Any optometrists in here? Need suggestions on sunglasses.

RC K9

My favorite pair of sunglasses finally bit the dust after about a decade. I need suggestions on possible suitable replacements as these ones are discontinued. They were by far the favorite pair I've ever had.

Serengeti Leggero 6906 Polarized

Really not wanting to spend $250+ on a pair of sunglasses, but obviously you are going to pay for quality and I am usually a quality over quantity kind of guy.

I don't like big, bulky, heavy glasses. Something as close to the leggeros as possibly would be ideal.

Open to all suggestions that are close to those.

Try some out. I'm not saying you have to spend $200 to get good glasses, just that these are amazing, comfort and lense wise.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I've got a couple of $30 polarized glasses - Goodr's and Crimson's. I have enjoyed 20/20 vision up to me now being 41 yo...but when I'm wearing the Crimsons (which I've had for a few years now) my eyesight gets a little blurry. Pull the glasses up and my eyesight sharpens.

Starting to think it may be time to invest in better optics. :lol:

...buuuuut I probably won't. :gabe:

Good polarized lenses are amazing, Randy. Every time I put mine on, my eyes relax and say thank you Mitch. You don't get that when you buy sunglasses off a spinny boi in a gas station along with a monster and beef jerky.

I prefer my $7 glasses with a tornado and a gatorade.

Is it really worth ~$190ish more?

Try some out. I'm not saying you have to spend $200 to get good glasses, just that these are amazing, comfort and lense wise.

Thanks. I'll have to take time to go look at some. I don't like metal frames and nose pads though. I'll need to look at different types.

I'be had my fair share of $50 and under shades, and then a few of the serengeti $200 shades. No comparison. Not even close. And my tend to last a long time, like a decade or more, so $20/year for a pleasant seeing experience is well worth it imo. My eyes are pretty sensitive to light and I often have to wear them even on cloudy days while driving to avoid squinting. I also do a lot of outdoor activities with a ton of sunlight down here, so I really have to be a quality over quantity consumer here.

I prefer my $7 glasses with a tornado and a gatorade.

Is it really worth ~$190ish more?

Thanks. I'll have to take time to go look at some. I don't like metal frames and nose pads though. I'll need to look at different types.

Nope, try on the nylon frames, not metal.

https://www.zennioptical.com/b/premium-sunglasses-men?Ns=sku.price_listPrices%7C0

is your friend. Just have a copy of your prescription handy. Shipping takes 5-7 days.

Better off going to a private OD and getting real lenses vs white label knock off ones. There is a difference and you do get what you pay for. Low single vision Rx's may not see it as much. If you're above a +/-2 or have a progressive you absolutely will.

Again, PM me if you have questions.

I'be had my fair share of $50 and under shades, and then a few of the serengeti $200 shades. No comparison. Not even close. And my tend to last a long time, like a decade or more, so $20/year for a pleasant seeing experience is well worth it imo. My eyes are pretty sensitive to light and I often have to wear them even on cloudy days while driving to avoid squinting. I also do a lot of outdoor activities with a ton of sunlight down here, so I really have to be a quality over quantity consumer here.

I def prefer quality over quantity in most situations. I only wear sunglasses while driving really. I'm sure there is a diff but thus far I have no complaints with my el cheapos aside from the fact that I literally just lost them yesterday apparently (which is odd since they never leave the vehicle). IDGAF though. They were $7. I'd get a little more upset losing a $200 pair of shades.

+1 for Zenni as far as glasses go. Never ordered sunglasses from them but I've ordered prob more than 20 pair of glasses over the last 13 or 14 years. Never an issue.

• 1 month later...
After losing my backup pair of sun glasses last week during a falconry hunting trip, I broke down and bought another pair. Went with the Maui Jim Lighthouse. Wore them yesterday afternoon while hunting then again on my drive in to work this morning. I am pleased thus far. They are very light, and comfortable. I'd like to get another pair of serengeti's in the future, but these Maui Jim's are nice. I appreciate the suggestions.

I lost my $9 Rural King glasses then got some $14.99 gas station "pugs" or something. Found the RK's the next day. For the price I'm pleased.

...I should prob look into better sunglasses.

I buy mine from the dollar store. They are literally 1$. :lolguy:

I lose/break them too often to spend more.

I buy mine from the dollar store. They are literally 1$. :lolguy:

I lose/break them too often to spend more.

Mine usually last for many years, and I've tried cheapo many times. I fkn hate them. They hurt my eyes, and when fishing, suck. Need polarized.

Good polarized lenses are amazing, Randy. Every time I put mine on, my eyes relax and say thank you Mitch. You don't get that when you buy sunglasses off a spinny boi in a gas station along with a monster and beef jerky.

polorized regular glasses are amazing too <3