New ride, finally settled on a truck.

cstmg8

Won't be needing the ON3 package now. Picked up a 2018 Callaway Silverado. 560 hp supercharged 6.2L. haven't gotten to play much due to the rain, but I grabbed a few pics.

It definitely needs some chrome/emblem/sticker removal, and a trip to Tim for sealing, but it's a good start!

Can't decide if I should go with a leveling kit right away, or maybe lower the rear, lol.82ac4dd4bb494dd62ab39a2b3c11eef8.jpg8a6e36c4f8e4804a49bb9a4a2c0629af.jpgc5a17588c2c6e2a85a8592a27a153c4e.jpga573f3416a2c197e72fc835b442a228a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leveling kits seem to be wearing people's front ball joints prematurely. Also look for leaks on the headliner.. people have issues with the shark fin and third brake light leaking. Run a bead of clear silicone around the base of each to fix that. Otherwise I would just leave it as-is and enjoy it.

Oh yeah and if you have a wireless phone charger pad on your armrest that doesn't work, check out youtube for the (simple) fix. You basically just pull out the whole rubber mat, cut off some nub underneath it, then reinstall it backwards. Took me 5min and it works great now.

Leveling kits seem to be wearing people's front ball joints prematurely. Also look for leaks on the headliner.. people have issues with the shark fin and third brake light leaking. Run a bead of clear silicone around the base of each to fix that. Otherwise I would just leave it as-is and enjoy it.

Oh yeah and if you have a wireless phone charger pad on your armrest that doesn't work, check out youtube for the (simple) fix. You basically just pull out the whole rubber mat, cut off some nub underneath it, then reinstall it backwards. Took me 5min and it works great now.

Thanks, I was actually looking for a black truck similar to yours with the 6.2 when I came across this.

Coughlin said that they have never sold one locally. They shipped one to Pennsylvania and one to Virginia.

Lower the rear.

Antenna issues seem to stop at 2016 model year from what I have seen.

If I decided to go this route, what would be the best method? I can Google obviously, just curious since you see these trucks.

I never had leaking problem with my '15, '16, '17, and '18 trucks. If there was a leaking problem, a dealer should take care of it.

There are "lift blocks" on the rear axle. They're about 1.25" thick. Removing them might achieve the lowering amount you seek and it's the easiest, near-free method.

I never had leaking problem with my '15, '16, '17, and '18 trucks. If there was a leaking problem, a dealer should take care of it.

There are "lift blocks" on the rear axle. They're about 1.25" thick. Removing them might achieve the lowering amount you seek and it's the easiest, near-free method.

Awesome. I'm not sure about lowering it, I've always taken trucks the other way, but it just seems to make more sense on this one.

WOW! That's a nice truck! I can the stickers and emblems off too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Pencil me in Tim. I'd like to get it done asap, before the Ohio weather gets to the paint anymore. Let me Know what package makes the most sense. I'd like fully sealed and polished, if I can afford it, lol.

Cool truck.

My Sierra had a ~2" block in the rear I removed to level mine out.

I was looking under there. If I'm looking at the right blocks, do the leaf springs then just rest on the axle?

Nice truck.

Question on the emblems- if you remove them, what makes the truck any different than a similarly equipped model that you slapped a blower on besides saving 7-10k?

I wouldn't remove everything, definitely the Rocky ridge stickers. I'm up in the air about which if any of the chrome letters. Red bowties have to go.

The warranty is one big difference, if I don't mod it further, and I don't have to tell you of all people about the fun of a sleeper.

Nice truck.

Question on the emblems- if you remove them, what makes the truck any different than a similarly equipped model that you slapped a blower on besides saving 7-10k?

If you can show me where I can get a complete blower setup installed and tuned for that much, they've got my money.