New ride, finally settled on a truck.

cstmg8

Pencil me in Tim. I'd like to get it done asap, before the Ohio weather gets to the paint anymore. Let me Know what package makes the most sense. I'd like fully sealed and polished, if I can afford it, lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'll PM you details. Pun intended. :thumbup:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How’s it compare to the GL?
Pulls a lot harder. I'd still like to get the tune on the GL though, that thing Impresses me every time I steal it from the wife.

She did lose the front coolant line the other day though. She's supposed to be scheduling it for warranty repair. I hose clamped it [emoji15]

The warranty is one big difference, if I don't mod it further, and I don't have to tell you of all people about the fun of a sleeper.

Oh trust me, I dig the hell out of this!!! Great pick up. :)

If you can show me where I can get a complete blower setup installed and tuned for that much, they've got my money.

I honesty don't know what he paid. Only pricing I saw as on the Cadillacs and it was a 30k option

Oh trust me, I dig the hell out of this!!! Great pick up. :)

I honesty don't know what he paid. Only pricing I saw as on the Cadillacs and it was a 30k option

I didn't pay sticker plus $30k, lol, I of course paid more than planned. Remember that it's a 2018 model, so almost two model years behind despite only having 200 miles on it.

I'd save the $50 for gas lol
Hahaha, the current average fuel economy is not good on the driver's display! Probably has something to do with me driving like an idiot every time I get in it.

No worries, not going to be a full time dd.

Already seeing the mod vs warranty issue, lol. I was told by a friend that this truck hits the speed limiter at 98mph. That'll kill quarter mile fun.

Would just turning off the limiter show up as a "tune" at the dealer?

Should my friend just have a full Dyno tune done?

Thanks for any advice you can give him.

Already seeing the mod vs warranty issue, lol. I was told by a friend that this truck hits the speed limiter at 98mph. That'll kill quarter mile fun.

Would just turning off the limiter show up as a "tune" at the dealer?

Should my friend just have a full Dyno tune done?

Thanks for any advice you can give him.

Yes it would be a change in calibration and that’s all it takes. GM only requires checking the calibration files in the event of total assembly replacement ie have the replace engine assembly or transmission assembly. So unless you get some tech or service manager that suspects abuse and checks, it will likely never come up but that’s the risk. Simply have a faulty injector or something and it will be a non-issue.

A Callaway vehicle would be an interesting grey area, I realize they have a warranty but it’s not a GM calibration it would be a Callaway calibration. May be hard to handle a warranty claim like an engine outside of a Callaway dealership.

Yes it would be a change in calibration and that’s all it takes. GM only requires checking the calibration files in the event of total assembly replacement ie have the replace engine assembly or transmission assembly. So unless you get some tech or service manager that suspects abuse and checks, it will likely never come up but that’s the risk. Simply have a faulty injector or something and it will be a non-issue.

A Callaway vehicle would be an interesting grey area, I realize they have a warranty but it’s not a GM calibration it would be a Callaway calibration. May be hard to handle a warranty claim like an engine outside of a Callaway dealership.

I wondered about that, and to be honest, wondered about Coughlins capability on servicing this truck. No reason to doubt their service department, probably very capable, the manager just told me that they'd never kept one local.

Which dealership are you at Cordell?

I wondered about that, and to be honest, wondered about Coughlins capability on servicing this truck. No reason to doubt their service department, probably very capable, the manager just told me that they'd never kept one local.

Which dealership are you at Cordell?

I’m at Dan Tobin Chevy. I worked at Dave Gill when they were a Callaway dealer (don’t think they are anymore) and I remember replacing an ECM once and it being a big ordeal, getting a new one, learning it to the car, taking it back out and sending it to Callaway. Never seen an engine replaced in one so I’m not sure how it would go. Coincidentally the new service manager at Coughlin Pataskala is my old service manager from Dave Gill during that time, so he may be the best option if you got into a situation like that.

I’m at Dan Tobin Chevy. I worked at Dave Gill when they were a Callaway dealer (don’t think they are anymore) and I remember replacing an ECM once and it being a big ordeal, getting a new one, learning it to the car, taking it back out and sending it to Callaway. Never seen an engine replaced in one so I’m not sure how it would go. Coincidentally the new service manager at Coughlin Pataskala is my old service manager from Dave Gill during that time, so he may be the best option if you got into a situation like that.
Thanks Cordell. Apparently I have to be careful about the dealership flashing it as well. I may have him contact Callaway about a speed limiter removal, but it sounds like it wouldn't be an issue since the dealership can't do my tune anyway.

971a7c885fdc74687dc6452f7c10ed6b.jpg

I’m at Dan Tobin Chevy. I worked at Dave Gill when they were a Callaway dealer

Off-topic - I bought my Firebird at Dave Gill waaay back when.

On-topic - Sweet sweet truck.

Thanks Cordell. Apparently I have to be careful about the dealership flashing it as well. I may have him contact Callaway about a speed limiter removal, but it sounds like it wouldn't be an issue since the dealership can't do my tune anyway.

971a7c885fdc74687dc6452f7c10ed6b.jpg

Well obviously it shouldn’t just be overwritten by a dealership, but having it dyno tuned with HPTuners is still an option.