C8 Corvette, 7-18-19

Cordell

Got this news in my GM login this morning.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1029&pictureid=9288

Chevrolet Team -

The speculation is over. Tonight in New York City, General Motors Chairman and CEO Mary Barra confirmed the official reveal date for the Next Generation Corvette. She arrived at Times Square in a camouflaged prototype for the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers' Footsteps to the Future Gala, where she was honored. The prototype was emblazoned with “7.18.19", the official reveal date for the most anticipated Corvette ever.

There, she also announced that the final seventh-gen Corvette — a black, 2019 Z06 model — will be auctioned on June 28, at the Barrett-Jackson Northeast sale in Connecticut. Every dollar of the winning bid will go to the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation, named for New York City firefighter Stephen Siller, who died during the attacks of September 11. Registration information is available at http://www.barrett-jackson.com.

This exhilarating news naturally raises a slew of questions for you and your valued customers. From a Dealer perspective beyond today's announcement, we will start sharing formal details at the end of April, through the July reveal and beyond.

From a consumer perspective, encourage your customers to sign up and receive updates straight from the source, https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-vehicles/next-generation-corvette, so they can be the first to know about the Next Gen Corvette.

This Corvette is the sum of each generation before it, but will stand alone as the new standard of performance. Come along for what promises to be a once in a lifetime ride.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about damn time, a mid engined corvette has been rumored for how many years?

since the early 1960's. They have made 9 different rear engined prototypes since 1964 (two of them wankel rotary powered).

I love this shot of the new corvette:

Official-Mid-Engine-Corvette-Shots-2.jpg

Did they take the Z/28 wheels and just add 5 more spokes?

possibly, it's a prototype mule so it can have any manner of what works on it, not necessarily what the final design would be. It could even be a hub cap to hide that it is a z/28 rim, or it could have been the next gen z28 rim they had kicking around and threw on the car because the size was right.

possibly, it's a prototype mule so it can have any manner of what works on it, not necessarily what the final design would be. It could even be a hub cap to hide that it is a z/28 rim, or it could have been the next gen z28 rim they had kicking around and threw on the car because the size was right.

it's even possible that is a stock factory wheel for the c8 corvette! :eek: :eek:

There's a LOT going on with the exterior detailing, but it looks pretty clean. I'm very interested in the dimensions: I'm staring at that woman's head trying to get an idea of perspective...those doors look like they bow outward a good amount. The front end is looking very LaFerrari-ish.

I've seen the rear shots as well and the only thing I'm not liking is the exhaust tips, and the rear wheels. They almost look too flat...should carry some dish to them, I hope. Actually, those wheels in general look like something I can buy 4 of for $499 shipped on eBay.

Overall though, I think it looks awesome. If it's anything less than $100k base with a stick it will definitely be a new dream car of mine. The nose looks big too...would be great to have some decent, Tesla-level boot storage for weekend trips.

Overall though, I think it looks awesome. If it's anything less than $100k base with a stick it will definitely be a new dream car of mine. The nose looks big too...would be great to have some decent, Tesla-level boot storage for weekend trips.

Yep, agree 100%

There's a LOT going on with the exterior detailing, but it looks pretty clean. I'm very interested in the dimensions: I'm staring at that woman's head trying to get an idea of perspective...those doors look like they bow outward a good amount. The front end is looking very LaFerrari-ish.

I've seen the rear shots as well and the only thing I'm not liking is the exhaust tips, and the rear wheels. They almost look too flat...should carry some dish to them, I hope. Actually, those wheels in general look like something I can buy 4 of for $499 shipped on eBay.

Yea, the angle and the camo make it look WAY longer than it really is. This image makes it look 18' long, but it's not nearly as long as it looks. The NYC DOT spec for "BUS ONLY" (you can see the Y on the road) is 8' tall. [https://www1.nyc.gov/html/dot/downloads/pdf/nycdot_highwaydesign_typicalmarkings.pdf last page]

One of the articles I read said no manual option, but who knows. Kind of like the new gt500. *insert DCT outperforms a stick* comments here...which is in your rectum :gabe:

The super pointy front is awful, and camo is not misrepresenting that. The side profile is great.

C6 grew on me a lot. I still don't like the C7 looks at all.

It's a wide angle lens photo, super pointy front end is looking extra pointy because the lens in pulling it forward at the edges.

It's a wide angle lens photo, super pointy front end is looking extra pointy because the lens in pulling it forward at the edges.

Yeah, it is pulling it and exaggerating it some. There's a video of the camo demo rolling around NYC. It's still a little too pointy IMO.