C8 Corvette, 7-18-19

Cordell

I watched the reveal last night as well and I admit, I REALLY like it. As in, I may start planning on buying one in two years or so....bang for buck, both performance wise and looks, it's spot on.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The average person is a fucking retard...

around seas of accords, pilots and crvs?

This is everything that is wrong with the modern car world IMHO. It's not uncommon to see a line of several of the world's most bland Honda commuters in a row around here. It's disgusting.

I'll gladly carry the minority view on almost everything. The average person is a fucking retard.

LOL, well said :lol:

Street cars on street tires around seas of accords, pilots and crvs? Give me a god damn break, and the third pedal. I guarantee you I'll be having more fun than that GTR that just blew past me.

Well said, again.

I like the C8. It's a very impressive car, especially for the money, and I understand why they aren't offering a stick. But it's still kind of sad that the manual trans is dying off. My current cars are stick shifts and my next cars will be stick shifts. Unfortunately I'm part of the minority, it is what it is

I'm going to have to go against the grain here. I just flat out don't like it. It doesn't look like a Corvette at all. I understand this is a prototype and the final result will look a bit different, but still, it won't be far off from this.

Because all Corvette's have always looked the same. :lol:

Street cars on street tires around seas of accords, pilots and crvs? Give me a god damn break, and the third pedal. I guarantee you I'll be having more fun than that GTR that just blew past me.

I agree. It's a blast driving with 3 pedals 87 feet at a time. 1st to 2nd to red light to 1st to 2nd to red light is exhilarating.

...kidding. I love a good manual as well as the next fella, but talking about them in traffic? Meh. Nothing fun about 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, etc in gridlock or somewhere like Sawmill, downtown, or Stringtown. Eff that noise. I prefer a 3rd pedal when I can actually GO somewhere for more than a very short stint.

With that said, I do actually think it looks decent. 100% better than the C7. Should do well at that price point, but I'm assuming the overall transaction price will be significantly higher than the C7.

100% agree.

Those saying, "AutoLOL" have either no intentions or no means of buying one anyway so LOL. What a crock.

That being said I dunno why they wouldn't at least offer the option. Way to go again, GM. Knocked it out of the park.

GMLOL.

Love the looks.

Agree. "Faster" does not always mean "more fun"....

Just ask your wife. :gabe:

:lol:

remember when porka went to 2-pedal GT3s then couldn't build 3-pedal cars fast enough to satisfy the "minority"?

remember when the 3-pedal gt3 came back?

another car for faggots to talk about sitting in their garage while they drive their camrys to work 362 days/year

Manual Bros be triggered. So then don’t buy it and demand they build a manual. Good luck. I’m sure GM will sell plenty.

I happily own 2 manual cars. However they are from an era when the automatics really sucked. The modern trans is fun to drive, besides we are talking about a car getting a dual clutch anyway.

Jury is still out for me. I have always thought of the Corvette as a front engine sports car, but I understand when they talked about having to go in a new direction. Two things that that stand out to me in a negative way are the square exhaust tips and all the buttons on the center console. Overall I'm sure it will grow on me. Excited to see what the "z06" will be.

I'm a corvette guy..I've owned c3, (several) c4s, c5, and a c6. The 4s a few were manuals and I've pwned a tom of manuals, but the older I get I enjoy an auto. When my son bought his manual I told him they are fun until they aren't i.e heave traffic, winter time, or if you don't feel good that day.

As far as the looks it's always taken me some time to accept the new look in each gen, except may c2 to c3...yes I'm old enough to remember that.

The one thing I don't care for which began on the c7 are the taillights...I like the round look much better but I'm sure that too will pass.

I'll wait until I see the car in person and see if it grows on me.

Been reading some other car forums today. The C8 and what it brings for the price, sure seems to have won over a lot of the internet. Even owners of other brands. My hope is that it helps bring some of the other car prices back down to Earth, even if just a little.

People who say they won’t buy it because no manual trans fit into one of these 3 categories

Too fat to fit

Too broke to buy

Enjoy being pegged by their neighbors wife

Can’t wait to buy one. Really tempting to call and see what the pricing is like, but as mentioned, I don’t think anyone is getting one sub 60k unless it’s stripped down

Been reading some other car forums today. The C8 and what it brings for the price, sure seems to have won over a lot of the internet. Even owners of other brands. My hope is that it helps bring some of the other car prices back down to Earth, even if just a little.

^^ this. Toyota Supra Sales may not be deliver what they thought as a result IMO.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1052&pictureid=9393

that's a nice ford GT :gabe:

I am leery of a GM DCT. GM for the longest time was the hold out saying they could do a torque converter auto better than a DCT. Hell even chrysler had a DCT before GM, and that is saying something. In typical GM fashion, GM's dct will either be expensive and amazing or will feltch ass through a twisty straw. I am interested in finding out which.

^^ this. Toyota Supra Sales may not be deliver what they thought as a result IMO.

Really, if the responses on the various forums I've browsed are any indication, it's going to steal some sales from quite a few cars. Very positive response.

that's a nice ford GT :gabe:

I am leery of a GM DCT. GM for the longest time was the hold out saying they could do a torque converter auto better than a DCT. Hell even chrysler had a DCT before GM, and that is saying something. In typical GM fashion, GM's dct will either be expensive and amazing or will feltch ass through a twisty straw. I am interested in finding out which.

LOL. Think Ford will sell a GT for around $60k?

Yeah, who knows yet about the DCT or a lot of things. I'm still curious to see how it pans out, especially the numbers that it will actually put down.