Who needs what / who can help?

Richard Cranium

One of the reasons I have stuck with CR and even become a sponsor is how tight knit a group this is. With everything going on and all the shortages we're starting to have, I'm sure there will be members of this community that will be in need of something. Maybe you're out of something you need and can't get, or maybe you're quarantined and can't get out for supplies. Maybe someone lives close and can lend a hand. The one thing I know is we cannot help each other if we don't know what people need. I'd like to see this thread left shit free for people to ask for help if they need it, and for the rest of us to know what the need is. I know most of us are proud, and it hurts to ask for help, but sometimes you need it. No shame, no bullshit. If you need help please feel free to post, and hopefully someone can help out.

I have about 300lbs of rice and couple cases of water. If anyone need them I’m willing to share.

We also own a business and we are running low on bleach, so anyone know where I can get some I would really appreciate. We are in Grandview/UA area

Dollar stores usually have bleach. It won’t be Clorox but it’s bleach. Also try Menards or HD. They have a good cleaning supply section.

Up to help any of my CR Brothers and Sisters.

Any one have pallets?

Want to make some raised vegetable beds with them...long before all this went down decided we would make some now it looks like may have time as well.Thanks.

Just drive behind any large shopping center, there are always some out back that you can take. If you worry, ask somebody there, 99% of the time they be glad you take those pallets

Any one have pallets?

Want to make some raised vegetable beds with them...long before all this went down decided we would make some now it looks like may have time as well.Thanks.

Have plenty of them at work all different size come take what you want. Kurtz bros 711 frank rd

Any one have pallets?

Many of them are treated with chemicals or pressure treated. That could end up in your soil and then your food. There are many write ups about it in homesteading groups.

https://preparednessmama.com/pallet-safety/

Have plenty of them at work all different size come take what you want. Kurtz bros 711 frank rd

I made mine out of cedar at my old house. It's ok to use more modern pressure treated wood as they no longer contained formaldehyde...but it is still recommended you use a plastic liner.

Might be a little more.flexable to do individual plants in pots around your porch depending on your situation. I have had good luck with square foot gardening when I dabbled with it in the past.

I've built a woodshed for myself and my dad over the past year (pics of mine HERE). I "sided" each of them with cedar, but wanted something sturdy enough to lean logs against. Ended up using Menards Cedar "thickdeck" decking product, as it was by far the cheapest per of any cedar offering available. It's finished better than any comparably priced lumber from what I found.

https://www.menards.com/main/building-materials/lumber-boards/cedar-wood-products/cedar-boards-decking-lumber-timbers/5-4-x-6-red-cedar-decking/1072642/p-1444422319232-c-5674.htm

• 3 weeks later...
I'm just bumping this thread to remind people it's still here. We're doing okay. My wife works for a credit union, so she's still into work every day. I'm still teaching from home. I try and stay put as much as possible, but still venture out when there is something I need. I've extended the offer to my elderly neighbors to make grocery runs for them. They don't need to be out and about these days.

If anyone is, or knows, someone who is an essential worker and needs any form of automotive assistance, please direct them to me/us (rob.fields@fieldsautoworks.com). Race cars need to take a back seat in this unprecedented time and we have some idle resources. Thanks.

Clintonville Krogers had a good amount of toilet paper today, big packs but generic brand (if that matters). I cannot for the life of me find any hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes or spray anywhere. If anyone knows where I can find some it would be greatly appreciated.