going to charge you if they are also working on your behalf.

However, I would negotiate that shit out of there. Buyer is probably also paying 3%...though typically seller always pays. In your circumstances I'd think they buyer would cover your costs to get the deal done.

Ball is in your court.

After discussions with multiple people and because of the situation, I'm far better off just taking what I can get and run. If I push back too hard, they will walk. They don't NEED the land, they WANT the land. With this situation, I don't have to hire a listing agent, then pay 6% fees, and have to buy a bunch of shit to finish off some projects. All said and done, I'll come out ahead just paying the 3% and walking away.

Plus, since they are going to level the house, I had the contract updated that I can take EVERYTHING out of the house; hell, even the house itself, if I wanted. I can sell cabinets, light fixtures, doors, door hardware, sinks, faucets, hot water tank, pressure tank, hvac, etc. I'll make most, if not all that money back on that stuff.

After discussions with multiple people and because of the situation, I'm far better off just taking what I can get and run. If I push back too hard, they will walk. They don't NEED the land, they WANT the land. With this situation, I don't have to hire a listing agent, then pay 6% fees, and have to buy a bunch of shit to finish off some projects. All said and done, I'll come out ahead just paying the 3% and walking away.

Plus, since they are going to level the house, I had the contract updated that I can take EVERYTHING out of the house; hell, even the house itself, if I wanted. I can sell cabinets, light fixtures, doors, door hardware, sinks, faucets, hot water tank, pressure tank, hvac, etc. I'll make most, if not all that money back on that stuff.

Let me know when you're ready for me to come gut the place like a fish. I have multiple houses about to get a refresh.

Fuck no. They NEED the Land. You have the advantage here, not them! If anything call Brad (above) to be your rep-let him get paid!

The lady down the street tried that. They told her to kick rocks. I feel I did the right thing.

Let me know when you're ready for me to come gut the place like a fish. I have multiple houses about to get a refresh.

Good to know. I was going to look for someone for this purpose. I have a lot of new stuff in the house. However, depending on what house I end up with, I may take a lot of it myself. I will keep you in mind though.